It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Incident Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Correct. If the magazine, too isn't limited to 10 rounds, it would also be not in compliance. I can only assume that due to the one free round sitting by the magazine, that this gun was equipped with the "bullet button".

Either way, as it sits right there, flash hider and pistol grip, that gun is illegal in the state of California.

Odd what makes a gun Illegal vs Legal over there, eh?
edit on 2-11-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Galvatron

Correct. If the magazine, too isn't limited to 10 rounds, it would also be not in compliance. I can only assume that due to the one free round sitting by the magazine, that this gun was equipped with the "bullet button".

Either way, as it sits right there, flash hider and pistol grip, that gun is illegal in the state of California.

Odd what makes a gun Illegal vs Legal over there, eh?
edit on 2-11-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

maybe, just maybe...you don't need a flash hider and pistol grip to target practice and/or hunt for game...you need a flash hider and pistol grip if you are going to go human hunting.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Depends. A detachable magazine is one feature. A pistol grip is another. So if you want a detachable magazine you cant have a pistol grip.

This rifle has a pistol grip, that's one feature, so it can't also have a detachable magazine. Having a detachable magazine pretty much means you cant have anything else.

Not having a detachable magazine means you can have a pistol grip if you want.

Just because this magazine in the picture is loose from the rifle doesnt mean it is a detachable magazine. It could have been removed with a tool. Also, just because the magazine looks like a 30 rounder doesnt mean it wasnt pinned to only accept 10.

So CA legal with a pistol grip means magazine has to be "fixed" or removed with a "tool" only.
Without a pistol grip it can have a standard detachable magazine.

Magazine cap of 10 rounds applies to rifles with features (pistol grip, detachable magazine, etc...) if the rifle has no "assault weapon" features it can have a 30 round magazine. To legally own a 30 round magazine in CA it has to be "pre-ban" but a loophole with selling mags as parts as opposed to a complete magazine mostly negates any pre-ban concerns.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So much for the TSA??? Meaning what? It's not like they are ARMED!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's a generalization, and not an accurate one. Pistol grips and flash hiders have very very very little to do with the capability of a firearm. Pistol grips make the gun more comfortable for some people, less for others. Some people have preference for classic looking firearms, some have preference for cutting edge. Read any firearm enthusiast forum and you'll see a fairly well balanced mix of tastes. Flash hiders don't eliminate flash, but only reduce it.

... "you need a flash hider and pistol grip if you are going to go human hunting"... really?, c'mon, really? Need? Define that need.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

California gun laws sound too complicated and make no sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to explain how messed up it is. My latest theory on this event is this. Suppose the L.A. police went to do a welfare check on the "suicidal" Paul Anthony Ciancia Friday morning, and he had already killed himself? Suppose that he lived alone and DIDN'T have 2 room-mates that said he was fine on Thursday. Not wanting to waste a dead "loner" they set forth on their preplanned HSEEP drill/exercise now that they had a "shooter". “You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.” - former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. Any shooting at the airport could have been done by those WMD-CST members who always seem to be around these "events". TSA employees were easily coerced in their roles as victim/actors.

Look at these clowns mugging for the camera. Definitely an exercise!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Cannot buy that there was one shooter...

The first eyewitness accounts described him as

"Eyewitness accts are placing one as a white guy in his 20's with blond hair. There is no description on the other in custody. Seems from the eyewitness accts he was able to shoot himself past TSA and then was going to the airside. Good thing this was stopped or it could, again, have been much worse. "

This came out very early. I heard it from an eyewitness acct. Now, the person in custody has dark hair much like the photo I posted of a dark haired young man in cuffs.

The eyewitness says he saw a man with blond hair, plain clothes and a gun over his shoulder walking very slowly and looking comfortable. Drugged?

There have also been reports he was dressed as a TSA agent as well as him being a ticketed passenger. Why would he be a ticketed passenger if he was just going to walk in and fire? Why would have to start shooting early if dressed as TSA as described?

However, as always, all news stories lead with 'assault rifle'. Carrying a note would mean he was truly suicidal so why did he not kill himself if he had multiple weapons. This one is not adding up.

