It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive To End False Racism Charges - Libel -Slander - Censorship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It annoys me to no end to see people being accused of racism where none exists. Now this thread is not about whether a person is racist or not, so don't go there. And the primary reason for these accusations of racism is to squash freedom of speech and expression, which is a violation of our constitutional rights. It is also damaging to the individual to be accused of such a thing in public, thus the libel and slander charges. So I feel that Americans should make a stand against these false and libelous statements, and put an end to them once and for all.

How you may ask? By using our courts to bring charges of libel, slander, and political censorship. Or at the very least turning around and telling the person that if they repeat the offense that they will be sued. It is only my intention to stop this atrocity, and not bog down the courts. And I would hope the threat of lawsuit would stop many of these people in their tracks.

We do have protections against these false charges! And we don't have to sit back and take it!

Here is a perfect example of a case where I should have stood up for my rights.

Prior to Oct 1st, and at work, me and an African American friend were talking about how Obamacare would have a bad impact on health insurance benefits. Another African American woman who overheard our conversation, walked up and screamed in our faces, "that is racist so shut up about the subject". Me and the other woman's jaws dropped and we shut up to keep the peace.

So not only did this woman embarrass me in public, I feel that I can no longer discuss the subject in public because I am white. So yes, I was publicly ridiculed and slandered, just for talking about health insurance. And my speech is being censored by this false accusation. So if she ever does this again, I will stand my ground.

For the irony in this, the woman falsely claiming racism now hates Obamacare with a passion since it has severely affected her own health insurance at work. And this workplace bully will no longer allow anyone around her to even talk about health insurance now in general since she is soo upset about the issue. Yes it hit her pocketbook and hard, the very thing we were originally discussing before her outburst.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Some one pulls a stunt like that on me and they'll get it right back. I would have called her a racist nazi who is promoting workplace bullying and creating a hostile work enviroment and that she should mind her own business and get back to work.

By being non confrontational, you are encouraging this womans ignorance.
edit on 31-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a edit

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This thread is obviously racist. May I offer you a brown paper bag filled with citizens? No, well let me just tell you, racism now means not agreeing with fascist liberal agenda.

Don't want your children exposed to gay boys in the scouts? Your a racist

Don't want to embrace millions of illegal immigrants being given a golden pass? Your a racist

Don't agree with the Obama administrations fascist agendas? Your a racist

Think Trayvon wasn't just headed to the store for skittles and T? Your a racist

Say brown bag or citizen? Your a racist

Don't think the welfare state that the liberals are promoting is sustainable? Your a racist

Don't like the ACA? Obviously a racist

blah blah blah
edit on 31-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"False Racism" is not going to go away as long as there are actual racists spewing hatred everyday...

edit:then again..

..since you are really anti-obama on these forums, i'm not sure how you act in the real world... probably like someone looking for a debate?
edit on 10/31/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by elouina

Some one pulls a stunt like that on me and they'll get it right back. I would have called her a racist nazi who is promoting workplace bullying and that she should mind her own business and get back to work.

By being non confrontational, you are encouraging this womans ignorance.

You are 100% correct. I allowed myself to be bullied, thus maybe why it still bothers me. She is a bitter old woman. I am a peaceful easy going person that is just passionate about protecting what is grand in America. (And our pocketbooks) And actually a third African American, a very good friend of mine, called her out as a workplace bully, and very loudly at that. LOL....

edit on 31-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

What a sad little world you live in. It must be awful to have your brain turned to mush.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Jefferton
reply to post by Helious

What a sad little world you live in. It must be awful to have your brain turned to mush.

It is a sad little world I live in, it's the island world of common sense and it's surrounded by a huge ocean of ignorance. Can you save me Jefferton? Do you have a dingy?

Don't agree with Jefferton? Your a racist
edit on 31-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

luciddream
"False Racism" is not going to go away as long as there are actual racists spewing hatred everyday...

edit:then again..

..since you are really anti-obama on these forums, i'm not sure how you act in the real world... probably like someone looking for a debate?
edit on 10/31/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

If any of us see actual racism, then I say call it for what it is. If I would see children picking on someone because of their skin color, I would be on the phone with their parents. As far as adult racism, I never have seen such a thing besides on TV, online, or in the news.

Now I have seen reverse racism at work though. Here is an example, an African American man abandoned a critical hospital emergency service to go to the post office. He staffed that area by himself and was the only person in the hospital qualified to do this job. A person could have died while he was gone if an emergency came up. He was not fired for this. GASP! My goodness!

You can't go around accusing people with 100% baseless accusations. Yes I absolutely abhor a president who happens to be black. The skin color is totally non relevant, I dislike his attitude and his policies.

