It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

another gay militant.

I haven't even hinted at being oppressed.

Read then re-read what I've written.

Think before hitting reply.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

OrphanApology
Makes the whole gay community look bad.

I don't see how. 1 bad apple DOESN'T spoil the bunch.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well although that's true right now MSM on the right side is on their witch hunt just like the left is on theirs.

Stories like these can be picked up by either side and carried to ridiculous heights.

For the idiots that watch MSM on either the left or right hand the consequences can be devastating in regard to public opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

OrphanApology
...But yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens with this story. If it is fraud it's just pathetic. Makes the whole gay community look bad.

I know what you were saying, here...but, wanted to note that - for me, if what we're being told in this thread, is true - it doesn't make the gay community look anything... Just one person doing what people do...
edit on 11/26/2013 by WanDash because: don't thread on me

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

SuperFrog
reply to post by damwel

Exactly my thoughts.... how do they know it was them??

It does sound fishy....

It goes like this...

The server made national news. There was an initial misunderstanding about the server's name. It happened on a night that they were at the restaurant. The picture of the check went viral. It matches the amount and date/timestamp on their bill. I think it's easy enough to interpret how it could only be them.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

And writing a will and dealing with those things prior to death like *gasp* thinking straight people do, is out of the question. Even straight people get robbed by the government on death benefits. Even straight people have families that fight in probate court. Fix your problems before they are a problem and stop asking the government to be your nanny.

And while we are making lists, married couples now take a hit on healthcare benefits, so think twice about what you ask for, you just may not like it. Some married couples are considering divorce over the hit on healthcare.

Why is it every thread that has the word gay in it becomes about everything gay, and not even about the article or topic? Do you even have an opinion about the article and the topic?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I agree with what you are saying and on ATS I genuinely agree that the sentiment of most of the people is rational. But for the dopes that watch MSM and receive all their opinions from those stories, things like this can turn ugly really fast on either side.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I think someone should tell this couple that they should sign and place tip on MERCHANT copy of bill, no the one they take home.

Original one, posted and showed here had 'merchant' portion.

I am sure CC company should be able to trace amount and give us final answer, but as I said originally, before this discussion changed its flow - it is fishy...
edit on 26-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Most POS systems in restaurants and bars allow for the receipt to be printed numerous times as they get destroyed by food/drink and/or inadvertently thrown away. The server or manager could have easily reprinted a blank copy of the receipt and doctored it.

I have ZERO issues with gay people at all. However, this was a terrible cry for attention and fraud on many levels. I think it's convenient that she setup a PayPal account to collect donations. Seems rather contrived to me.

ETA: I write both the tip and final amount and sign ALL copies of the bill left at my table in the event that I accidentally leave one behind. I have been burnt a couple times by a server adding their own tip to the "customer" copy and throwing the first one out. The server will be able to cash out at the end of the night no matter what copy is turned in with their credit card receipts. (I know from experience from being a bartender in the past)
edit on 11/26/2013 by freakjive because: added info

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

mikeone718
reply to post by theantediluvian

another gay militant.

I haven't even hinted at being oppressed.

Read then re-read what I've written.

Think before hitting reply.

What? I quoted everything you said in three posts. I'm not gay and I'm not a militant. You said that a "gay agenda is being forced on you." Sounds like you're feeling oppressed (by the gay agenda that you imagine is being forced on you).

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Libertygal

And writing a will and dealing with those things prior to death like *gasp* thinking straight people do, is out of the question. Even straight people get robbed by the government on death benefits. Even straight people have families that fight in probate court. Fix your problems before they are a problem and stop asking the government to be your nanny.

And while we are making lists, married couples now take a hit on healthcare benefits, so think twice about what you ask for, you just may not like it. Some married couples are considering divorce over the hit on healthcare.

Why is it every thread that has the word gay in it becomes about everything gay, and not even about the article or topic? Do you even have an opinion about the article and the topic?

So because some straight people have had problems, then all gay people should be screwed? Two wrongs make a right? The fact is state inheritance laws by in large support property going to the spouse if no will is present unless there is someone contesting it. Gay people have NO such right. Lots of people die without a will, and yes that would help, but it should not automatically go to the gay persons closest living relative, and that is the problem here. How about the credit issues?

I responded to comments made by others, and you can gripe all you want. If the mods don't want something going off topic at all then remove those inflammatory posts. But to answer you, I think this is just one more scam pulled by an unscrupulous thief who in this case appears to be gay. She can join the thousands of straight thieves who have screwed others.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

SuperFrog
reply to post by freakjive

I think someone should tell this couple that they should sign and place tip on MERCHANT copy of bill, no the one they take home.

Original one, posted and showed here had 'merchant' portion.