If he was dressed as TSA and hated the TSA why would he walk through and ask if people were TSA?

This quote is the most out of place...

An eyewitness, Leon Saryan, told ABC News Radio that a "fairly young" gunman with a rifle came down a corridor in Terminal 3 and shot perhaps 20 times.

A TSA officer holding Saryan's shoes was shot and wounded, he told ABC.

Saryan said the gunman asked him, "Are you TSA?"

"He saw me. He looked at me with a quizzical look and said, 'TSA?' And I just shook my head. So he moved on," Saryan said.

The man holding shoes was shot and then the gunman took the time to ask the person the TSA was working on if he was TSA?

It is also out of the media way to quick. This is a shooting at a major metro airport. Are we that complacent or is it the old out of sight out of mind?

Travel season coming up and this would be bad for airlines..

edit on 11am30amfu2013-11-02T10:52:08-05:001008 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

matafuchs
Cannot buy that there was one shooter...

The first eyewitness accounts described him as

"Eyewitness accts are placing one as a white guy in his 20's with blond hair. There is no description on the other in custody. Seems from the eyewitness accts he was able to shoot himself past TSA and then was going to the airside. Good thing this was stopped or it could, again, have been much worse. "

This came out very early. I heard it from an eyewitness acct. Now, the person in custody has dark hair much like the photo I posted of a dark haired young man in cuffs.

The eyewitness says he saw a man with blond hair, plain clothes and a gun over his shoulder walking very slowly and looking comfortable. Drugged?

There have also been reports he was dressed as a TSA agent as well as him being a ticketed passenger. Why would he be a ticketed passenger if he was just going to walk in and fire? Why would have to start shooting early if dressed as TSA as described?

However, as always, all news stories lead with 'assault rifle'. Carrying a note would mean he was truly suicidal so why did he not kill himself if he had multiple weapons. This one is not adding up.

If he was dressed as TSA and hated the TSA why would he walk through and ask if people were TSA?

This quote is the most out of place...

An eyewitness, Leon Saryan, told ABC News Radio that a "fairly young" gunman with a rifle came down a corridor in Terminal 3 and shot perhaps 20 times.

A TSA officer holding Saryan's shoes was shot and wounded, he told ABC.

Saryan said the gunman asked him, "Are you TSA?"

"He saw me. He looked at me with a quizzical look and said, 'TSA?' And I just shook my head. So he moved on," Saryan said.

The man holding shoes was shot and then the gunman took the time to ask the person the TSA was working on if he was TSA?

It is also out of the media way to quick. This is a shooting at a major metro airport. Are we that complacent or is it the old out of sight out of mind?

Travel season coming up and this would be bad for airlines..

edit on 11am30amfu2013-11-02T10:52:08-05:001008 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

I think the following photos show the real gunman/officer/CST agent being led away in handcuffs, never to be seen or spoken of again. He matches the description of tall, thin build, blond hair, and plain clothes. Meanwhile the fall guy, Paul Anthony Ciancia was already dead of a self inflicted gunshot, or shots from police at his apartment.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
One common trait. All the shooters were bullied.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Mikeultra
Meanwhile the fall guy, Paul Anthony Ciancia was already dead of a self inflicted gunshot, or shots from police at his apartment.

Last I heard, Paul Anthony Ciancia was alive.
He was shot in front of a Burger King inside the airport, but he's alive.
Would someone like to clarify this please.

edit on 11/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

From what I have read he is alive also.

Ciancia, who was shot four times by police, remained hospitalized Saturday, but there was no word on his condition. He was wounded in the mouth and the leg, authorities said.

Here is video of 'another' person being detained which is the person in the pics.

Link

Who is he?

Here are some more eyewitness accts...

Link

All black....not a TSA uniform as reported.

Luke Love, a witness in Terminal 3, said he heard two loud bangs while he was taking his shoes off at security and saw a gunman dressed in all black walking up stairs with what Love described as an assault rifle.

Love, his mother and 10 other people were corralled into a room with the lights off and a copy machine blocking the door when he heard more shots, Love said
Read more at www.liveleak.com...

