It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vetting" of a politician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think we need to start "vetting" our future leaders.

We need to first spay or neuter.
Then give a flea dip.
Deworm them.
De-claw (always an option)
Shots.
Shock collars when they "bark" too loudly or too often.
Put them in tiny cages until someone can take responsibility for them.
Rub their noses in "it" when they make a mess.
The bury them in a wee shoebox after they have passed on.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

beezzer
I think we need to start "vetting" our future leaders.

We need to first spay or neuter.
Then give a flea dip.
Deworm them.
De-claw (always an option)
Shots.
Shock collars when they "bark" too loudly or too often.
Put them in tiny cages until someone can take responsibility for them.
Rub their noses in "it" when they make a mess.
The bury them in a wee shoebox after they have passed on.

i think we need to get rid of them and use a direct democracy via network instead.
even the best of them, get in and find its easier to take cash and do what they want ....

its a global epidemic.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The party system is outdated. It should be the best candidate. No outside funding (I'm looking at you corporations). Everyone that runs for the job must be funded by the public and ALL money must be accounted for or you are automatically disqualified.

Also, no limit on length of office. You do a good job, you get voted in again. At any time people can vote to remove someone from office.

I believe that would keep them from lying and from putting other countries and corporations ahead of the public that they "represent". Leaders should start leading!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

i think that letting other people be responsible for us is just folly.
we have tried that for thousands of years and it only ever ends badly.

for the first time in human history (modern accepted history not .. ahem.. alternate) the human race is the most interconnected its ever been.
you could essentially remove all politicians, set up a secured intranet for direct access to issues
have only a "service provider" managing the budgets applied to the services.
instantly all the money that goes on politicians, is saved by the public!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I don't know how that would work...

I still think that VERY STRICT representation would work...as long as all the checks and balances were there.

It took less than 200 years for the US constitution to be shredded, only because the public has very poor knowledge of the past.

If they made sure everyone knew the US (just using it as an example) history, as well as they know the layout of their house, I don't believe for a minute it would happen again.

USA 2.0 anyone?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
In a democracy we vote. It should not need saying, but it needs to be an informed vote! We cannot do this because the cretins lie to us.

First rule for Politicians and multinational Corporations.

Lying to the public is a crime against the fabric of Democracy. 20 Years in jail or lethal injection!
Taking bribes 20 years in jail.

There must be a separation between Politicians and big business. Big business should never have had the protection of the Constitution, they are not people they are bureaucratic structures. As for all those people making money influencing politicians, 20 years in jail. It is not on. They only ones allowed to influence a Politician is we the people.

You need an amendment to the constitution to control the greed at these levels.

P

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
the thing is, we have tried all of this.
jekyll island proves it doesn't matter what you legislate with constitutional measure, if an interested party gets a "friend" into the system its "game over"

the only way to be sure, is to redesign the whole system from the ground up.

now im not saying this is the whole answer, but its a great framework to go from.
without individuals accumulating power through "representing you" they cant make changes to your life.

im not american, this same shell game is played through all "western" democracies.

if we try to modify the system they already know how to game, they will just do it again.
i think starting again is the best option. before they make it worse.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hey Beez...,
I definately feel your frustration and agree wholeheartedly!!

With that being said, I wish there was a 'one stop shop' type website where I could go to 'research' any political candidate running for office. From local on up to presidential. Who supports them, who is the main contributers$$, what is the voting record and/or where do they stand on issues, all the groups they support, etc. [I think you get the idea]

Seriously, I think the only reason why we haven't seen something like that developed and implemented yet is because there is too may politicians who have too much to hide and too many special interests to hide.

At first your post made me laugh, but then i got to thinking..

I don't want to move to Canada [visit maybe ] and I am soo not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Just because a bunch of high rolling financiers pulled their money out of a movement doesn't mean the sentiment of the movement left.
There is still hope Beez.

edit on 1-11-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join