It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feeling in the heart, can science explain it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Recently I was feeling a little heartache, I shan't go into the details, but this got me thinking, why am I feeling this in my heart anyway, what is the reason? Everyone has felt it and there is no question that the pain can be tracked to the physical location of the heart but why?

Science says the brain is the thinking part of the human so really the feeling should be in the head not in the heart.

Phrases like, heartache, broken heart, I'm saying this from the heart were all created because humans unanimously know this feeling can be tracked to the region of the body where the heart is located, can scientists even explain this? there is no question its a real experience!

edit on 11-11-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Endorphin release?

That would be my theory.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Endorphins make you feel good so I seriously doubt it

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Considering that the heart is a muscle that is responsible to pumping blood to various parts of the body, what you're feeling is a contraction.

Like when you kiss someone when you're like 14 and your cheeks turn red. Why do you think that is? Blood flow.

Guess why men get erections?

Blood flow.

Guess why women's various body parts change when aroused?

Blood flow.

Sexuality needs additional blood flow for the act to work correctly. It's not magic, it's anatomy.

Also: In regard to why you feel "heartache" when depressed or right after your girlfriend dumped you is the same reason you feel a heartache right after you get the # scared of out you.

Also, make sure you aren't feeling stomach upset and are attributing it to a broken heart. Anxiety and depression can cause stomach disorders that can feel like the heart when it really isn't,
edit on 11-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: s

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A trip to a tavern may help. That scientific concoction commonly referred to as booze works good for a heartache. It turns it into a headache.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I try to drown my sorrows but they learn to swim

(from a song dunno what)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Also, here's the symptoms of "anxiety"...sounds a lot like heartbreak doesn't it?

Difficulty breathing.
Pounding heart or chest pain.
Intense feeling of dread.
Sensation of choking or smothering.
Dizziness or feeling faint.
Trembling or shaking.
Sweating
Nausea or stomachache.
Tingling or numbness in the fingers and toes.
Chills or hot flashes.
A fear that you are losing control or are about to die.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Whenever I have felt "heart ache" it was never in my heart area. Usually lover down, about under where the middle of the ribcage ends. Solar plexus I think it is called? Under there.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Slightly below the heart, yep.

I have had my heart ripped out before. It is really a little lower, but most certainly hurts in more ways than one when you experience true heart break/ache....

it is a real experience for sure.

I am sure that in some ways, organs in the body hold some form of memory and feeling on an emotional level. Kind of like the heart transplant who has never drank a beer in their life and after a transplant, begins craving beer, like the person who owned the heart before did...
edit on 11-11-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I'm not buying the blood flow theory either because if that was true going to the gym and doing strenuous exercise would reproduce the same feeling and it dont, plus we can measure heart rate and blood pressure and prove those are not factors in this.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

an be tracked to the region of the body where the heart is located

bullhonky. the heart like the brain has no nerve endings and can feel nothing.
its not romantic, but its true.

my heart felt apologies ,

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Quite the opposite for me, I actually go off booze!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Going to the gym doesn't make my certain female bodily parts in the southern district change size and start hurting. You know what does?

Arousal.

You are not making the connection between mind and body in regard to how you feel. The heart along with the nervous system is directly linked to our minds. Going to the gym increases heart rate but unless it's about five minutes before an Olympic race might not have much of an effect on our nervous system, which then has an effect on our digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems.

In the case of heartbreak it is the mental aspect that makes your nerves a wreck and can make you nauseous and change your blood flow.

Also, blood pressure does too get changed by our emotions. The people who are able to beat lie detectors do so because their blood pressure doesn't change. They are able to control their emotions very well.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Posibly it is the secondary nervous system in the gut. Same thing when we get a gut instinct. Neurotransmitters galore in the stomach and its considered the second brain.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-11-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There was this experiment that was run in which the electrical activity of the heart and brain was monitored whilst the subject was asked to watch images flash up on a screen, they discovered something very interesting, the heart responded to the image before the brain and what really shocked them was that the heart actually responded before the image was shown...shows the heart is not just a pump!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Links please.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You say you've got a broken heart, aye? Well, make sure to keep drinking plenty of water. People with the blues they sing and they wail and they mope, but not many of them are drinking enough water. Helps a lot, whatever tis what ails ya.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That feeling can go both ways.
From the loss of someone to the discovery of a new one.

I can't explain it, but it is a real feeling.

I have discovered something that I did not believe in before until the last few months.
The interconnection of souls.

And science can't explain the feeling we have. They are just there.
And not even being next to that person, or even a thousand miles apart.
Some sort of unexplained energy , that pressure you feel deep inside or that tingly feeling you feel.

Sure, use the chemicals that your brain releases theory, but in my humble opinion, I think it is more than that.

Peace,
K

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by LUXUS

Also, here's the symptoms of "anxiety"...sounds a lot like heartbreak doesn't it?

Difficulty breathing.
Pounding heart or chest pain.
Intense feeling of dread.
Sensation of choking or smothering.
Dizziness or feeling faint.
Trembling or shaking.
Sweating
Nausea or stomachache.
Tingling or numbness in the fingers and toes.
Chills or hot flashes.
A fear that you are losing control or are about to die.

It's really interesting because that's exactly how I've been feeling lately. I know it's because my brother passed away last month but it's a horrible feeling. Drinking helps but I don't want to rely on it to be well... So it's really hard, I guess time is the only thing that can heal this, huh?
edit on 11-11-2013 by kromaion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

I would stop drinking and definitely don't take any medication. Mind and body need time to heal and if you drown loss in substances you won't allow the mind to scab over like it needs to.

I lost both my parents, although I haven't lost any siblings I still know the pain of death. Alcohol is the worst solution.

This is my mental/physical Jett cure.

-Exercise
-Ketogenic diet
-No alcohol
-No tobacco
-Get out of the house
-Get out of the house
-Get out of the house

top topics

<<   2 >>

join