The text message also said 'taking his own life'. With all of that ammo I would have thought he would be dead from a self inflicted if he was as off balanced as described.

Then, we have this Fed request for a TSA firing range in July...

Link

edit on 11pm30pmfu2013-11-02T15:03:51-05:000351 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have not read all of the posts in this thread yet but I wanted to say that this incident is hitting way too close to home for me.

This kid used to work with me. I was hesitant to post anything about it but I feel the need to say that this is, was, a regular kid. Went to MMI and started at my work straight out of school as a techinician. He seemed completely regular by all accounts. Nothing strange, no conspiracy or NWO speak, no gun talk. Didn't even own a gun to our knowledge. He worked for us until a little over a year ago.

I find this so bizarre. I am in shock to say the least.

What could have happend in the last year? I am trying to read more accounts on this now to piece it all together and will go back and read all of the posts in this thread.

Sorry if I seem to be a little vauge. I am still a bit nervous even posting about this. We have already been contacted (via phone and in person) about him.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

harlot7
This kid used to work with me. I was hesitant to post anything about it but I feel the need to say that this is, was, a regular kid. Went to MMI and started at my work straight out of school as a techinician. He seemed completely regular by all accounts. Nothing strange, no conspiracy or NWO speak, no gun talk. Didn't even own a gun to our knowledge. He worked for us until a little over a year ago.

Where was this 'work'--in Jersey or California? What's MMI?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

My work is right near the state line of New Jersey, which is where Pennsville (his hometown) is located.

MMI = Motorcycle Mechanics Institute.

I am in shock about this. I am actually a little leery about saying all of it or anything at all. I just want people to know, he was not a CIA agent or anything like that.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Thanks for the links!
From the ABC video on Live Leak I heard the witness state the following;

"...everybody appeared to be in plain clothes..."

"...we couldn't tell if they were plain clothed police officers or plain clothed terrorists..."

"...everybody firing guns were plain clothed..."

Very interesting! She couldn't tell the difference between the police and the terrorists! I know exactly how she feels. The link for this witness. www.liveleak.com...

Equally interesting is that the TSA is looking to build a firing range for their slugs at Laguardia Airport in N.Y. So this stunt yesterday was to legitimize their inept blue shirt goons being armed and dangerous. Glad I don't fly!
www.fbo.gov...

What a coincidence, the "shooter" is now being reported as taking a shot to the mouth! Where have I heard that before? It was in the same place as that Brooklyn WMD-CST unit saved themselves from the budget ax. History does repeat itself over and over.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

harlot7
My work is right near the state line of New Jersey, which is where Pennsville (his hometown) is located.

Thank you for responding. A couple of more questions, briefly:

Do you know if he had any military experience?

Could Ciancia be described as dressing like a 'goth?'

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

harlot7
I have not read all of the posts in this thread yet but I wanted to say that this incident is hitting way too close to home for me.

I find this so bizarre. I am in shock to say the least.

What could have happend in the last year? I am trying to read more accounts on this now to piece it all together and will go back and read all of the posts in this thread.

Sorry if I seem to be a little vauge. I am still a bit nervous even posting about this. We have already been contacted (via phone and in person) about him.

I don't even know him and I don't believe the official BS story! Always question authority! This is just a false event reported as real by the corrupt anti-gun propaganda media. A diversion for the administration.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Absolutely not to both questions.

If this wasn't such a serious topic I would have laughed at your questions because he couldn't be further from either. We called the poor kid "Peeps" after the marshmallow candies, because he was little and soft spoken. He couldn’t even handle the larger bikes because he didn't have the strength or coordination.

After reading back through this thread, the conflicting eye witness accounts are bothersome to me. Also, the notes he was carrying about TSA and Kill Pigs and what not.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Has anyone seen or does anyone know if there is video, footage or stills showing Paul at the airport?

I have seen shots of the gun on the ground and videos of people running from the scene but nothing with police apprehending him or even footage of him in the airport.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Curious now. Why the goth question? Seems odd. Was that reported somewhere?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join