It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris rains on Vietnam village

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I figured as much, but needed you to confirm for me
Now if China had developed (read: stolen) laser weapon tech like we have, I could see it as a possibility

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Even ground based lasers are fairly short range. You run into a lot of problems with the atmosphere, and the beam staying focused, etc. At that height and speed, you would have to stay focused for awhile, and I don't think even a ground based laser, with current technology could do it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I read that there were parts with wires in them... through that origin of the parts could be traceable, wires in aviation, military or otherwise are usually equipped with information where and when it was manufactured and what kind of wire it is and what it is used for (this is essential for maintenance)so through that it can be traced to whom the wire was sold to... if there are no markings or serials on those wires (which i think exist) then one could think that there are really "Skunk" works at play or then they were part of something that was designed to be destroyed so no need for maintenance...
edit on 11/2/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Keep in mind the US isn't the only one with an advanced UAV program. China has some pretty sophisticated aircraft in the air now as well (copies of US designs, but still).

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

redoubt

There was an ESA sat due for uncontrolled re-entery just recently...

News Link:
uk.reuters.com...

Yes that story was on AOL/Huff post a while back, especially when they acknowledged some bigger stuff would reach the surface. this is the image of the satellite, (GOCE) sorry I can't upload pictures to ATS at present, in the new ATS layout the function doesn't work in my browser,

upload.wikimedia.org...
It could be a candidate.

Full-size image here,

spaceinimages.esa.int...
edit on 2-11-2013 by smurfy because: Links.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Well that certainly would be big enough, but what really would clinch the sale of it being a satellite object to me is verification of more pictures that dont look as if the debris belongs on an aircraft

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

aboutface

Ok, so no plane, but what if it's a drone? Do those things even show up on radar? And if they do, whose was it and who might have shot it down?

Drones show up just like anything else does - or not if they are "stealth" - they are not magic.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Good morning! It seems the plot thickens...
This wasnt the first time something like this has happened in Vietnam,quite similar incident from 2008

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.phantomsandmonsters.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The piece being held by the inspector has ablation damage. What ever it was, fell from space, most likely a communications satellite, IMHO.

Kind of disturbing how much of it made it through. It certainly could have killed people.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Agent iron.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
According to this Goce satellite is still up there.
www.n2yo.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Zaphod58

Oh yeah. If they couldn't hit the -71 at Mach 3, I doubt anything could hit the -72 going faster.

Then again, the recent Russian meteorite is speculated to have been intercepted by a missile..the meteorite was supposed to be travelling at 30-40,000mph.

Mach 6 is about 10% of that speed.

That's IF a missile did actually intercept it of course.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

orrrr they could just be blowing smoke and SAYING they intercepted it, when in fact they hit a bird or something. Just saying, these are the "we're better than you in all that we do!" Russians

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I haven't seen anything that makes me think it was shot down to date. They tend to explode on their own.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

oh yeah LOL pretty much everything does

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It lookS aluminum, not billet but forged. I don't think we are seeing melted areas, rather shattered areas. I would say plane as well but there would be some sort of record of a plane that went missing unless it were flying illegally. Perhaps drug running? Will be interesting to see what comes of this. I think we can all safely say it is terrestrial.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

Definitely going terrestrial on this one, but IDK about aluminum? maybe a steel or iron? It doesnt look shiny enough to me to warrant it being alum. I'm split at this point as to if its a plane or sat though, gotta see more pictures to verify

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah, that's how forged aluminum looks, but FWTW, you really won't see large pieces of aircraft made of iron, even steel is very limited. I'd post some pictures, but with an iPad, it's way too much effort. They are bound to figure it out, I'm staying tuned into this thread for final word.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

I know the aircrafts skin obviously wouldn't be made of iron or steel, that's going to be tin or more likely alum lol... Maybe the bracings or some of the parts that are required to be sturdier would be made of a thicker type of metal like a squared steel or something though?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

There is a video link:
tv.vtc.vn...

Officials guess it might be an die-out satellite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join