It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyranny at a local level: Bizarre new rules for San Bernardino County's landlords

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I did a double take while reading my local paper. The police state is advancing by leaps and bounds!

www.utsandiego.com...-copy

"LANDLORDS BALK AT DERELICT SAN BERNARDINO’S REQUIRED CLASS
....Under a 2011 ordinance, all multifamily property owners and managers must pay to attend an all-day class run by city officials who instruct them on the do’s and don’ts of property ownership. .... If owners refuse, the city fines them and puts a lien on their property. ...
Lt. Paul Williams... leads the program on behalf of the police department’s code-enforcement division. ,,,,

----------------

There is no detail on exactly what is being taught, but I suspect the police are trying to rope the landlords into being unpaid snitches and enforcers for the police state. I also suspect federal dollars are behind this outrage.
And since when is it the responsibility of the police to enforce real estate codes? Where is this going to end?

/

edit on 18-11-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Maybe part of the police state snitch machine or...

The city is bankrupt, thanks to years of overspending.. (snip) ..all multifamily property owners and managers must pay

... maybe they just want to wring more money out of the citizens.

Pathetic either way.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Who is going to want to invest in property in that county? Probably the big real estate and property management companies, who will just view this as the cost of doing business. The little guy is going to get disgusted and get out. So this is a plan to drive the mom--and--pop operators out of business and leave the field to the big corporations.

edit on 18-11-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Keep in mind, S.B. was the city that was considering taking the banks foreclosures via eminent domain and renting them themselves to prop up the bankrupt city.

Watch places like S.B. as they are just the tip of the iceberg of what's coming.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't pay a dime!

Surely, they can't legally do that, right?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This is what people in California get for living in a giant bowl of granola. What isn't fruits or nuts is flakes. But when you have that for a population what do you expect to get for officials? The apples don't fall far from the tree.

S.B. has done what it has because no one opposed it and now they complain. The same can be said for those living in the US on ATS. All you hear is complain, complain about how bad things are getting. Then they turn around and say that if it gets any worse something needs to be done. I'll give you a clue, YOU WILL DO NOTHING as the time for doing has already passed but you keep complaining and saying if it get any worse...pfffft.

The US economy is in the loo, there are more people receiving government assistance than those that do not. Several cities are bankrupt with many more teetering on the edge. The police ware black camo,combat boots, combat helmets, carry military weapons, cover their faces with black bandanas so that you do not know who they are and all you do is say if it gets any worse.

So S.B. is robbing the landlords of multifamily units via "training classes" and fines. Then if they don't take the "training classes" they use the police to enforce real estate code. What a scam!

join