It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iphone 5s App Store and Itunes isn't working..... HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello ATS'ers

I got an Iphone 5s the other day and it has been working fine, untill yesterday when i tryed to download an app but it wouldn't prompt me to sign in to download it and when i had clicked on an update it wouldn't do anything either.

I have tryed to go to the app and itunes setting bit but that just freezes after that and doesn't do anything.

I am an Iphone virgin so i have no clue lol, so i am hoping one of you ATS'ers can help me, I would be be much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodSister

Here you go.

Backup Through iTunes

In iTunes, click on File > Devices > Back up to check the date and time of your latest backup.
Backup Through iCloud:

Enable back up on the iPhone
Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage.

Important: For a list of what is backed up in the iPhone click here

How to Transfer Purchases:

Connect your device to the computer with your USB cable.
In iTunes, click File and choose to Transfer Purchases from your device name. You can also right-click (PC Only) or Control-click (Mac only) on your device name from the iTunes source list, under the Devices category and choose Transfer purchases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restore your iPhone Using iTunes:

Connect your device to the computer.
Select your iPhone in the device list. Select the Summary tab.
Click on Restore iPhone...

Click Restore.

After the restore, your device will restart. On your device, go through the Setup Assistant..
Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Using iTunes:

Click on File > Devices > Restore from Back up.
Using iCloud:

After restoring your device, you will have to go through the Setup Assistant for the initial setup of the device. During the initial setup process, tap on Restore from iCloud Backup to restore the information from the backup file.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

iOS7 is buggy.
before doing a restore.

While you have the phone on and logged in.
Press both the home button and button on the top of the phone until the phone reboots.

After the reboot try to download again and see if it works.

I have to reboot my phone as well. it's acting flaky.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOO! It's the end of The End of the WORLD!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

One other thing to try - sometimes when there is an update to the actual iOS software, you won't be given a notification to make you aware but you will see a little red "1" on the App Store Icon (or the App Store will be funky), but when you go to see what needs updating there is nothing there. That's the telltale sign to update your software, which you do like this:

Go to Settings>General>Software Update and click "Download and Install". That updates the operating system, and you are done.

Amusingly I just went through those presses now to remind myself, and oh look, there's an iOS update waiting for me

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Always make a back up through ICloud constantly then you can easily revert back to it if problems occur...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Since i am an iOS tier1 advisor I would suggest to back up as they told you and try to reinstall via itunes. Just to be on the safe side just connect the iphone with itunes after the back up to your pc again and hold together home button and power button. keep holding them till you see the apple logo and when you do see it release the top button but keep holding the home button till you see a message on your pc screen saying an iphone has been detected in recovery mode.
Then press restore and let the device go back to its factory settings.

Check if the device is working without the back up. set it up as new. if it works fine then probably something is corrupted on your files. if it has the same issue just call apple care and tell them you restored as new so they can further assist you.

top topics

join