It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's closing all restaurants in Bolivia as nation rejects fast food.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This decision will increase the life expectancy of Bolivians!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

doorhandle

rickymouse
I guess they don't believe a clown telling them that his food is edible. In America we believe these clowns without questioning them I guess.

Sorry I just don't get it, why is it MacDonalds fault exactly? Are people forced to eat there? The story of how they became so successful is some genius business really, it may be unhealthy but no one is forcing people to go there. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions these days, its always someone else's fault.

Actually McDonald's food is not unhealthy. It just isn't that nutritious. Heck, a chemical in the Chicken McNuggets can even keep viruses from attaching to our cells. It might keep other necessary things from interacting with our cells though, I doubt if that was ever investigated.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Great work Bolivia!

I went there (mainly La Paz) and Peru in 2007 and to be honest, I can't really remember seeing many overweight people. I'd be interested to know where the main % of obese people in Bolivia is from. The majority of people I saw there were just stocky and by no means fat.

Good on them for getting rid of McDonalds though.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

A few weeks ago I was in a strange city and I was feeling a little hypoglycemic. Down the street from my hotel was a McDonald's. So I gave in and went inside to order a Big Mac. To make things short, there was a reason why I hadn't eaten a McDonald's product in over 10 years. I felt sick and bloated the next day.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I were working at west Louise lodge in BC right next to Alberta border near field, nothing around for hour or so in either direction. One morning we wanted Mcds so we started to hitch to Banff, took 6hrs, then walked two k's to town, closed for Reno. Walked back to highway and continued hitching to Canmore, it's on the highway there, took 3 hrs, ate, then 6 hrs back, BEST MEAL IN MY LIFE, lol, screw you haters!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Yeah they won't eat Mcdonalds,but they'll # where they bathe. Or eat under cooked and nasty foods.And live in unsanitary conditions.Get back to me when they emerge from third world status. Oh,and as someone pointed out,It's more likely their economy couldn't sustain that type of business. Way to turn it into something else though

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
What really shocks me is after all the documentaries testifying to the fact that McDonald's food is basically poison; after all the studies that have been conducted; after all the people we've seen who have become obese and sickened....

Whenever I go past my local McDonalds, you literally can't get near the place during lunch time. It's the most popular restaurant in town!

I had to stop eating wheat years ago, so I don't go to McDonalds anymore. I do miss a few things from there from time to time, I must admit.

But I'm sure I've increased my life span a few years by not eating there anymore.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

doorhandle

rickymouse
I guess they don't believe a clown telling them that his food is edible. In America we believe these clowns without questioning them I guess.

Sorry I just don't get it, why is it MacDonalds fault exactly? Are people forced to eat there? The story of how they became so successful is some genius business really, it may be unhealthy but no one is forcing people to go there. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions these days, its always someone else's fault.

Actually teh genius business idea, is a dark side plot against humanity. And any of them who create amoral and filthy corrupt ways to make money, are all demons in training.

And your obey avatar really makes me want to arm everyone with bullhorns to shove in their faces whenever they are in their offices to make accountable to a free and equal world of progressive, advanced humans. We're going the route of everyone empowered, and the bad guys on their knees serving the humanity they've harmed, with big fat zero's shaved on their heads including the royal families. Thats the world I envision.

Mcdonald's is a way to harm people's health and spirit, and take over the food industry. All done while farms where being bought up by corporations, people taken off their lands, in third world countries, farmers and villages murdered by these corporations and then their children enslaved to work on them.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

No doubt many realize it, but just imagine of everyone else figured out the crap that people in the United States eat every day, from fast food, to canned food, to boxed food and junk food filled with preservatives.
reply to post by Broom

Don't worry we have pharmaceuticals for that.......

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

nightstalker78
reply to post by sarahlm

Yeah they won't eat Mcdonalds,but they'll # where they bathe. Or eat under cooked and nasty foods.And live in unsanitary conditions.Get back to me when they emerge from third world status. Oh,and as someone pointed out,It's more likely their economy couldn't sustain that type of business. Way to turn it into something else though

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you're an arrogant and angry person.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just want to make sure that all the people praising this move don't show up on another thread complaining about the hundreds or thousands of workers in Bolivia that had jobs, such as they were, at McDonald's and are now unemployed.

I equate this to people that see a horror movie on TV , find it offensive and complain to everyone that horror films should be taken off.

No one makes anyone watch something on TV, you can choose to turn it off or never turn that station on.
No one makes anyone go to a fast food restaurant. You can choose to eat healthy or you can choose to eat wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
McDonald food has taken a steep decline in quality I noticed over the years.

This Burger patties seem to be getting thinner somehow.

The patties do not taste anything like ground cow...

The whole Chicken Breast sandwiches aren't too bad but you have to wonder how are they treating the chickens...

edit on 31-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: phrase fix

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

How very delightful.

Thanks for the report. S&F& : up :

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

That's great..wish they would stop growing coca plants first....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix
This is interesting

Obesity in Bolivia is a growing health concern. According to Forbes, Argentina ranks 31 on a 2007 list of obese individuals in countries with a percentage of 69.4% of its citizens being overweight of obese.

Obesity in Bolivia en.wikipedia.org...

What does it matter if they shy away from fast cooking if they are gonna still eat like pigs when they slow cook?

This policy they have sure doesn't seem to be health related at all.

It's not health related at all.

Most american's that were born in the USA will not understand this because they have been raised in a fast paced, fast food society.

In many parts of the world like Italy, France and many South American countries people enjoy their lives.

Yep, I said it they actually live to enjoy each other's company, and many times this is eating a meal slowly with friends and family.

I remember having a cousin over from Italy who never experienced the USA, one day I was working and took him along. I stopped at McD's and went through the drive through, ordered, and ate while I was driving.

He was absolutely horrified that we actually ate like this, and did not take the time to cook a meal, and then actually enjoy the food.

He also commented that all the fast-food places were like cattle commercialized stops for watering and food.

I would wager that is why Fast food won't ever make it in most of countries that enjoy eating with family and friends.

In the USA, the family unit has been destroyed on almost every level, and family interaction and enjoyment doesn't exist here.

Peace out,

RT
edit on 31-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
OMG!

That is awesome. I haven't had any fast food in 5 years; no McDonald's, no Wendy's, no Taco Bell, no Burger King, etc. That stuff is nothing but poison.

I wish people here in America would just do the same thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

People in that region have been using the coca plant for medicinal purposes for a damn long time. When I was there I didn't see any junkies around namely because they have respect for the plant. You need to visit the coca museum over there to see what the real story about coca is.

As for the person above saying they crap where they eat....what a lovely statement. Have you been to Bolivia???

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If Bolivia had a Walmart, there'd be a customer base for McDonalds

Pretty awesome news. I've never heard of a McDonalds closing.

THERE IS A GOD!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Yes good for them. I myself can't even remember the last time I ate that over priced garbage from McDonalds.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is extremely old news.

This happened in 2002. Closing should be closed. Long closed. About 11 years ago.

No More “Fast Food” in Bolivia: McDonald’s Has Closed Down All Its Restaurants

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join