It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Theory of Process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is a little-known theory that has made my life much more enjoyable. It was developed by the inventor of the Bell 47 Helicopter, Mr. Art Young. He passed away a few years ago, but his family keeps his Foundation going. The Foundation is very active in grantmaking still. The theory is called The Theory of Process. It has changed my life in so many ways. I used to try to maintain objects in 'perfect order', I used to get frustrated when things rusted, I always wanted to know the 'true and accepted final answer'. Now I value the process more than the object- or the answer.

I became acquainted with the theory as a helicopter pilot. Thanks to the theory I now view life as an ongoing, never-ending process, instead of a series of positive or negative events. This has given me inner peace, acceptance of others, and opened up new realms of understanding in the fields of geophysics, astrophysics, medicine, and politics. I hope you find it useful. I consider it 'Above Top Secret' because Mr. Young was instrumental in changing organizational concepts in US Army Aviation. Enjoy!

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
There is a little-known theory that has made my life much more enjoyable. ...and opened up new realms of understanding for me in the fields of geophysics, astrophysics, medicine, and politics. I hope you find it useful.

... Mr. Young was instrumental in changing organizational concepts in US Army Aviation. Enjoy!

Chakotay - thanks. I skimmed and will go back. Am always interested in integrative theories. ....all I have to offer in return is to say I've been looking at 'complex adaptive systems' for the last while. ...seems to be a scientific "quantifiable" version of Process Theory. (Maybe, maybe not, need to read more.)

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well done, Sofi. I used to ask, 'how did this mountain (object) form'. Art Young taught me to say, 'how is this mountain (process) forming'- one could even ask, 'what is this lump of hypernova stuff that aggregated, differentiated, uplifted, subducted, remelted, erupted, and eroded doing now and going to be doing for, well, forever. I encourage and applaud your work in complex adaptive systems. By seeing people as process, I have more tolerance. By observing that diversity is a product of the algorithms of process, I have found beauty that can never degenerate into boredom. Well done.

new topics

join