It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ding, Ding, Ding - Really Bad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Japan secrecy act stirs fears about press freedom, right to know

Thu, Oct 24 2013
By Linda Sieg and Kiyoshi Takenaka
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's government is planning a state secrets act that critics say could curtail public access to information on a wide range of issues, including tensions with China and the Fukushima nuclear crisis.
The new law would dramatically expand the definition of official secrets and journalists convicted under it could be jailed for up to five years.

And other bites from:

www.commondreams.org...

Filmmaker Robert Stone, Other Pro-Nuke Advocates Should Make Expedition to Fukushima

Nobody knows the exact location of the melted cores from Units One, Two and Three or whether they are still fissioning.

With the information flow from Fukushima apparently about to go dark, the presence of independent media and researchers has become more critical than ever.

Robert Stone has made a high budget dis-infomercial sponsored by Microsoft billionaire Paul Allen, whose cohort Bill Gates has bet heavily on new nukes. Called “Pandora’s Promise,” Stone’s promoters have refused to send us a review copy. We’re told it mocks industry opponents without actually interviewing them, while downplaying the killing power of atomic radiation. It’s scheduled to air on CNN without a balancing point of view.

The trailer for the video in in the linked article above.

Rather disjoined post and I do apologize but this "Secrets Act" is very scary in the context of an ongoing catasrophe like Fukushima. Too many secrets have been kept already and for too long about the extent of the damage and consequences.

Really, Really Scary.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Foreign journalists will still report, maybe this is just in-country. But it will stop some of the "in the know" people from talking. Some major investigative news team from the U.S. or Europe should go in there and get the entire story, and soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Let us hope so, but I've my doubts.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That is actually very scary news. I know many people believe that things are way worse, than already being reported, but it makes you wonder how bad it really is, if they are trying to stop anyone from reporting on this.
If they do this, and none of their journalists can report on it, how would any other country be able to accurately. I can't imagine anyone in the know, would want to speak to anyone outside the country for fear of some type of reprisal.
And I would think that they could just deny entry to their country, to anyone they suspected of trying to get information.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I figured their reporters were subject to the exact same thing ours our in the USA. Having a family member that was a journalist for several years I posed the question why do you not report this or that? I was told "Everyone has a boss". Amber Lyon put a spotlight on this right here in the USA recently which I was thankful for. So anyhow you have Tepco admitting to not giving everyone the full story, and now we have Japan admitting we will not get the full story.

IMHO not really anything new here. Looks like business as usual. We never get the truth because some people cannot handle the truth. Yeah I went there.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What's the true definition of a government that wants to keep secrets and refuses to tell the truth when confronted with a legitimate question? Or stamps Top Secret on every damn document?

Because I think the only possible word for it would be corrupt and criminal, like a bank robber that not only refuses to testify as to his whereabouts that day, but pleads the Fifth for good measure.

In my mind, any government official that refuses to declare EVERYTHING they know, and refuses open communication and discussion on every and all topics, is guilty, in the end, of treason to the people they've sworn to serve.

And most of them are mass murderers, even if they simply voted the funding for some little skirmish here or there.

We can't deal with reality, no matter how bad or scary it may be, until we know what it is. Has humanity had such a government yet, in it's entire history? I think not.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ok i didnt want to bring it up,, but everyone knows what happen's N.E.X.T,,
thats right,,,,
the T=Virus,,,and Umbrella CORP.

well at least in the movie.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can only assume one thing from this: someone wants this mess to continue unabated and will do anything to keep this going.

1. The COMPANY, not the military as in Russia's mess, the COMPANY, not an international force, but the COMPANY that created the fiasco is in charge! This on it's face is incomprehensible.

2. The COMPANY is the sole conduit for information.

3. The scum of Japan's system are playing with the entire planet's ecosystem, and our lives, like they have spilled milk and just need to get it cleaned up before mommy gets home. I have no respect for anyone involved in this no matter on any level - they are criminals of a solar system order. Mao killed his own people, Stalin too, the US millions of god knows who, but the Japanese system in place now working to kill everyone, everything AND the planet - radiation does not go away and at some point all the radiation we've put into and onto the Earth, plus this will be too much.

4. Now there is a news blackout?

Someone wants this to happen, keep that in mind when you see this stuff - someone needs this thing to go on and on. Ask why?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

BobAthome
ok i didnt want to bring it up,, but everyone knows what happen's N.E.X.T,,
thats right,,,,
the T=Virus,,,and Umbrella CORP.

well at least in the movie.

