It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One Person Gave A Single Thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Some of you will not agree with this and you know what i don't care i watched this documentary today and felt so sad .

as children we are taught to share and yet as adults we do not practice what we preach, i don't care if you don't star or flag my post.

if one person reads this and shares an emotion i felt after watching this i will be happy.

why can we not share our planet. a country is not one persons this planet as a whole is ours to share and yet we segregate other countries our planet is not mine nor yours it is 'OURS'.

these people we not be facing deprivation and drugs if we had just allowed them to live like us ! But no we have illegal aliens huh?

Greed is the fuel for this fire we all see how we can be money grabbing law abiding citizens what ever happened to unity ? i am sure as hell it does not exist anymore .

im sorry for ranting i just feel so sad!

edit on 11/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title, removed profanity/censor circumvention.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have run into these questions in life and will say that I think it all starts with our personal definition of property and what property law means and should mean ...How is it possible for something that is created to own that which was created by someone else ? ...we become subservient to the law when we make it our dogma .. peace

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by leopardpimps

these people we not be facing deprivation and drugs if we had just allowed them to live like us ! But no we have illegal aliens huh?

OK I'll be the bad guy here.

While I'm sorry for the conditions of these people the US is currently in pretty dire straits itself if you haven't noticed. We have 47 million people on food stamps trying to just get basic food. In 2012 we had a population of absolute homeless over 633,000 people. That's the official number but I think it's probably much higher.

In 2011 we gave Mexico over $317 million in economic aid, economic not military, etc. Maybe they are not helping their own people.

Unfortunately and I mean that we have our own problems right now that need addressing in the worst way. Once we get our own house in order then maybe we can help more. That help doesn't include allowing people who break our laws to be rewarded. Coming into foreign countries against immigration laws is a crime whether you see it or not.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

When you've calmed down, look a little into the state of affairs in Mexico. Take a look at WHY people want to leave Mexico. Remember, it's not so much that they want to come to America, it's just that they want to leave Mexico in a bad way. Once you realize their motivations and see things for what they are, you might react to it all differently.

I don't mean to come across as unfeeling, but one of the men who live in the canal said that he doesn't want to go back to his hometown as a defeated man. Here's a suggestion.....him and all the other one's like him need to get together and take out the element that make them want to leave Mexico in the first place. Something tells me there's more destitute people in Mexico then there are makers, distributors and security 'forces" who protect the drug trade in Mexico. Defeated? He was defeated when he chose to run from his country's problems and into another one that has enough of their own.

They have nothing left to lose, so why not fight to get back what they lost? It amazes me that they will continue to try to enter a country where they, by and large, are not wanted instead of becoming either national heroes or martyrs to a cause that will make their home country a better place for all. Sure, it would be nasty for awhile but have you seen the numbers of deaths recently that are directly attributed to the drug trade? At least this way the deaths would be those who actually deserve it.

Sorry, but they're making their own misery by running from their problems.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Crime,drugs, violence and drug lords pretty much run Mexico. Do you really want to open the borders and let them come and go at will?
The gangs, drugs and violence in our own country can't hold a candle to what Mexico is dealing with.
Nugget

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I feel sympathy for the Mexican people wishing to build a better life. Everybody deserves an opportunity to make a better life.

But past the pure emotional response, the fact of the problem is, all of them coming here is simply not an option. The U.S. could not sustain that kind of influx of illegal Immigrants, or otherwise, especially with the condition our country is in now.

The only viable solution I can think of is that the Mexican people need to take back their country from the cartels and corrupt government.

Just to add a bit to the conversation, here is a list of countries by poverty.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I agree with your sentiment, and vibe of your post.

I have given in charity settings bags of groceries to peeps in low areas and received only stares of what the ?,()$&you want.

And I have offered the helping hand everywhere, only to never(rarely alright) have the favour returned time and again.

To the coat from my back and I'll do it again.....for the personal reward.

After a time I think some if not all folk start to hold their giving and heart to themselves....especially if they are in their latter years of life.

It's genuinely hard to give from poverty, the only place that really normally understands what that really means, let alone from a place of privilege.

Now I see things from a bit of a broader perspective and when I see somewhere I can maybe make a permanent generational change I focus on that....love begets love so to speak.

I don't know ,this way of classed systems has been around a long time, to see the painting at all is one thing, then the colours, or the detail, the brush stokes, how the painter saw it etc to infinity let alone the entirety of it......what is the value on view point don't they all have equal merit?

Thanks for making me ponder, love the moment.

Cheers to you and yours

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Not to sound callous but you'd probably get more reads/views if you didn't lump people into some category of ignorance whether it be willful or otherwise. I am well aware and concerned about what both creates immigration and what occurs post-deportation. In fact I'll up the ante in stating that the same exact thing occurred during the Great Depression with the same exact group of immigrants and add a remark that economic desperation seems to breed nationalism. I'll also toss in that this kind of anti-immigrant rhetoric/nationalism isn't solely confined to the US and Hispanics but has been cropping up in various countries within Europe as well.

I agree that it is appalling how little we, as a society, seem to care about the plight of others but then, whenever I start thinking about that, I start thinking about those that I know and contrasting it with that generalized view of society. I know a whole lot of people that do care about the well being of others both within this country and without. I know only a handful who are the opposite. Suffering is everywhere, make no mistake, and for most, it would seem that they feel helpless in that they can do anything about it.

