It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOT alert warns of 'women drivers, rain, Obama care'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Now, if this isn't the most funniest thing. Poor guy got fired over this. Can't believe people have lost their sense of humor.

Raleigh, N.C. — "Women drivers, rain and Obama care" were causing problems on the beltline Wednesday afternoon, according to a traffic alert from the North Carolina Department of Transportation. "Stay home," the alert advised. Another alert warned of "bad drivers" on Lake Wheeler Road. DOT officials apologized for the alerts and said they came from an IT contractor, hired less than six months ago, who was performing routine tests on the alerts the agency generates. "The individual violated procedures by failing to turn off the external feed while testing and for the inappropriate test message content. The contractor was let go immediately for this action," DOT officials said in a statement.

www.wral.com...

edit on 8-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
That's hilarious. People need to relax.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Another whistleblower fired for telling the truth.....

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Blowback

I wouldn't go that far.

I drive fine, it's you guys who need to get off the roads.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
PC has run amok.. Someone is liable to be offended by anything and sue the company to bankruptcy, and win.
Most people are so bland now'a days..

reply to post by Blowback

Ha! Good one.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

kx12x
PC has run amok.. Someone is liable to be offended by anything and sue the company to bankruptcy, and win.
Most people are so bland now'a days..

reply to post by Blowback

Ha! Good one.

I agree... Politically Correct has gone totally and absolutely insane. One comment...just one.. and it doesn't even have to be derogatory or mean spirited ..and a career can be lost. At least, as this case shows, a contract or job can be lost.

Appeasing the PC Gods is far far more important than the damage the heartless people at DOT did to the people impacted in this. Happy Thanksgiving, eh?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
In the Philippines there are many construction signs that say strange things that you wouldn't see in the US. But a lot of countries seem to be lax like this. I feel that PC is becoming a new-age religion.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Blowback

hahahahahahaha.......

new topics

top topics

join