It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been nearly two years and UFO Magazine has published exactly one issue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Issue is in quotes. The issue wasn't exactly an issue, it was a pdf version of the magazine that was published on the website. So it was just a blog entry. This was published online in June, what is it now? November. Five months and they can't put something together. This, mind you, and the fact that they don't pay their writers. Nothing new in it either. Except poor little Nancy Birnes posts a rebuttal to the wikipedia article that completely calls her and her magazine out. She just can't figure out why subscribers are so mad at her. She only took $119 for a 24 issue subscription, pocketed the money and then sent out one single issue:

I have purchased 24 issues at USD: $119.99 and received only 1 issue since. There is no way to contact anyone: Phone is defunct ("leave message svp" and they never call back) - Email (they never get answered).

If you do NOT REFUND me what I paid for this no show magazine subscription, I will take you to court and implement IMMEDIATE ACTION to ensure that your website will be taken down as a SCAM and FRAUDULANT WEBSITE. Noting ALL the negative comments regarding this site it looks like... You take the money and run. I am a REGISTERED MCAFEE WEBSITE REVIEWER - please enjoy your review while you still can.

It's been nearly two years. And all they could do is slap together an internet published pdf... I'm going to come out and say it. The Birnes are con artists. What else would you call people that take money for a product and then don't deliver? I suppose you could just call them outright thieves. Maybe they should get rid of the magazine if they can't handle it, they can't. Sell it back to Don Ecker, or sell it to somebody else. One good thing about UFO Magazine not publishing is that the public isn't subjected to Alfred Lehmbergs odorous crazy man rants. Or Sean Casteels boring articles or for that matter the public is no longer subjected to the insufferable turd known as Jeremy Vaeni. Or those two new age people that have a column that really isn't about UFOs at all. The magazine stopped being about UFOs a long time ago, maybe that's why people stopped buying it. That and the previous;y mentioned "writers" listed here.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

I've been checking the mailbox everyday for about 720 days! So that's why I haven't got it yet. Playboy on time every month!

Perhaps all the issues were "abducted".
edit on 11/7/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sadly, all of ufology is like this right now

I think its down to very little happening, hence interest fading rapidly.

Ever since the `china` airport (was it china?) ufos which shut the airports down for hours, a couple of years back, absolutly nothing else has happened.. zero.. zilch nothing.

Yes you get the odd boring report of lights over lake eerie, you get the fake youtube cgi videos, or incredibly boring orb videos, but thats it..

Either the aliens/ ufos are savvy to the fact that everyone has cameras everywhere, and hence cloak themselves.. OR, there were none to begin with, take your pick.

And yes i know theres some great, convincing and classic cases like rendlesham, pheonix lights etc, but this is 2013 almost 2014.... and second hand reports from decades ago are hardly `the holy grail` are they!
edit on 7-11-2013 by mlifeoutthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

She should have just faked a video and put it on YouTube for the advertising money from views.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I used to be interested in UFOs back in the early days of my curiosity. I even saw the Black Triangle craft flying suspiciously in the same flight path the marines always flew..

After being in the game for years I have run out of anything to look into. All the old ufologists recycle their stuff over and over.. After you have enough experience in the arena you find most of it is BS.

Funny thing is I think I heard the owner of that magazine on some radio show about a year ago. They were talking about how they had no money for the magazine and couldn't even pay the staff. That they only kept it alive through their own money. I think they even mentioned something about only having an online version.

Comparing what they said to what your OP is about they look like liars..

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That's a shame...

Gives the rest of us in the tin foil hat tribe a bad name...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Photoshop ruined my UFO Hobby.

You can't believe anything you see.

Just takes a few.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The party is over. The investors are cutting their losses and running for the hills or re-investing in something else.

Here is what happened,

Stories are the most important thing to human-kind. You have all heard that rap from me before. if you have not, go to my intro-thread, that 'splains it.

People-ruling 101 teaches that S/he that controls the story wins. That's because people "story" themselves through their lives. People also, by their nature, want to participate in a bigger narrative with others. Those bigger stories become the mythologies and folklores that underlie the foundations of societies and cultures.

Having realized this, some clever chaps back in the late 40s decided to make a bid for wresting control of the dynamic described (loosely) above in order to improve "National Security" by lying to the Russians about a "Saucer Crash". They did not, likely, know what they were stepping in. At least I like to give them the benefit of the doubt, because if they did know what they were doing, we have the full-on Manly P. Hall Sheep vs The Evil Magician thing going on here; but we will have to fry that fish later because...

Right now our job is to break their old story. We can get to the why's and wherefore's and who-dunnit's later. Right now is the perfect time to scrap their whole tale by analysis. For instance, the 1957 Villa-Boas case from Brazil.

www.philipcoppens.com...

Read as many versions of Maury Island thru Roswell as you can, then read Phil Coppens essay linked above. It's the same operation conducted ten years later in Brazil.

I have come to the conclusion, personally and through working with others, that the narratives that are being messed with do indeed have to do with the most important questions that we have asked as human beings; where do we come from, what is our purpose, all that.

"A sucker is born every minute". " A fool and his money are soon parted". These sayings reflect a truth about human beings that has been with us forever, but it was not until the advent of Edward Bernays and his PR that those with the desire to control society saw how this could be done on a huge scale and with great efficiency. It makes one wonder at how technology seems to have developed neck and neck with with how easily we are controlled by narrative (commercials and such).

And it is a simple leap from Bernay's techniques to Maury thru Roswell* Took 'em about 25 years to get that good at it. The exact same medium (vector of narrative-infection) that was developed by Bernay's was used to host and deliver the Roswell bull#. Think it thru. There was no spaceship. The first folks to use the word "Flying Saucer" was the media, and the U.S. military. It's their word. A handy shibboleth.

We can do this. ATS, it's what we were made for. Literally, that's what we are here for; to dismantle the story. Not only that, I believe that we can wrest control of the whole ball of wax from those that created it and toss it back in their faces.

Takes a lot of reading and writing though. I have been spending time combing through RATS, for those able to access it, I would definitely recommend checking that out.

* I use "Maury thru Roswell" because it is a single narrative, not two.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You could always do a charge back.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think you should report them to the credit card company.

As an aside, I don't know much about the field of UFOlogy but I suspect like other outlier fields it comes in 'cycles' to some degree. Apparently... this is downcycle, LOL.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm no expert in ufology, but it strikes me this stuff has always been boom to bust, flap to quiet.
I really think John Keel had the right idea in Mothman Prophecies, suspecting UFOs were not physical phenomena, but otherworldy entities messing with us. someone made a good point above; we have cameras etc everywhere, so if there really were alien craft we'd have a better record. honestly, since 1946 (or so), do we have any really good hard, physical evidence? (and please let's not turn this thread into best evidence, there are other threads for that).

imho the emperor has no clothes; the metahumans (or whomever/whatever) are tired of the game. maybe they're infecting our computers now.
if my computer starts ;lfjown ofiof epnofoifan then lookout!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
For UFO's? Heck yeah there's tons of evidence. For aliens? Er, not so much. :-)

top topics

join