It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Orchestra Made From Garbage - The Landfill Harmonic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What can humans do when they don't have "everything" at their fingertips? What can the human spirit do when the odds seem stacked against it? Maybe it can find a small piece of joy floating on notes of music played on trash?

Music crosses all languages, races, nationalities, etc. We can make music with anything and out of almost everything.

Just as these folks did.......

The Landfill Harmonic - They Send Us Garbage - We Send Them Music

All too often I find things like this make me stop for a bit and take more time to appreciate what I have and what is around me. I am guilty of forgetting how well I actually have it from time to time. I just thought I would share with y'all.

Mods - I searched for this and didn't see anything. Do your thing if it is a repost.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
WOW, that is so freaking cool!
Amazing, that from trash they create an entire orchestra of instruments and learn to play them!
Talk about making do, they make DO something extraordinary.
What great hearts these people have.
I just love them.

We shouldn't throw people away either.
THat was a great line.

Thanks reux

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
WOW, that is so freaking cool!
Amazing, that from trash they create an entire orchestra of instruments and learn to play them!
Talk about making do, they make DO something extraordinary.
What great hearts these people have.
I just love them.

We shouldn't throw people away either.
THat was a great line.

Thanks reux

You are more than welcome.
I got a little misty eyed myself watching it. The sound made my jaw drop even further! I am was/am in awe of them. Truly amazing spirit!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That is simply fantastic! I do hope they get to go on their world tour and show the world that something is out of whack everywhere.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Awesome stuff!

I would love to see how they actually put them together. I'm a musician but if I tried to make an instrument out of trash except for maybe some type of drum, i'm sure it would sound like crap haha.

It's amazing to see what people can do when they let their imagination go wild and use what is available to them. Good on them!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
That was most impressive!!! And these kids really know how to play too!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Cruff
Awesome stuff!

I would love to see how they actually put them together. I'm a musician but if I tried to make an instrument out of trash except for maybe some type of drum, i'm sure it would sound like crap haha.

It's amazing to see what people can do when they let their imagination go wild and use what is available to them. Good on them!

I would too. It is unreal, the music that was coming out of those instruments. They are very creative and talented!

Night Star
That was most impressive!!! And these kids really know how to play too!

I know! I was expecting it to sound kind of good... but it sounded awesome IMO! It's humbling.

edit on 11/21/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'd like to see this thread get more looks so I'm giving it a shameless bump.
Classical music is really the peak of Western culture and art, extremely sophisticated and technically demanding yet here is an orchestra made of some of the poorest people on the planet who have reproduced that peak of Western culture using what others have thrown away.

Which goes to show just how much more resourceful they are than us in our supposedly "advanced" cultures.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
I'd like to see this thread get more looks so I'm giving it a shameless bump.
Classical music is really the peak of Western culture and art, extremely sophisticated and technically demanding yet here is an orchestra made of some of the poorest people on the planet who have reproduced that peak of Western culture using what others have thrown away.

Which goes to show just how much more resourceful they are than us in our supposedly "advanced" cultures.

Thanks for the bump.
I think a lot of us (In the US) have lost a lot of our own resourcefulness because we don't have to use it as much as we used to. The human mind is brilliant, but if you don't use it, you lose it (what my mom used to always tell me when I was young).

top topics

join