It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies worry over "doomsday" cache stashed by ex-NSA contractor Snowden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Morning,

Apparently the the datacloud's over the various intelligence agencies are dark and the forcast is for severe thunderstorms.
Snowdon's Secret Stash has the NSA is a VERY foul mood...gee, I wonder why? A cashe of heavily encrypted, highly classified documents hang over the agencies head like the Sword of Damocles.
The good news is that three people, who are still unknown to officials, hold various passwords which will access the material in question.

NSA & the director of national intelligence refuse to comment but anything that can evoke the Doomsday situation card from the alphabet agencies gets my immediate attention.
Anyone else curious as to what he has on them?

"The worst is yet to come."

Between 50-200K documents were believed to have been liberated by Snowdon and all the stink he's caused surrounds only the 500 he has released.
Only 500!
This cache could very well mean the end for the corperate, government and intelligence espionage community as we know it but only if they ever see the light of day.

GCHQ are just one of the agencies that would take a serious hit were any of these files to be released. The names and resumes of all agency personal are known to be amongst the material.
Greenwald is quoted as saying:

"If anything happens at all to Edward Snowden, he has arranged for them to get access to the full archives," Greenwald said in a June interview with the Daily Beast website. He added: "I don't know for sure whether has more documents than the ones he has given me... I believe he does."

Of course he does.

Sources familiar with the material claim the CIA had best worry about the data Snowdon still has in his pocession...which possibly includes THEIR agents names as well. It's almost like the DaVinci Code of the intelligence community.

I await their release with baited breath but the rest of you can decide for yourselves...

www.reuters.com...

-Peace-
edit on 26-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Snowden, whos name is some what apt for the expression: Providing the cold hard slap the NSA and USA needs to take back control of its departments activity's.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Apparently the the datacloud's over the various intelligence agencies are dark and the forcast is for severe thunderstorms.
Snowdon's Secret Stash has the NSA is a VERY foul mood...gee, I wonder why? A cashe of heavily encrypted, highly classified documents hang over the agencies head like the Sword of Damocles.

Honestly, do you have to be so overly dramatic about this... if Snowden still has a stash of important secret documents he isn't going to release them any time soon because he is using them as insurance to protect his livelihood.

Personally, I highly doubt he has much more incriminating information on the U.S. and allies because he's the type of guy who says something when he learns about excessively immoral acts taking place. I don't think he would sit on information more devastating then the information he has already released. It's mainly a bluff imo, but if it works then that's all that matters.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Honestly, do you have to be so overly dramatic about this... if Snowden still has a stash of important secret documents he isn't going to release them any time soon because he is using them as insurance to protect his livelihood.

Couldn't agree more. If these exist, then it raises MAJOR questions in my mind as to just how honorable and pure his motives ever have been, too. Who holds these..and I suppose his Russian hosts were perfectly graceful when he 'declined to share', while begging for shelter to save his life. Err... Yeah, I'm sure this is all 100% safe and never compromised...if it does exist.

The thing is, as you note, it's worthless to him alive. If he uses some of what he's believed to have, especially from CIA (he'd been collecting for a long time, it seems) then it won't take an official sanction to see him killed. There are retired and active Officers alike who would risk or toss everything to kill him after that. He's supposed to have agent (NOT CIA Officer..Foreign agent) lists, safe house lists and more. Much of that would have been trashed within a week of his flipping sides on us, but not everything COULD be.

Hopefully he stops taking pot shots at the U.S. for pure amusement and actually testifies somewhere he can do some GOOD...for everyone..not simply Russian Intelligence.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
well hes such a nice guy he will never show the world. i mean he needs it now to blackmail his way to freedom.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Now this is something I don't like.

Releasing the names of agents that are undercover is Treason.

I would hope that he would not do this. Exposing programs is one thing.

Putting peoples lives at risk is another.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The exposure of individuals is the "greater goods" way of protecting itself.

Do not trust it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So Snowden still has "doomsday " info that he won't release to keep himself alive...then why do this at all ??

What he has released has done nothing to stop anyone from doing anything, the agenda keeps marching on without missing a beat.

In my opinion. Snowden is an asset leaking exactly what the controllers want him to release...again just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
edit function not working properly - will repost
edit on 26-11-2013 by TorSerfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The Guardian still has a ton of docs that they received months ago and still have not released for various reasons.

Before people start jumping on Snowden for not releasing additional docs, I think our vaunted 4th estate should be petitioned to release whatever additional docs they have as long as it doesn't compromise any individuals safety (operational intel agents either still in the field or still vulnerable).

This one continues to be a hairball, no doubt...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Re-posted - sorry about that.

grey580

Now this is something I don't like.

Releasing the names of agents that are undercover is Treason.

I would hope that he would not do this. Exposing programs is one thing.

Putting peoples lives at risk is another.

Should Edward Snowden be renditioned and tortured by the US, or If any harm should befall him, such as a drone strike, then the instructions to the three who hold the encryption keys are to release whatever documents there are - at their discretion. Otherwise ES has always held the high ground respecting issues of morality and decency. That's more than we can say for his former superiors and the so-called "commander in chief." Sounds like a sick joke to refer to BHO as a CIC.

ChaoticOrder

if Snowden still has a stash of important secret documents he isn't going to release them any time soon because he is using them as insurance to protect his livelihood.

Snowden is not trying to protect his means of securing the necessities of life, i.e., his "livelihood" - He's tying to protect his very life from being taken by a corrupt government whose intel agencies have gone rogue - no, they have gone mad.

