It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Arms Inspectors Say Syria Has Destroyed All Declared Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

LONDON — The international chemical weapons watchdog said on Thursday that Syria had met an important deadline for the “functional destruction” of all the chemical weapons production and mixing facilities it declared to inspectors, rendering them inoperable, under a deal brokered by Russia and the United States.

Syria's plants are all dismantled so no new chemical weapons can be made. Next up on their to-do list is to destroy their chemical weapons which will probably be accomplished next year. Syria is doing what it can to keep the West out of it, well as best they can because you can't keep out the CIA & other intelligence agencies.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I saw this on the Google news feed earlier… First thing I thought to myself was, "you mean you can get someone to dismantle WMDs without invading their country?"

I was shocked.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Funny, I didn't remember Saddam getting a choice? Besides, can you really destroy what you do not have?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Seems things were handled in a mature manor. Good to see...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

SpaDe_
reply to post by boncho

Funny, I didn't remember Saddam getting a choice? Besides, can you really destroy what you do not have?

Well… made up intelligence suggested that he shipped it all to Syria. Which would be ironic if Syria is actually dismantling their chemical weapons through political pressure.

Even if this were the whole story, then people might say the chicken or the egg. "Did they simply because they saw what happened to Iraq?" Yadda yadda…

As far as the "official" story goes in the ME, the last administration destroyed any credibility of any western produced intelligence when the redaction papers came to light. Or for the perceptive, anyone who watched the daily briefings leading up to the war. Never has there been such arbitrary arguments for war.

I think the main reason Saddam was unwilling to listen to pressure under the threat of attack is because he was put there in place by the West. Maybe it's overreaching, but it seems to be a reoccurring event with dictators the intelligence community pushes into power in other states.

In any case, another episode of days of our sand in the ME.

edit on 31-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

ALL THE ONES THEY THEMSELVES DECLARED, snicker

top topics

join