Sorry if I'm coming down hard on you, especially since you do admit that you are ranting. However, isolating, categorizing and generalizing people as a whole as being something perceptually negative ("not a single person gave a thought") does more to harm the addressing of a very real problem than to simply bring it to the table and state how it makes you feel. I see no reason that so many should suffer in this world as well so I'm with you all the way on that one.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
first of all thank you for replying , like i said i appreciate any view point maybe not blame the people that ant to get away.

one of you said about aid where does it go? because clearly not to them.

secondly yes there are bad people there cartels etc but these people are not all cartel and name some where on this planet we do not have mafia , drug dealers and murders ?

i am not singling out just Mexico i mean everywhere surely this place is big enough to share?

i found the stories of these people sad , same with anywhere is see drugs loneliness and generally no love .

to burn down what they built i think is sad they are trying i would too feel shame to go home knowing i have failed my family.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
BTW i am not ignorant or saying this is isolated my country and every where on the planet does this i did mention the planet not just the U.S

we are all guilty makes me sad this is just one example so cool your boot i am not here to slam anyone

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Taupin Desciple

When you've calmed down, look a little into the state of affairs in Mexico. Take a look at WHY people want to leave Mexico. Remember, it's not so much that they want to come to America, it's just that they want to leave Mexico in a bad way. Once you realize their motivations and see things for what they are, you might react to it all differently.

I don't mean to come across as unfeeling, but one of the men who live in the canal said that he doesn't want to go back to his hometown as a defeated man. Here's a suggestion.....him and all the other one's like him need to get together and take out the element that make them want to leave Mexico in the first place. Something tells me there's more destitute people in Mexico then there are makers, distributors and security 'forces" who protect the drug trade in Mexico. Defeated? He was defeated when he chose to run from his country's problems and into another one that has enough of their own.

They have nothing left to lose, so why not fight to get back what they lost? It amazes me that they will continue to try to enter a country where they, by and large, are not wanted instead of becoming either national heroes or martyrs to a cause that will make their home country a better place for all. Sure, it would be nasty for awhile but have you seen the numbers of deaths recently that are directly attributed to the drug trade? At least this way the deaths would be those who actually deserve it.

Sorry, but they're making their own misery by running from their problems.

they should all get together take back what is theirs if that fails time to move on i have taken in lots of homeless people in my years helped them get cleaned up and on the right track helped them find jobs and new homes is i can do it at the ripe age of 25 im sure anyone can.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I see where you're coming from, but I also think you're avoiding the specifics.
It is not so easy to rile up everybody and "reform" their government.
We're talking about a very high level of corruption and lots of automatic rifles.

They live for their families, and if they think there is a slight chance of them getting back to the U.S where they can actually make a decent wage for their sweat and blood then they'll try.
This is why you see the men in the tunnels, because they had a taste of a world where you work and get paid.
Their are no jobs, no opportunities in Mexico. Wherever there are, they've been taken, and those people are in many ways slaves out of fear for losing that job.

It's a sad state of affairs on all fronts, but what real solutions do you have to offer?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
I have run into these questions in life and will say that I think it all starts with our personal definition of property and what property law means and should mean ...How is it possible for something that is created to own that which was created by someone else ? ...we become subservient to the law when we make it our dogma .. peace

the way i have always seen life is what is mine is yours as long as we agree not to abuse trust, i understand that maybe instead of blaming immigrants lets look at the bigger picture the government the rulers the ones who create this chaos

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

ThinkingCap
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I see where you're coming from, but I also think you're avoiding the specifics.
It is not so easy to rile up everybody and "reform" their government.
We're talking about a very high level of corruption and lots of automatic rifles.

They live for their families, and if they think there is a slight chance of them getting back to the U.S where they can actually make a decent wage for their sweat and blood then they'll try.
This is why you see the men in the tunnels, because they had a taste of a world where you work and get paid.
Their are no jobs, no opportunities in Mexico. Wherever there are, they've been taken, and those people are in many ways slaves out of fear for losing that job.

It's a sad state of affairs on all fronts, but what real solutions do you have to offer?

i could not of placed this better

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Not to sound callous but you'd probably get more reads/views if you didn't lump people into some category of ignorance whether it be willful or otherwise. I am well aware and concerned about what both creates immigration and what occurs post-deportation. In fact I'll up the ante in stating that the same exact thing occurred during the Great Depression with the same exact group of immigrants and add a remark that economic desperation seems to breed nationalism. I'll also toss in that this kind of anti-immigrant rhetoric/nationalism isn't solely confined to the US and Hispanics but has been cropping up in various countries within Europe as well.

i don't want views or stars i said this if one person watched it i would be happy im not here as for popularity i enjoy others views and such but friends i have .

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
According to Vice, Mexican Immigrants that live and work in the US send 22 billion dollars a year back home.

You want to ask why this continues, follow the money.

I been where they at and I identify with their pain. Walk a mile in their shoes.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Neither am I, actually. However, a lot of times, it seems that those things that hit closer to truths are those subjects that are the most uncomfortable to people. I try to tread lightly though when carrying a sledgehammer.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Neither am I, actually. However, a lot of times, it seems that those things that hit closer to truths are those subjects that are the most uncomfortable to people. I try to tread lightly though when carrying a sledgehammer.

i am not one to tread to careful, i say what i thing i am too honest sometimes get me in trouble hehe

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
this world is hard work i just wanted to share what i felt and the video , i am not trying to make no one change their view, that belongs to them.

just sharing a video and an opinion i welcome all positive or negative that is the game of life

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

leopardpimps

WhiteAlice

i am not one to tread to careful, i say what i thing i am too honest sometimes get me in trouble hehe

I don't spare the use of sledgehammers. I just chose to try to nail as many as I can with that sledgehammer by sneaking up on them. I don't know if that makes me super manipulative, pure evil or what but it makes things harder to circumvent when one doesn't allow room for wiggling or avoidance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join