Wrabbit2000reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Hopefully he stops taking pot shots at the U.S. for pure amusement and actually testifies somewhere he can do some GOOD...for everyone..not simply Russian Intelligence.

All well and good, and I think if all charges of "traitor" are dropped, and if he's then given the proper immunity from prosecution as a "whistle-blower" (to which he's legally entitled) he would do just that. i.e., testify on behalf of freedom for all Americans according to the Bill of Rights.

edit on 26-11-2013 by TorSerfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
He should keep the top 10% as insurance and release the remaining 90% starting now. All of it. If there are field agents running around in places they may be in danger pull them out until this mess shakes out.

Might be good to bring them all home for a while and air out the laundry so to speak. I think these spooks need to take a very long break as well as answer for the things they've done.

Snowden is a hero so stop tossing around the word "treason." Sounds like an echo of some members of congress. Now there's some treason for you.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I agree this is all planned. This guy fits the profile, just look at him, he looks like a nice guy with good morals character. People like him, he is a hero in the eyes of the sheep.

Yea right, he was placed out there in the world to release this information as certain periods of time. It will help move the agenda further while distracting others.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Riffrafter

The Guardian still has a ton of docs that they received months ago and still have not released for various reasons.

Before people start jumping on Snowden for not releasing additional docs, I think our vaunted 4th estate should be petitioned to release whatever additional docs they have as long as it doesn't compromise any individuals safety (operational intel agents either still in the field or still vulnerable).

This one continues to be a hairball, no doubt...

I would second that. It only took a few posts here to turn Snowden into something other than he is. Of course he needs some kind of safety insurance from those cretins, because that's what they are, allow them an inch, then they took the mile. Remember, it's everybody's backside they are sniffing up.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Snowden is a true patriot! He saw the US government and it's alphabet arms were committing treason against the American people and had the courage to take a stand. Very few people in this world are capable of standing up against tyranny as he did.

I hope he wins the Noble Peace prize, he deserves it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If Edward was a "True" Patriot, he would have ended this dog and pony show loooooooong ago. If he wants protection from every fricken nation minus good ol Merika, he would drop the goods already.

Instead we get a fricken soap opera, of demands, asylums and hogwash.

He is not a Patriot in the true sense, hell he may just be a double agent in Russia placed there by Merika and all these shenanighans was to get Russian information.

If you can't see this, then you don't see all the pieces that are out there, that can be played and used as polly's~ And I'd like to play the game "Clue" with you... As it was Mr. Black in the observatory with the candleobra~

Best regards,

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Having followed the Snowden incident with some interest the following can be stated:

While what Snowden was criminal in accordance to the law, the fact that he still have the information is questionable. I do not believe that the Russian government would allow for him to continue to keep such on his person, and as part of the deal to allow for him to live in Russia, would be to turn over any and all documents to them.

The problem is that while the information is damming to the USA, at the same time it is also embarrassing to other countries. The release of such could cause more problems than good, as like dominos in a line the moment that one falls.

And right now, there is a good chance that the Russian intelligence agency is looking at and seeing how bad of an effect the release of such information will affect them, what regions of the world it would destabilized. There is a good chance that it could be bad all around.

While many would think that Snowden is safe in Russia, this is quite the contrary as he is not safe there. Do not think for one moment that Russia will not use him, if need be, even turning him over to the USA if the stakes are high enough. Right now as long as Snowden remains in the news neither side can act, and ultimately will have to wait till things die down and calm down enough for anything to be done.

The only real way for the USA get out of this, and it is not something that they want to do, is to declassify the information and release it to the general public and news outlets, thus making all of the information that Snowden has totally worthless. But as they are not going to do such, the question is what exactly does this man have or had in his possession that is deemed such a threat to the USA?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I disagree. If he was a double agent, then he would have given the Russians the intel without letting the media and the American's who pay attention know what is going wrong.

I fear it is people like you who will let the once great USA become a tyrannical police state where her citizens do not question the government's actions because they do not want to disappear.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

jrod
reply to post by sulaw

I disagree. If he was a double agent, then he would have given the Russians the intel without letting the media and the American's who pay attention know what is going wrong.

I fear it is people like you who will let the once great USA become a tyrannical police state where her citizens do not question the government's actions because they do not want to disappear.

Uhmm.... How the hell do you get "how I am" from that post??? Edward Snowden revealed what most American's already knew! Big brother has always been watching, just on a bigger scale he "Some" would have anticipated. There is nothing new here. A merika double agent, as in Merica put him up to this, looking for Russian information.

As far as it goes, we don't even know what else this "patriot" has. This doesn't negate the way I feel that if he did "INFACT" have this information, he would be better flooding every fricken corner of the net with it, and sending copies to every news agency.

As far a me letting a tyranical government take over, your casting words at someone you know nothing about, nor should you make coy accusations like that. Debate with logic not with a undermining tone of how you portray a certain poster.

Lastly, Edward Snowden can be the biggest polly ever generated by the tyranical American Gov't. WE AS CITIZENS DON'T KNOW!!! Unless you know something those of us on these boards don't? In that case please share? If not, this man to me is a gimick, a shenanighan and NOT what I would dub an American Patriot.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

sulaw
this man to me is a gimick, a shenanighan and NOT what I would dub an American Patriot.

Then it's fortunate for the rest of us that history will make these distinctions and not you.

-Peace-
edit on 26-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join