It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEALs ordered to remove ‘don’t tread on me’ Navy Jack from uniforms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

For some reason, the Navy is ordering the removal of the famous "Don’t Tread on Me" Navy Jack emblem from uniforms !!!

Apparently, the American Flag patch is the only patch allowed now.

What seems to be the problem ?

Geesh.

The Navy Jack is the ‘don’t tread on me’ flag, one that has earned a revered place in America’s naval history and a beloved place in sailor’s hearts, through its use for over two centuries. This symbol of America’s naval ferocity has spanned our country’s entire existence, flying from the masts of the Continental Navy during the war of independence, to today’s War on Terror. In fact, an amendment to the Navy code called SECNAV Instruction 10520.6 clearly states that as of 31 May 2002 all ships are to fly the flag throughout the duration of the War on Terror.

So why would ranking SEAL commanders ban the historical symbol? Is the proverbial top bass banning the flag? Is President Obama?

Jack of the United States (wiki)

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Most obvious reason is probably that "Don’t Tread on Me" is equated to the Tea Party, Libertarians, and of course Texas. All of which Obama and the lib-dems hate with a psychotic fervor.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

xuenchen
For some reason, the Navy is ordering the removal of the famous "Don’t Tread on Me" Navy Jack emblem from uniforms !!!

So if it is the navy ordering it how about showing us the official Navy statement - not a story that is carried on beforeitsnews...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Isn't that so obvious.

"Don't Tread On Me"

is associated with ATS.

"rolls eyes"

They don't want their members associated with our kind.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The flag has been associated with political groups now instead of actual revolutionary causes, I believe it is involved in some lawsuit right now, we already know that the Tea party chose to jack the flag as it's own badge of honor and defiance, well it sort of tainted the original use, because you have to think what the original meaning and message to the British was.

The British sent prisoners to the U.S. so the early Americans said why don't we send rattlesnakes to Britain, that is where the whole idea came from.

I bet the whole reason is they (U.S. Government) does not want to be involved in defending this symbol in any lawsuit that might make it's way to the supreme court, so they are pre-empting this by ordering the removal from uniforms.

edit on 2-11-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

hellobruce

xuenchen

So if it is the navy ordering it how about showing us the official Navy statement - not a story that is carried on beforeitsnews...

Believe me...

I really hope this is a false report.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
When I was in the Navy, this flag was supposed to be flown on the Oldest operational ship operating in the Navy.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The armed forces are governed by the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Maybe these seals have some sort of uniform.
Maybe this patch is not part of it.
Where is the order other than on a conspiracy site?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I suppose if this is genuine, they'll have no option but to remove the badge. Seems odd that it has been in use for centuries, was ordered to be used back in 2002, but now it's being banned.

Maybe a group of brass have a political axe to grind and are unilaterally enforcing the ban, independent of the higher Navy Command.

Orders are orders though, at least until someone of a higher rank who happens to be sympathetic to the Tea party gets wind of it and reverses the ban.

If it's true.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Oh noes! Next you'll be telling me they can't buy foreign sounding drinks and won't be allowed to wear those Bob Marley shirts.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

g146541

LINKS

Here

and here

And yet another

Oh look a fourth one

I'd carry on but you get the point.
And I'm a Brit, google. It's a marvellous thing

Cody

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

hellobruce

xuenchen

Before it's news is no longer allowed as a source on ATS but they have reported it

[url=______beforeitsnews/opinion-conservative/2013/11/navy-seals-ordered-to-remove-dont-tread-on-me-navy-jack-from-uniforms-2745378.html]Link[/ur l]

It's so not allowed the link doen't even work

Nice one mods

Cody

edit on 2/11/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

cody599

LINKS

Here
and here
And yet another
Oh look a fourth one

all those links refer back to the first one....

so does the The before its news link....

So all we have is one source.... and nothing official!
edit on 2-11-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yes, the guys are being told they cannot wear the patch on their uniform. It has been a direct order from their commander in chief-Obama . ..., the younger guys will comply, because their new...but the older guys will not. They will stick their middle finger up and say" come and try to take it off my uniform"

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Diabolical
Isn't that so obvious.

"Don't Tread On Me"

is associated with ATS.

"rolls eyes"

They don't want their members associated with our kind.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

Hahaha they'd be out there 404'ing and banhammering the enemy so bad, it'd be classed as a war crime!!

just kidding DTOM!!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Meldionne1
Yes, the guys are being told they cannot wear the patch on their uniform.

Your source for that is?

It has been a direct order from their commander in chief-Obama

Do you really think Obama would give such a order? Obama Derangement Syndrome is strong here....

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

hellobruce

Meldionne1

Your source for that is?

Do you really think Obama would give such a order? Obama Derangement Syndrome is strong here....

Yes, he gave the order. The guys are not allowed to wear the don't tread on me flag on uniform.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I really hope this isn't true...

It's beyond ridiculous.

Who cares who tries to co-opt this flag/symbol? What's next? Some terrorist group tries to use our flag (stars & stripes) and we decide to ban that too?

Way to keep morale up, guys...

edit on 11/2/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

cody599

g146541

LINKS

Here

and here

And yet another

Oh look a fourth one

And I'm a Brit, google. It's a marvellous thing

Cody

You posted a few blogs talking of this.
Let me clarify my question, "where is the official order?"
You see, we love our bureaucracy so everything has a paper trail attached to it.
And "orders" ALWAYS come with an attached document from on high with them.
Someone show me the papers, not an angry blogger please?
Google is pretty neat tho.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Meldionne1

hellobruce

Meldionne1

Your source for that is?

Yes, he gave the order. The guys are not allowed to wear the don't tread on me flag on uniform.

Please nobody is stupid enough to think Obama is making obscure uniform changes. I mean are peoples IQ really so low a to think any President sits around and makes uniform changes? This is as dumb as when people thought Obama was making the Marine Corps cap unisex. Of course it turned out the company that made the female version went out of buisness and the Uniform Boards who makes uniform decisions had to look for a new cap and of course Obama had nothing to do with it. The worst part of this entire story is it all leads back to a single blog.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join