It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Walter White

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I saw this short documentary on Youtube and found it to be pretty interesting, so I thought I'd share.

If you've seen Breaking Bad, you already know who Walter White is. If not, Walter White is the main character of the series.

Anyway, here he is, the real Walter White:

edit on 28-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A layman with no understanding of chemistry and taught relatively terrible methods which probably poisoned a ton of people because they failed to take out impurities.

I'd say nothing like the guy on TV!

Leave it up to big pharma please, they make the best. Source

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Walter knows he's no hero, but he's stand-up and he knows that, too. Some folk don't need to exaggerate.

I don't watch Breaking Bad, but I know who Walter is. That vid is straight.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Wow, so the main character in Breaking Bad was actually based on this real Walter White guy? I wasn't aware of that. All this dude needs to do is shave his head and he'd look super bad ass. Lol...

Honestly though I never liked the fact that Breaking Bad was about meth... any other drug probably would have been better, because meth is just so damn deadly to the human body.

Because of Breaking Bad I'm sure that many people will get sucked into trying meth when they wouldn't have otherwise. There's nothing cool about meth and there never will be, it's the crappiest drug ever.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The show definitely doesn't glorify it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Whether it tried to or not, it did so. Walter White is now a cult figure. It especially glorified the process of meth making by showing the comradeship between Walter and Jesse as they embarked on their meth making shenanigans, with background music such as "crystal blue persuasion".
edit on 29/11/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nope, here they are (in real live?.. really?)

Source

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Whether it tried to or not, it did so. Walter White is now a cult figure. It especially glorified the process of meth making by showing the comradeship between Walter and Jesse as they embarked on their meth making shenanigans, with background music such as "crystal blue persuasion".
edit on 29/11/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

i disagree,
The comradeship you mention wasn't really there between Walter and Jesse. Most of the time they were arguing, at each others throats. Jesse did'nt like being told what to do, Walter at pains to keep him involved. in no way was meth making glorified at any time. it was a big part of the story, and yes we see them numerous times in the lab.
They had a love/hate relationship if anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Honestly though I never liked the fact that Breaking Bad was about meth... any other drug probably would have been better, because meth is just so damn deadly to the human body.

Given that it's prescribed to 6 year olds, I believe the statement "is just so damn deadly to the human body" is not really accurate.

What should be of note, and focused on more in society, is the illicit manufacture (rather than scare tactics and buzzwords). There are no standards and regulations. Seeing that this one is made with something very close to whats used for chemical weapons, if it is not properly purified afterward, god knows what lingers in those places, and in the stuff they are giving out.

I would hazard to guess it is byproducts and leftover reagents that are causing the tissue damage, much like the "krokodil" epidemic in Russia. That and probably a strung out person doesn't have good dental hygiene. That, poor hygiene and diet. The drug inhibits the salivary glands, but so do many others, so I can't see that as a be all end all cause.

I think anyone with an introductory course at the university level in chemistry would probably think twice about street drugs. Not because "chemicals in it are poison!" but because they realize some idiot who read how to make something probably doesn't know any of the basic steps to clean up what they made.

In which case they will promptly visit their physician when looking for a drug habit, just like politicians!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

I totally agree
If I had seen this series, years ago, before "experimenting", I probably would have been scared a little straighter.
So much violence, terrifying lifestyle, as well as disgusting.

Nope. Glorification is not what the show does.
I don't see how that lifestyle would ever be cool

join