It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Ammunition Contract - UPDATE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Anyone remember this:

On the 18th of December, 2012 I wrote a story about how the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) had requested, through the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), an order for 200,000 rounds of 180 Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point Ammunition. Despite the fact that FLETC orders more ammunition that a human could possible expend in a lifetime.

And to be quite frank, these solicitations are very tiresome because we ask questions and no one seems to have any answers.

But once in a while you just fall onto a nugget that makes this task seem less Sisyphean and more of a worthy calling.

In reviewing the award granted to the “winner” of this contract, I see that the American Taxpayer is again, the loser. We’ll add up the tally later.

The winner of this contract is Evian Group, Inc. located at 105 South Eastern Ave, Las Vegas Nevada.

Well, congratulations Evian Group; you’ve shown the Federal Government what it means to be naïve.

Well it turns out that one of the principles of "The Evian Group" Larayne Whitehead was recently busted for fraud.

Greenbelt, Maryland – Larayne Whitehead, age 34, of Clinton, Maryland, pleaded guilty today to conspiring to commit wire fraud in connection with a scheme to defraud businesses which supplied goods under government contracts.

The guilty plea was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein and Special Agent in Charge Stephen E. Vogt of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

According to her plea agreement, from December 2007 to May 2013, Whitehead and her co-conspirators used at least 15 businesses in Maryland, Delaware, Georgia, Nevada, North Carolina and Tennessee which they incorporated to bid on contracts to provide goods – such as books, snowmobiles, plants and paint – to federal, state and local government agencies.

The whole DHS thing popped into my head the other day and I though I look it up again to see if anything new was happening.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'd have to say, this is Quite interesting......Hmmmmmm, Makes me wonder a few things, I will ponder, and be back to throw a few things out there for ATS to chew on.

join