I rarely even discuss politics in public, and mostly save it for online. I would have to say maybe 3-5 minutes a week or 2? Is this a lot? I don't know... But does it really matter? I have a right to discuss politics with my friends. And believe it or not, me and my husband never even talk politics.

edit on 31-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The saddest thing of all is that so many people voted for Obama because they thought it would end this sort of thing and it's only made it worse, much worse.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

This racist crap has major ramifications. I have been accused of being a racist (I am not, my roommate was a black until I got married)

But those accusations have badly hurt my business to the tune of thousands of dollars in business.

Heck look at what it has done to a LATINO when Obama used it to get himself votes. When the propaganda arm of the US government realized they flubbed it they came up with a "New Category" called a WHITE LATINO and again flubbed it since his mother is part black. Now an entire family is getting murder threats.

The USA has been set back decades because this Admin. has been repeatedly fanning RACISM. Of course that is what can be expected of a "Community ORGANIZER"

No I am not a republican or Tea Party Member. I just HATE racism and it can be from anyone TO anyone else.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Obama is nothing but a token black president, doing everything previous presidents did. All his election win did was create another section thru the divide and conquer tactics, the new sects are the closet racists.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

... the primary reason for these accusations of racism is to squash freedom of speech and expression, which is a violation of our constitutional rights. It is also damaging to the individual to be accused of such a thing in public, thus the libel and slander charges.

Unfortunately, this is but one of the tools being applied today to enforce what are mainly political agendas. If you can silence your opposites, then you don't feel obliged to defend your position. You just toss out the accusations and let the moment assume authority.

It's not just racism that is baited like this but... it is one good example of how things have changed so drastically in just the last decade. Personally, I don't see it getting any better anytime real soon. You just have to be ready to stand your ground or be ready to be run over.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes, but I you remember the way he was sold don't you?

He was "postracial" and the "great uniter" and had all those images with halos around his head. Therefore, I come to the conclusion that many voted because he was supposed to stop the racism and symbolize and end to that.

I saw him for what he was and is - A community organizer whose only real job in life has been to agitate people into getting mad over some grievance or other. That does lend itself to unity or harmony.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Alternately, if you can't silence your opposition, if you can successfully delegitimize them in your eyes and the eyes of others, then you delegitimize their arguments which then do not have to be debated on the merits. Taint the source and it doesn't matter what the argument is.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I agree whole heartedly but...
I call racism when I see a poster of Obama as a monkey.
I call racism when a fellow ATSer calls the White House, the Black House.
I call racism on Sheriff Joe the racist Arpaio for putting illegals
in for profit internment camps or sends a mailer reminder in Hispanic neighborhoods
to vote the day after the election.
I call racism on the guy that lynched a chair because the chair was Obama..
I could go on forever. I don't need to make up fake racism there's plenty
to go around.
It ain't against the law but it is racism.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by luciddream

Yes, but I you remember the way he was sold don't you?

He was "postracial" and the "great uniter" and had all those images with halos around his head. Therefore, I come to the conclusion that many voted because he was supposed to stop the racism and symbolize and end to that.

I saw him for what he was and is - A community organizer whose only real job in life has been to agitate people into getting mad over some grievance or other. That does lend itself to unity or harmony.

Yeah I fell for this also, and I wanted Obama to win in 2008. But unfortunately, it is the very people that previously supported him that are now being called racist. We really must put an end to this.

All he is good at is making speeches. So I would have to say that yes, he has had one great presidential accomplishment, and that would be public speaking. But this good attribute can also be very dangerous.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Any reason all those examples have to with whites?

You wouldn't by chance believe that only whites can be racist.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You have a right to say whatever you want, and everyone else has a right to respond. Freedom of speech/expression means the government can't censor you or punish you for what you say. It doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want without any criticism.

If you want libel/slander laws to be altered, then don't be surprised if the "public figure doctrine" is thrown out.

And expect people that are accused of complicity in conspiracies to sue this very site for defamation.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

sealing
I agree whole heartedly but...
I call racism when I see a poster of Obama as a monkey.
I call racism when a fellow ATSer calls the White House, the Black House.
I call racism on Sheriff Joe the racist Arpaio for putting illegals
in for profit internment camps or sends a mailer reminder in Hispanic neighborhoods
to vote the day after the election.
I call racism on the guy that lynched a chair because the chair was Obama..
I could go on forever. I don't need to make up fake racism there's plenty
to go around.
It ain't against the law but it is racism.

I wholeheartedly agree with you also, except for one point. We can't automatically assume that a political statement is racism. Now the monkey and the "black house"? Yeah those ones are obvious.

But you so have to remember, this thread does not involve racist acts in any way, what so ever. It involves people being accused of being racist just for having an opinion opposite of the individual. Just because racism is wrong doesn't mean that they can throw accusations indiscriminately against everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by sealing

Any reason all those examples have to with whites?

You wouldn't by chance believe that only whites can be racist.

Feel free to offer your own examples.

I know - it's so hard to be a white male in American society. So difficult. I know I struggle with it every day - never getting pulled over for failing to signal a lane change, not having security follow me as I shop in a nice store...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join