It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company Admits New ‘Smart’ Street Lights Can Analyze Voices, Track People

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Perhaps these street lamps are part of the same package as those new armoured "Police Vehicles" your government has invested in.

If you folk get stroppy, don't take it into the street. (And put that cat down beezzer, you'll catch something).

Loudspeakers give lamp-posts the capability for sonic weapons, lights for stroboscopic ones, with plenty of room for gas canisters in the post.
Motion sensors and night vision for curfews, face recognition for when you've "lost" your phone, contact with gps satellites and vehicle licence plate records, and access to your phone records, plastic trail and travel history. This lamp post knows what medicine you just bought at which pharmacy, and what illnesses you've told your medical insurance advisor you don't have.

Street furniture, or military installation ?
Step out of line and see.

When a lamp post tells you to go home, you'll know you'd really better go.
Within whatever time-frame you are given.
It knows where you live.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

How does this grab ya- Last week I was browsing around ATS and decided to look at my profile here. Scrolling across the icons I see an icon that says"wall profile". I do not know what a wall is, much less a profile on it. So, not ever seeing this, I said out loud-"I have a wall profile?". Then I clicked on it. Right there on the screen, just typed in, it said- I have a wall profile on ATS! I never typed anything!!! I just said it out loud. I can hear the clicks on my speakers when the goons are connecting to my computer. I thought I was just being paranoid, but now I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, heads up folks, they're probably watching us too.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Invading privacy at some level must be allowed to be able to catch criminals.

There are certainly too many criminals getting away with their crimes and the current system does not work [very well].

What or sorts of alternatives could be employed to catch criminals and terrorists?

I like my privacy too, i also like not getting robbed, stabbed, blown up or terrorized.

Fun fact: you are 8 times more likely to be killed by police than a terrorist in the USA. More police clearly isnt the answer thats been tested since 9/11.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

beezzer
Not sure how removing my privacy will protect me.

And, to add, since even the Obamacare site has been pone to hacks, what makes the government believe that systems like this aren't hackable?

edit on 12-11-2013 by beezzer because: morning

I was thinking the same thing. It would be kind of fun to insert a video of an alien walking down the street. Or feed the JFK assasination into a few select cameras. I can envision a few criminal uses as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Biigs
reply to post by beezzer

Invading privacy at some level must be allowed to be able to catch criminals.

I have to disagree. Once rights are encroached, they are rarely (if ever) returned.

There are certainly too many criminals getting away with their crimes and the current system does not work [very well].

Then change the punishment. Not the way to capture. There are so many crimes committed, because criminals aren't afraid of what happens when they get caught!

What or sorts of alternatives could be employed to catch criminals and terrorists?

Dunno, to be honest.

I like my privacy too, i also like not getting robbed, stabbed, blown up or terrorized.

Fun fact: you are 8 times more likely to be killed by police than a terrorist in the USA. More police clearly isnt the answer thats been tested since 9/11.

Not more police, but again, more punishment. My whole issue with gun control issues have been that punishment is not severe enough to deter crime.

For example; if you use a gun/weapon in the commission of a crime- death. No lengthy trials, no appeals. No BS courtroom drama.
Hang them, shoot them, gas them, lethal inject them, I care not.

Just end them.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why would increasing the punishment effect people who arnt caught for their crimes anyway?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Biigs
reply to post by beezzer

Why would increasing the punishment effect people who arnt caught for their crimes anyway?

You're working under the supposition that criminals aren't being caught, we can't have more police; ergo we need more scrutiny, more invasion of privacy.

I believe that with harsher penalties for current crimes, there can be a reduction in crime without the loss of freedoms.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Judging from the recent spate of gun massacres.. I'd say being policed is exactly what your society needs.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Biigs
reply to post by beezzer

You're right. Unless they install these things in the White House and Congress and let the people monitor them crime will continue unabated.
Carry on.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wow! just....wow. Babysitting streetlights outside, 'smart meters' on our homes, "smart refrigerators" in our homes, and now the Chinese announced last month a new and improved lightbulb! so we can all have our own nanny!!

(about the lightbulb)

A group of scientists in China have invented the world's first lightbulb that emits its own wifi signal. Researchers at Fudan University in Shanghai, have developed a prototype for the new technology, which they have aptly named Li-Fi. Experts claim the micro-chipped LED bulb works even better than the average wireless internet connection in China. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Rug Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So....in 'light' of this information (pun intended), all these advancements in technology is making being a hermit in the backwoods of nowhere a more inviting prospect as each day passes.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
reply to post by goou111

Judging from the recent spate of gun massacres.. I'd say being policed is exactly what your society needs.

Yeah, okay. Let's not get to the bottom of the problem just create a bigger police state.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by newsaddict

So,
if anything should happen to me while under this "protection" am I at liberty to sue this corporation for not providing this said security?

If anything happens to anyone, the security put in place should be held as much if not more accountable than the actual perpetrators.

Unless providing security becomes flawless over-night; you pathetic inbreds will out yourselves even moreso now.

Money
(Waters) 6:32

Money, get away.
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.
Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team.

Money, get back.
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, it's a hit.
Don't give me that do goody good bull#.
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet.

Money, it's a crime.
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away.

"HuHuh! I was in the right!"
"Yes, absolutely in the right!"
"I certainly was in the right!"
"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a
bruising!"
"Yeah!"
"Why does anyone do anything?"
"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!"
"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking
why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and
screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely.
It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out"

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
reply to post by goou111

So that's what this is about then. You want these things up in our streets.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I couldn't care, I don't live in the US.

But just like babies when they are naughty, they hate their boxes and bar's and naughty corner.
I don't expect Americans to like these security measures.. but look at your society, look what you do to each other? You need to be treated like children it seems.

How many days until your next mass murder with guns?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
reply to post by goou111

Is that you peirs morgan? Go back to the country u came from, oh i'm sorry, they don't like u either.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

typical Americans.. cant admit your society has a problem eh?
anyone with a valid opinion is mute because they don't agree with yours?
News flash, your no longer the world leaders for all things good in this world. The first part of fixing a problem is admitting you have one.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

get to your room, your grounded and tomorrow i am putting a curfew on you. Don't forget, when u go out tomorrow, take your phone with you so i can call you and see if you are naughty or nice. I want u to be where i can see u under the new street cam listening devices so i can track,see and hear u on the net.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

Then you should leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

"i also like not getting robbed, stabbed, blown up or terrorized."

that sounds very normal but how many times have any of those things happened to you under the current situation?
they sell this crap with fear of your saftey

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

But just like babies when they are naughty, they hate their boxes and bar's and naughty corner.
I don't expect Americans to like these security measures.. but look at your society, look what you do to each other? You need to be treated like children it seems.

How many days until your next mass murder with guns?

You said the whole ball of wax in that statement." I could'nt care, i don't live in the us." See, we do CARE and not just for oursleves,but others. Remember ww2. Ring a bell. We do care and that is why we question things like these devices being put on these street lights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join