It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab-Israeli Metal Bands On Tour Together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Two heavy metal bands - one Israeli, the other Palestinian - are touring Europe together to promote coexistence.

Israeli group Orphaned Land and Arab rockers Khalas are playing 18-gigs in six different countries, including the UK and Ireland.

Arab-Israeli Metal Bands On Tour Together

Being a lover of rock 'n' roll, I thought this story merited sharing and spoken in true rock fashion as one of the vocalists of the bands say:

Orphaned Land lead singer Kobi Farhi says of Palestinian guitarist Abed Hathut: "We have succeeded to grow above the conflict.

"Whether we come from an Arab, Jewish, Israeli, Muslim background, we adopted music as our religion above anything else."

Personally I believe the power of rock and roll is more real than that of any religion ever could be, it helps you through the bad times and in those good times, it can make them great times. One song I instantly thought of when reading this article was this classic

Additionally, if you're near these guys on tour, go check 'em out and give support.
edit on 16-11-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
that is the key word: coexist. We could do so much as a people, and reach the stars if we could just learn to :coexist...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I dig Orphaned Land

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUi1yf97paw‎

My guess is they will get no where near my neck of the woods

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Mine neither and it's a cryin shame! That band is just over the top good!! Thanks for the link.

On topic: Always great to watch art trump political stupidity. We as people can get along fairly easily.We can find commonalities in music, family, concepts and ideas but instead, we're herded around by the sociopaths we elect in trust to lead us.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Thanks Z......and thanks ABNARTY for bringing these bands to my attention, which have now been added to my already awesome collection of tunes.

More proof that music feeds the frequency of ones soul.

ABNARTY - that was 4 minutes of pure and total coolness.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Pretty big fan of orphaned land. S&F!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

This could be an encouraging example of coexistence, or could be that both the Arabs and the Israeli band members couldn't give a flying F about anything else except the metal.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ah, Metal...
Is there anything under the sun it can't cure? It is truly the universal language of peace, love, and hope for a better tomorrow.
Plus any thread that has a guest appearance by Motorhead in the OP needs to be on the front page. Lemmy!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
that is the key word: coexist. We could do so much as a people, and reach the stars if we could just learn to :coexist...

Coexist? Does that just mean to shut up and let the Europeans have the land that they stole from the Palestinians? Is that what "co-exist" means? It's good that they are jamming together, but why make it political, or try and shovel BS down peoples throats? Changing gears, I always wondered why the satanic metal band 'Slayer' is so big in Israel? Why not John Denver or some other peace music?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Probably because Slayer isn't satanic at all. In fact the singer is a practicing catholic.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Untied under a banner of steel!

Wonderful!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Regardless, I am at peace, I am not interested in the BS from anyone whom wants to spew it, I know my history, and care not of anyones opinion. And we are not giving the US back to the indians either. ALL I am saying is that we could do so much if people of all races and religions would treat each other as equals in all levels. We could have already colonized Mars and maybe more if we would stop killing and blowing crap up. This human species will NEVER do anything worth sh** unless we learn to coexist. Is it possible for you to understand that???

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

whether they know it or not, music is their common religion/philosophy..

and besides the awkward vagueness and rivalry that comes with supposed "genres" and "scenes", there are no natural borders in music that we don't project onto it..
the nature of music illustrates the impermanence of things and how we may experience and learn from something, but never own it..

the same goes for the land.

I say we try just leaving all of the border-lines off of all maps and let's see how easy it is to have a war when no one is sure where one country ends and the other begins..

there are no natural borders or territories..

only a landscape of potential.
edit on 17-11-2013 by HyphenSt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I love Orphaned Land.

Been listening to them since I was a teenager, I remember one of the band members was working in Tower Records (R.I.P) at a branch near my home, as they were only at their beginning and had released their first album back then I believe.

I'm glad to see this reunification, I know they are playing in Turkey with some Turkish metal bands as well. Music is definitely reuniting people, politics should really disappear from the world.

This is definitely one of my favorites songs from them:

Peace!

edit on 18-11-2013 by Shuye because: fixing video tags

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

the owlbear
Ah, Metal...
Is there anything under the sun it can't cure? It is truly the universal language of peace, love, and hope for a better tomorrow.
Plus any thread that has a guest appearance by Motorhead in the OP needs to be on the front page. Lemmy!!!

Rockheim

eternal-terror.com...

The heavy metal room:

eternal-terror.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
reply to post by Fylgje

Regardless, I am at peace, I am not interested in the BS from anyone whom wants to spew it, I know my history, and care not of anyones opinion. And we are not giving the US back to the indians either. ALL I am saying is that we could do so much if people of all races and religions would treat each other as equals in all levels. We could have already colonized Mars and maybe more if we would stop killing and blowing crap up. This human species will NEVER do anything worth sh** unless we learn to coexist. Is it possible for you to understand that???

Ah yes, the "Indian argument". I think the British done more harm to them than the settlers did. The Indians didn't own this land anyway and even if they did, they shoulda "co-existed" instead of sending out death squads to murder innocent men, women and children. But I agree with you that all people should be cool with each other, but you cannot expect the Palestinians to "co-exist" with murdering land thieves from Russia, who stole their homes and became an apartheid. You also can't tell me that you honestly believe that the invasion of America by so many foreign cultures, who many of have no respect for Americans or OUR culture, -that it isn't gonna cause problems with Americans? I wish I could live in that bubble, but I can't because I live in reality and see things for what they really are, not what I want them to be.

@the poster who said that Slayer isn't satanic: LOL(shakes head) Tom Araya can call himself "catholic" all he wants to. Read the lyrics the man writes. He's obviously, and admittedly read many a satanic bible. I'm just sayin'.

top topics

join