It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host’s Hideous and Graphic Attack on Sarah Palin Is So Over-the-Top, We Can’t Even Put It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
MSNBC Host’s Hideous and Graphic Attack on Sarah Palin Is So Over-the-Top, We Can’t Even Put It in the Headline

In an over-the-top and vile attack on Sarah Palin on Friday, MSNBC’s Martin Bashir argued that the former Alaska governor is an “outstanding candidate” to receive the same horrific “dose of discipline” that a slave endured in the 1700s.

The “discipline” included being flogged with “eating kanes” and having a slave defecate in another slave’s mouth. Bashir was responding to a slavery analogy Palin made when talking about the implications of American debt.

www.theblaze.com... line/

What a vile thing to say, and the left seem to think they have the monopoly on being moral and just? The amount of debt the US keeps on growing and growing and regardless of the rhetoric, doesn't appear to be stopping any time soon.

There will be a time when the debt collector will come a calling. May be not this year, may be not in five years - but there will be a time when the US dollar loses its reserve currency status, a time when the American dollar no longer has the luxury of being the "Petrol Dollar". What happens if the bond market falls apart, what happens when the value of the US dollar collapses.....

Yes, debt at these levels is slavery, you may not have physical chains around your neck, but none the less, you are still a slave.

edit on 16-11-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2013 by intrepid because: Fixed BB code.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Video of what was said:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A liberal media station bashing on a republican?

How am I not surprised?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am failing to understand why the mention of slavery is automatically a "black" thing. Slavery has been around throughout the history of mankind. But in this day and age if you mention it, you must be talking about fairly recent history. Who built the ancient pyramids?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

This is off-topic, but not slaves. The pyramids were of huge importance to the Egyptians, working on them would've been considered a great honour.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Palin was a victim of retaliation.

The comments towards her were not about anything she said.

Obama has been exposed big time lately.

They had to *GET* some satisfaction for the die hard supporters.

The ultra Left seems to thrive on hate and vengeance when they don't get their way.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Seems Palin left an opening an elephant could run through by bringing up the topic of slavery. It's like calling someone a Nazi, that instantly puts the ball in their court.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't really object to MSNBC attacking Republicans. As another poster mentioned, that's expected.

But what does this new level of vicious attack mean? Are our campaigns going to become more and more foul, driving out decent people who would otherwise become candidates? I remember the attacks on Palin's children who were not even in the campaign.

Here I might be biased and would appreciate others' views, but does it seem that the really disgusting attacks are coming from the left? If that's true, is it part of the "Chicago Way" of campaigning? It seems as though we will accept that kind of attack, I can't believe that Bashir will be fired.

Important thread. I was feeling halfway decent, thanks for fixing that for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

But what does this new level of vicious attack mean?

it means they're scared, they are worried that their pie in the sky, trust us we're the government and we'll take care of you message is starting to fall on deaf ears that have seen the light as to what they stand for.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Aleister

Seems Palin left an opening an elephant could run through by bringing up the topic of slavery. It's like calling someone a Nazi, that instantly puts the ball in their court.

Yes, Bashir simply just played to the emotional reaction of "slavery" and did not address the issue at all...
I could say that Bashir had is very own Darby Dose and it came out during that speech of his.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

MSNBC has to hate on something or someone.

Their little house of cards is collapsing.

I would anticipate the hate to increase.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

colddeadhands
I am failing to understand why the mention of slavery is automatically a "black" thing. Slavery has been around throughout the history of mankind. But in this day and age if you mention it, you must be talking about fairly recent history. Who built the ancient pyramids?

In America when slavery is mentioned then you mean black unless you mention the pyramids beforehand. Besides he's talking about Palin she has enough of a problem with American history Egyptian history would be a real stretch. The reporter does go a little over the top though. But he does make a point she's running her mouth about slavery when she doesn't seem to know what happens to a slave.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

xuenchen
Palin was a victim of retaliation.

The comments towards her were not about anything she said.

Obama has been exposed big time lately.

They had to *GET* some satisfaction for the die hard supporters.

The ultra Left seems to thrive on hate and vengeance when they don't get their way.

You never heard the word slavery? As soon as she said that she just asked to be attacked. Isn't her 15 minutes up yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

colddeadhands

Turns out slaves didn't actually build the pyramids. source

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What Martin Bashir said was way over the top. His self-gratifying segment served no other purpose than showing that he could construct a cruder analogy than Sarah Palin.

Pro tip for Sarah Pain:

If you feel it's necessary to preface an analogy by saying, "this isn't racist" several times ("just try it!") then maybe you should choose a better analogy stupid.

Sarah Palin was race baiting
Marin Bashir was race baiting
this thread IS race baiting
edit on 16-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

colddeadhands

To my knowledge the people who built the pyramids were not slaves, they were paid workers.

if i am mistaken someone please correct me.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm not a huge fan of Sarah Palin, and I think it's about time she bows out of the public eye. I also feel that she says things like this for that reason, it riles people up and keeps her in the limelight, if only a little while longer.

That being said it's wrong for this Bashir guy to say those things. I'm so tired of the American government obsessing with the emotional manipulation bullcrap. It's about time we get back to being a people of logic and reason, as the founding fathers were.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Everytime I see a video of Bashir he comes off as a complete douche, so no surprise here.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Isn't her 15 minutes up yet.
reply to post by buster2010

You would think after being ridiculed and embarrassed by the media and in a documentary about McCain's race for the presidency, she would have faded out and crawled under a rock and never be heard of again. I think she likes the idea of being a celebrity and being the center of attention. I just don't understand why the media continues to give her time in front of the camera. She's like "wack a mole", she keeps popping up out of her hole, lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think the host is actually on a game show..

I think its called 'How Pathetic Can You Get?'

=) MSNBC is stretching... they have nothing to report on it seems.

They could be reporting on all the corruption...and the epic fails of this administration...

...but this is MSNBC... which begs the question... who cares?

Maybe its just me- but they dont seem to represent anything of importance in this day in age.

Just a bunch of ass kissers.

This guy is talking about the lack of intelligence...but really...has he ever watched his own show before? Hes trying way to hard to make a point about something that means nothing.

D.E.S.P.E.R.A.T.I.O.N

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join