It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meaningless It's all Meaningless

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
After hearing God, Jesus, the devil, angels and experiencing the interesting scary interactions with demons. Im confused..yet one thing my mind always comes to is the fact that what im experiencing is either all fiction, or all real, or part of both. The thought of that keeps reminding me of how in the Christian Bible the book of Eccleciastes continualy makes light of how meaningless everything is in the end. My mistakes..pointless, they're attacks and fascism..pointless..we beings of lesser intelligence are living pointless lives debating, arguing, living in contrast or correlation, some things bring moments of peace and peace can make fascist haters angry, so that brings me to think along electrical lines..

We either think hot, cold or lukewarm. Where are you thinking?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I have not a clue as to what you are asking.....so.....
edit on 11/5/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again.
That's what I think unless I don't.

link   

I've never heard God.
I've never been attacked by fascists.
I think your posts are getting a little lukewarm.

~ Wandering Scribe

link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

It's a rhetorical question, im basicly stating the obvious but expressing that the realization and reflection of this truth is hitting me hard today..that's all.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Gotcha....well don't let it get you down. There is always someone out there that will listen and listen intently. There is a reason for everyone but that reason may not be a personal reason, it could be a collective reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
A 'state' of not being, is meaningful with in the framework of your assertions.
Don't know about the demons and stuff. I believe these are all illusions.
accept oblivion my friend.
edit on 5-11-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

truthermantwo
reply to post by Vasa Croe

It's a rhetorical question, im basicly stating the obvious but expressing that the realization and reflection of this truth is hitting me hard today..that's all.

Can I have your stuff?

Even if it's all meaningless, the whole thing, do you realize how lucky we are to be here? We are all the luckiest mofo's on the planet, every one of us, because we are the egg and the sperm that made it. Out of zillions of our father's sperm, and a choice of the egg-of-the-month of our mom's, we made it! All the other guys died right there, as sperm and almost all her eggs. Ha! Chew on that with your snack.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Mython of Sisyphus may have some bearing on your dilemma.

Camus introduces his philosophy of the absurd: man's futile search for meaning, unity, and clarity in the face of an unintelligible world devoid of God and eternal truths or values.

... condemned to repeat forever thesame meaningless task of pushing a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.

"The struggle itself ... is enough to fill a man's heart.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.... "

edit on 5-11-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

rom12345

that sums up basicly how i feel. THe boulder up the mountain. Push..Push.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Meno: "And how are you going to search for [the nature of virtue] when you don't know at all what it is, Socrates? Which of all the things you don't know will you set up as target for your search? And even if you actually come across it, how will you know that it is that thing which you don't know?"

Anamnesis...

It really isn't about the destination... it's the journey that counts.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

truthermantwo

rom12345

that sums up basicly how i feel. THe boulder up the mountain. Push..Push.

You know what? You may be dehydrated. It's the cause of lots of woes and blahs (and worse). If I'm wrong, forgive my intrusion.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes, the old boulder up the hill. That has been my life for as long as I care to think back now. I know exactly what you are talking about in the OP, and yet there are things that keep me pressing on.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I have a "can i have your stuff" t shirt o7

OP - ? part of me wants to say "get some support and look after yourself", so thats what i did.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I think the point is that things won't last. It is pointless to pursue them exclusively because in the end they are meaningless. By the end I mean after we die. All the things we have accrued and hoarded here are meaningless to us at that point.

Or something like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Let me offer a something that should accompany your disposition tastefully.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

truthermantwo
After hearing God, Jesus, the devil, angels and experiencing the interesting scary interactions with demons. Im confused..yet one thing my mind always comes to is the fact that what im experiencing is either all fiction, or all real, or part of both. The thought of that keeps reminding me of how in the Christian Bible the book of Eccleciastes continualy makes light of how meaningless everything is in the end. My mistakes..pointless, they're attacks and fascism..pointless..we beings of lesser intelligence are living pointless lives debating, arguing, living in contrast or correlation, some things bring moments of peace and peace can make fascist haters angry, so that brings me to think along electrical lines..

It's just amusement really, entertainment - that's all. When it is all seen as serious there seems to be someone who wants to mend it all and make it all better.
It's just a movie, a play of light.

Life feels so much lighter when it is viewed as a movie.

Enjoy the movie no matter what is appearing on the screen - it doesn't have to have meaning.

edit on 5-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

skalla
reply to post by Aleister

I have a "can i have your stuff" t shirt o7

OP - ? part of me wants to say "get some support and look after yourself", so thats what i did.

Yeah, I love the story Ram Das tells in Be Here Now about when he met his teacher, a little old man sitting on a blanket in the middle of a field. When Ram Das, then Richard Alpert, walked up to honor him, the guy looked at him and said "Can I have your car?"

Blew Alpert's mind and he practically became Das right there and then.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Aleister because: comma

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Who is this "god"?

I was raised by humans. In my life there is no god. If I can't see it, smell it, feel it, hear it or taste it then the thing isn't real.

God is a man created scapegoat.
When man fails they say, "It was god's will". What is easier than to blame a god for your own incompetence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join