It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Only 23% NY Doctors Say They'll Accept ObamaCare Patients

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

ShadeWolf

Metallicus
reply to post by xuenchen

Don't worry about them not accepting Obamacare policies.

Soon there will be an executive order forcing them.

Exactly as there should be! There should be no way for a doctor to refuse a patient over insurance or other monetary concerns.

Wait, you do know that these are private practices?????

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

xuenchen

ETA:
Lower premiums, narrower networks

You are aware that is how ALL Policies have worked since the invention of Insurance??
edit on 4-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

carewemust

ShadeWolf

Metallicus
reply to post by xuenchen

Don't worry about them not accepting Obamacare policies.

Soon there will be an executive order forcing them.

Exactly as there should be! There should be no way for a doctor to refuse a patient over insurance or other monetary concerns.

I don't know about Doctors, but Hospitals can't refuse anyone now. You're not treated for your condition extensively if you can't pay, but you're not turned away.

Many of those who are uninsured understand this law and will continue to use it to their advantage. They will not pay for health insurance, and they will not pay the 1% "Individual Mandate" penalty either. It's too bad the Obama Administration is so naïve on this subject.
cwm

well i don't know about you, but one thing politicians are not is naive or stupid, those who listen\vote for them, well you get the idea.

what i'm wondering is what comes next............... it's been a plan from the start because our elected 535 in d.c. don't do a damn thing without a plan, although they love having naive citizens thinking so. so everyone is supposed to believe these parasites got to where they are by being stupid or un prepared? hell no they aren't either, that's how they steal the big bucks and run everyone's lives, by being smart and deceitful.

if you subscribe to my theory above, what comes next, i don't know, but we the people better damn well have a plan. i think what we're going to see is almost complete collapse of the health system and i'll explain why i feel that way.

you have 330 million people here who all require health care at some point. you have 40-50 million loosing their insurance many of which will not be capable of affording the alternative ACA care. you have a very large percentage of hospitals already on the brink of solvency, now having to accept millions more, who cannot pay.

what do you all feel will become of our care facilities that go bankrupt from this, bailouts perhaps? what will the lairs in d.c. do when they realize no one want's or can afford their scam of a plan, force of some kind i would imagine, in areas we don't need any more force in, liberties.

i really do feel they are attempting to undermine our country, there can be no other reasoning behind, intelligent, well paid people instigating such a fiasco, occams razor anyone?

i truly do feel we are on the precipice of a large down hill slope in our current history, here in America and abroad as well and i do not feel it is by accident.

anyone else have any theories as to what comes next because we all know it won't work out, we want it to, but we know it cannot in it's current practice.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Actually the burden of all those that will fall under the Medicaid expansion will bankrupt some of the hospitals as they will be getting that group more than private practices.

One of the problems with the ACA is that has done nothing to fix the cost of medicine in the country, just that people will have to get insurance by a death line or face penalties and that nobody can be denied insurance.

The cost of medicine will keep increasing and what the government will pay under Medicaid will not change, that is one of the reason private practices will not take Medicaid patients because is not money to be made.

America is a nation of for profits, nobody is going to work for free to become bankrupted, that is a fact.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

damwel
You want to explain how a doctor would know your insurance came from the ACA? This is another lie. The insurance you get comes from UHC or Aetna or Anthem, etc. they have no way of knowing how you purchased the policy or if you got govt subsidies to purchase it. It will be a good day when you all fade back into the woodwork when this thing becomes a huge success.

My Doctor refuses MediCare and MedicAid because the govt never pays in a timely manner. He's also thinking about refusing Tri-Care as well. It's his call because it's his business. So, I'm looking for a new Dr.

The only woodwork that we'll be fading behind is walls and trees when the rioting starts because of this fiasco. This is just another straw on the camels back. It going to break eventually.

The math just doesn't add up. It's doomed to fail. To paraphrase, if the Government built it...It'll fail.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Actually the burden of all those that will fall under the Medicaid expansion will bankrupt some of the hospitals as they will be getting that group more than private practices.

One of the problems with the ACA is that has done nothing to fix the cost of medicine in the country, just that people will have to get insurance by a death line or face penalties and that nobody can be denied insurance.

The cost of medicine will keep increasing and what the government will pay under Medicaid will not change, that is one of the reason private practices will not take Medicaid patients because is not money to be made.

America is a nation of for profits, nobody is going to work for free to become bankrupted, that is a fact.

actually i don't they all will fall under the guise of M&M since only individuals in states that have set up fed systems can fall back on that, but i get your theory and i believe it is a good one. they never set out to fix anything, that's painfully obvious so what did they set out to do, that's the big question.....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

TDawgRex

damwel
You want to explain how a doctor would know your insurance came from the ACA? This is another lie. The insurance you get comes from UHC or Aetna or Anthem, etc. they have no way of knowing how you purchased the policy or if you got govt subsidies to purchase it. It will be a good day when you all fade back into the woodwork when this thing becomes a huge success.

My Doctor refuses MediCare and MedicAid because the govt never pays in a timely manner. He's also thinking about refusing Tri-Care as well. It's his call because it's his business. So, I'm looking for a new Dr.

The only woodwork that we'll be fading behind is walls and trees when the rioting starts because of this fiasco. This is just another straw on the camels back. It going to break eventually.

The math just doesn't add up. It's doomed to fail. To paraphrase, if the Government built it...It'll fail.

i believe also it will be the proverbial straw Tdawg and as much as i want to, i cannot convince myself it's by accident.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join