Brb, running to a secluded mansion in the middle of nowhere with slow opening doors.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I had a dream where I was at the airport in Japan and I was asking questions about the reactor and lets just say I got some bad attention. Secret police were monitoring me and my friends and the locals we were talking to were scared because they knew we were being closely watched. They don't want international onlookers but this is about the whole damn world not just their country. Now I have been having lots of vision dreams for a reason and this was warning me that top people in Japan and also the world elites don't want us blebs to know the real-time truth about fukushima and also other reactors.
edit on 29/10/2013 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I ran across a juicy tidbit of information in another news article from today in RT. Its on topic for this subject so I wanted to place it here.

Meanwhile, in attempt to potentially save $1 billion on a monthly basis in fuel costs, TEPCO is aiming to restart Kashiwazaki Kariwa, the largest nuclear plant in the world, next April.

However, the governor of Niigata Prefecture, where the plant is based said that the company [TEPCO] must give a more thorough account of the Fukushima disaster and address “institutionalized lying” in the company, before it will be permitted to restart the nuclear reactors in Kashiwazaki Kariwa.

“If they don’t do what needs to be done, if they keep skimping on costs and manipulating information, they can never be trusted,” Hirohiko Izumida told Reuters on Monday, suggesting that TEPCO should be fully stripped of responsibility for decommissioning at Fukushima.

I thought it was interesting the governor of Niigata Prefecture is flat out calling them liars.

rt.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Nice find!

Why should Japan be any different?

Seriously.

Just look around at what's going on with "democratic" gov'ts around the world lately. Spying & surveillance of citizens & allies, censorship, laws allowing ridiculously unfettered & unmonitored activities by agents of the gov't(s), blatant lies by those entrusted to represent the citizens, laws designed to keep the citizens/public out, secret laws & courts, "militarized" law enforcement and the list goes on and on....

What's really scary now is not the fact that it is being done, but the incredibly escalating rate and the public, "in-your face" way it is being conducted.

Not sure what all of it is leading up to, but I guarantee it's not good...

edit on 10/29/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What i find off about this is that they aleeady know the info about fukushima is on the web.

What could they have more to hide if they are going all secret...

All in all. This sh.. Is scary

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Heres a trailer for the movie, yah its a movie…

Preview (approved for all motion picture audiences).

The title is interesting-- "Pandoras Promise" (Promise???)

Panodra's box releases evil that destroys everything. They want to turn that around and call it Promis…ing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the fact that Tokyo has the Olympics in 2020? They need to keep the bad news about Fukushima low on the radar, I would imagine. Nothing keeps athletes away like a little radiation….

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

TextPanodra's box releases evil that destroys everything. They want to turn that around and call it Promis…ing.

Well it is promising. Promising to show us all in finallity
that mankind without God is just a medler. Only capable
of such an end. A destroyer of the Earth and evrything
that calls Earth home. Including his pathetic self.
Instead of the custidian God intended.

Absolutely believable if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hey guys, I think something bad is happening at Fukushima right now. I cant access the cam, and it says that the cam will only be shut off if:

"The service will be suspended during maintenance of equipment and/or other trouble."

Doubled with the secrecy news, I think somethings up.

Please can someone confirm if the cam is operational and it's not just my feed?

www.tepco.co.jp...

EDIT TO ADD: This is the first time I have noticed the cam off.
edit on 29-10-2013 by JustTheMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I guess I'm confused. Why does the trailer say (In theaters June 2013)

Has anyone seen this film?

I guess I'll be watching on November 7th on CNN

edit on 30-10-2013 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Absolutely believable if you ask me.

Somewhat prophetic too, if you ask me.

Pandora stole the key and opened the box.

Out flew every kind of disease and sickness, hate and envy, and all the bad things that people had never experienced before. Pandora slammed the lid closed, but it was too late. All the bad things were already out of the box. They flew away, out into the world.

Evil unleashed

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I guess I'm confused. Why does the trailer say (In theaters June 2013)

Has anyone seen this film?

Can't confirm date it will air on CNN

Can confirm its Pro Nukes (all flavors)

www.thenation.com...#

act.rootsaction.org...
edit on 30-10-2013 by intrptr because: links

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join