It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Snowden Revelations: How NSA taps Yahoo & Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Washington Post Article

>>
The National Security Agency has secretly broken into the main communications links that connect Yahoo and Google data centers around the world, according to documents obtained from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden and interviews with knowledgeable officials.

By tapping those links, the agency has positioned itself to collect at will from among hundreds of millions of user accounts, many of them belonging to Americans. The NSA does not keep everything it collects, but it keeps a lot.

>>

Rabbit hole becomes deeper and deeper with each day.

In this slide from a National Security Agency presentation on “Google Cloud Exploitation,” a sketch shows where the “Public Internet” meets the internal “Google Cloud” where user data resides. Two engineers with close ties to Google exploded in profanity when they saw the drawing.

edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago26PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago54PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

From the caption in the link: "Two engineers with close ties to Google exploded in profanity when they saw the drawing."

That actually explains a lot. I had my doubts when Google earlier denied having any active part in NSA data collection.

Don't get me wrong: I still consider Google thoroughly evil. But this wouldn't be the first time one evil organization was exploited by another....

new topics

join