I am sure CC company should be able to trace amount and give us final answer, but as I said originally, before this discussion changed its flow - it is fishy...
edit on 26-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

It obviously was on the merchant copy. They presented a copy of their bank statement showing the amount, including the tip, had been deducted from their bank account.

That, in itself, makes this whole story that much more questionable. Why does no one see this?!

It had to be on the ORIGINAL merchant copy to be deducted from their account! Hence, the receipt being shown on television is FAKE.

Obviously, the couple also wrote the amount on THEIR slip for record keeping, showing they are responsible, and tracking their spending. They actually HAD the receipt from their records, showing they retained it, rather than just tossing it. If you are keeping track of your finances, this is how responsible adults behave. They keep records of their transactions.

As for the restaurant, all they are willing to present is the FAKE copy showing no tip, which the couple refute with their bank statement. The restaurant refuses to show the actual transaction made to the bank on THEIR end.

This screams SCAM.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity
reply to post by mikeone718

I have yet to hear about a gay person being told to use the straight fountains and ride on the back of the bus.

I guess Matthew Shephard doesn't count though, right?

tragic story

google the book of matt.

I originated a role in "The Laramie Project" at UNC (Colorado) a play adaptation of the story of Shephard; it was one of the most difficult roles in my acting career... I had to play one of the oppressors. Even as an actor that story was "big kid stuff" (industry term for extremely difficult emotional material) and I hated the way those words made me feel off stage after a scene.

I don't know who to believe in this story; and honestly, it doesn't really matter. Tips are tips and excuses for not tipping are as shallow as the individuals not leaving them.

If they did leave the note and no tip; it is an opportunity for an individual waitress to turn the other cheek and learn to develop compassion for those that don't understand (ignorant).

If the waitress made it up to get attention, then the family that is being falsely accused has the opportunity to understand lying to appear a victim is a normal act for an individual with a victim mentality (the only type of personality that takes this type of thing to the news channels), and so forgive her for the weakness and understand that people lie on occasion selfishly.

Good Thread as it keeps people thinking on several fronts. I've enjoyed the replies, which ever side you are on.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Stop putting words in my mouth I never said. I simply pointed out that everyone has problems because they FAIL to handle their personal business, like making a will.

Be responsible, make a will, and then you have nothing to worry about. You are coming off as being melodramatic and seriously off topic. Every thread about gay people should not be allowed to be a soapbox about gay rights, and that' s my opinion, regardless of how mods see it.

Stil going to use the thread for a soapbox? Fine, but just be aware how some people see that. It seems really opportunistic, and kind of desperate is all.

Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Helious

I don't believe that's right at all. Crap like that is what allows criminal organizations to conduct business with impunity, at unimaginable costs to families all over the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Helious

I don't believe that's right at all. Crap like that is what allows criminal organizations to conduct business with impunity, at unimaginable costs to families all over the world.

What does this have to do with any aspect of the OP?? There is an excessive growing trend of PC and pandering to minority groups. In this example it appears the whole story is made up. We can only speculate why... Although I think most of us understand why. It furthers both a public and private agenda. Some people are victims, some like to be victims and the rest of us just want to get on with our lives and do the best we can without constantly being restrained with social structures that repress the majority but only ever deal with a minuscule number of people who offend. The worst is the people who see this and manipulate things to support a preconceived view of persecution even where none exists. I guess not everyone is entitled to be the victim.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

So, is it possible that some co-workers 'took' tip, printed copy and wrote message?

Last time I worked behind bar was 20-some years, we did not have those fancy CC cards and everything was cash based...

It is indeed interesting and I really wonder how this will end and if anyone will be charged with wrongdoing.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Libertygal

Stop putting words in my mouth I never said. I simply pointed out that everyone has problems because they FAIL to handle their personal business, like making a will.

Be responsible, make a will, and then you have nothing to worry about. You are coming off as being melodramatic and seriously off topic. Every thread about gay people should not be allowed to be a soapbox about gay rights, and that' s my opinion, regardless of how mods see it.

Stil going to use the thread for a soapbox? Fine, but just be aware how some people see that. It seems really opportunistic, and kind of desperate is all.

Just my opinion.

I agree with you. It's as though if you are in a majority you have no right to complain but as soon as you can identify yourself as being in any form of a minority group suddenly every situation is about that and gives right to infer that everyone is homophobic, racist or some kind of biggot. Sometimes people can just be rude but when I have experienced that I don't instantly jump to the racist card or the homophobe card.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sometimes I admire you.

/no sarcasm/

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

mikeone718
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Not surprising considering the gay agenda we're all forced to live with these days.
That couple shouldn't bother with disputing this.

Yes..so many people wanted to turn me gay today again...I am glad I am back from the store.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join