It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force secretary resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"WASHINGTON, Nov. 16 (Xinhuanet) -- US Air Force Secretary James G.Roche submitted his resignation Tuesday, the Pentagon announced.

Roche plans to step down on Jan. 20, 2005, or sooner if a successor is confirmed by the Senate before then, the Pentagon said in a statement.

Also on Tuesday, the Senate confirmed defense industry executive Francis J. Harvey as secretary of the Army, to replace Thomas White, who was dismissed by Rumsfeld in May 2003. Enditem"

Another resignation.

Surf

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Cheer up. The fact is that even though there have been a number of resignations recently, this is not uncommon. Clinton had seven when he was reelected.

The untold story is that the Bush Administration held on to his staff members longer than most Presidents. The average length of stay for Cabinet members is three years. Bush has done much better.

And remember that these people have worke under extraordinary pressure for the better part of four years. Many of them deserve a break.

Especially, Colin Powell and John Ashcroft, to name but two.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well, Powell always hinted that he was a one-term SoS. Sure, it was a let-down, but nobody should have been suprised by it,

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Well, Powell always hinted that he was a one-term SoS. Sure, it was a let-down, but nobody should have been suprised by it,

What about the others?

Surf

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
What about the others?

Surf

I didn't mention them. Should give you a hint as to whether I am able to give an educated opinion about them, considering I didn't even know who half of them were until they resigned

Anyway, these guys Seem to agree with Grady. Make up your own mind.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
considering I didn't even know who half of them were until they resigned

Same here, I didn't even we had a U.S. Airforce Secretary.

Surf

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Nothing like having a retired Navy captain and Northrop exec running the Air Force anyway. Probably ordered ships for the Air Force.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wonder whos out of there today???

Whats the body-count now???

new topics

top topics

join