It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway’s Slow TV Phenomenon (is coming to America)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ha, ha!
Now can I say I rode a train in Norway???!!!

Anything would be waaaay better than the proliferation of late night infomercials!!!!! Aaaagh!
Late night TV is declining rapidly, at least cable TV!
Even some of the news channels have succumbed to a few hours of infomercials!

I would watch a fire burning late at night in the middle of winter!
(Maybe with some crickets singing too!)
We love doing that at camp, at night, in the middle of the hot summer even.
It would be great sitting on a comfy couch, with a snowstorm howling outside!
Some quiet, soothing background music & a warm drink of your choice! Priceless!

People have forgotten how to slow down,
enjoy each other's company & just do nothing!
Like when people used to sit on their porches after supper & just TALK! And LISTEN!
No phones, no I-pads, pods....just unwinding at the end of the day!
It's a lost necessity! People are too wound up & hyper!
It's no wonder there are all kinds of modern day ailments!
You have to unwind to recharge!

Okay, maybe some people will have to learn/relearn how, & be eased into it.
How about a webcam near Area 51, or a trail cam near a suspected Bigfoot habitat???
I used to like checking the webcam of a Peregrine falcon's nest,
on the window ledge of a skyscraper, in a city somewhere.
I forgot all about that until just now! I wonder what ever happened to it?

The possibilities are endless! Limited only by someone's imagination!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Honestly, the repetition, the monotony....

Sounds like it could be a tool used to impart some fort of mind control. Perhaps with hidden messages, either in the soundtracks or in the video itself.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

SomeOneWicked

Sounds like it could be a tool used to impart some fort of mind control. Perhaps with hidden messages, either in the soundtracks or in the video itself.

Just a thought.

Ah, the first conspiracy rears it's head. I can't see Norway doing this but the CIA/NSA/ETC, yeah.

Now once they launch the first TV series in the US all they have to do is figure out a way to get someone to watch it. Might be easier just to use the UN peacekeepers on us.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We already have it here in the UK it's called "cricket" lol

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In the USA, that is called MSNBC...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Still a better show than Honey BooBoo....or any other crap reality show really. At least it would be showing something from reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
the networks will love it. the new reality tv cash cow .
slap that baby on at 7pm and play till 3am, sell about a hundred commercials.
and only have to pay out for one camera man, one sound man, one narrator, and one ol lady knitting.

start counting the bucks.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This reminds me of a film we were supposed to watch for a films class in college, I believe was called Sleep, bit I'm not sure on that. It was a 12 hour movie of a man sleeping.. Worse yet was the second half of the film was just the first 6 hours again! The ones who watched it said it was brutal.. It was supposed to be an exercise in movement (or lack thereof) where each toss and turn of the man was a focal point and thus worthy of a paragraph of notes.
edit on 2-11-2013 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernForkway26

It was a 12 hour movie of a man sleeping.. Worse yet was the second half of the film was just the first 6 hours again! The ones who watched it said it was brutal..

Sounds like they were the test audience for the real show.

reply to post by hounddoghowlie

and only have to pay out for one camera man, one sound man, one narrator

No way. in the upcoming "National Snail Races from NY to LA" I will be demanding 2 cameras. One to follow the snails and one at the finish line.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I must say, the train ride is perfectly suited for this. A wide screen tv and one can take a trip without the TSA crawling up your ass.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Bassago

SomeOneWicked

Just a thought.

Ah, the first conspiracy rears it's head. I can't see Norway doing this but the CIA/NSA/ETC, yeah.

Now once they launch the first TV series in the US all they have to do is figure out a way to get someone to watch it. Might be easier just to use the UN peacekeepers on us.

I am not 100% certain if you are either in complete agreement, or if you are calling me a "conspiracy theorist" which in and of itself would be downright funny considering where this conversation is taking place!

Now the reason why I made my statement is simple. Repetition and monotony are frequently used as part of conditioning and or brain washing as a whole. Also, a friend who is a psychiatrist once said "All you have to do is change things by 1-2 degrees to make someone truly insane, or to change their perception of reality". For instance, the term "gaslighting" was often used in old black and white films as a means of using subtle changes to effect terror or a general sense of unease. These changes were small, a shadow here, a flicker of light there. Imagine living during the age of gas lights.

I think that technique could easily translate into use with today's technologies.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'm in Norway, the majority of people who watch NRK are "old people" and kids watching a kids program "NRK Super". Plus, this is the first time I've even ever heard of it. But hey, Norwegians are into a lot of weird things...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You're surprised in a country which has a golf channel??? The most annoying channel for a stupidly boring game EVER!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Normally, I can't stand watching paint dry, but I'm getting better at it. This is likely because I'm cooking more and am presently busy watching a nice beef stew cook. It's kinda the same thing, innit?

While waiting, I'll watch a bit of Norway's scenery roll by on the vid in the OP.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SomeOneWicked

I am not 100% certain if you are either in complete agreement, or if you are calling me a "conspiracy theorist" which in and of itself would be downright funny considering where this conversation is taking place!

I was agreeing with you. Never trust the government on anything. That goes double for alphabet agencies.

reply to post by ldyserenity

You're surprised in a country which has a golf channel??? The most annoying channel for a stupidly boring game EVER!!!

True but we can blame that on the Scots. They brought it with them.

reply to post by Auricom

I'm in Norway,
But hey, Norwegians are into a lot of weird things...

Thanks for that. Really, with the pitiful state of American reality TV we need all the help we can get.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Could be a wealth of data on catching random ufo sightings...

people could take shifts watching...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join