It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Microbiologist Explains Her Conversion From Evolution To Creation.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

do U have any proof of what U are saying? cos school books witch say the same thing, do not give any evidence of it to... just theory

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't need to read to the Bible in order to align my viewpoint with yours. I don't believe that the Bible has any authority in matters of God anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

What do you think?

How is it all the intermitent examples of this
metamorphisis just happen to be missing ?
Did the dinosaurs die off or become chickens what's up ?
edit on 29-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Look up the Peppered Moth. It's a perfect example of evolution of a species due to environmental impacts. Yes, these impacts were created by humans but we had no part in the outcome.
edit on 29-10-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by randyvs

I don't need to read to the Bible in order to align my viewpoint with yours. I don't believe that the Bible has any authority in matters of God anyway.

That's okay. Didn't really expect anything else.

Thank you for the thread OP.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Ah that old argument about husband not seeing any improvements.

Of course we've made improvements, but how many more could we make if everyone wasn't constrained to explain everything in terms of Darwinism for fear of being censured? What if people were allowed to, you know, question which is what science is all about? Skepticism and testing.

At least Einstein was allowed to write math on the board and follow where the numbers took him, and then those who wanted to tell him he was wrong couldn't look at them and say he was wrong very easily. When 2+2 = 4, that's what happens. Unfortunately for all us, biology is not so clear cut as numbers.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not to mention he embodies exactly what I have tried to draw attention to -- scoffing at ideas outside of one's accepted beliefs.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How is it all the intermitent examples of this metamorphisis just happen to be missing ?
Did the dinosaurs die off or become chickens what's up ?

Examples are what you're after, eh? Good, good. I'll help you out with that. Peter Vlar was most generous when he posted this in another thread regarding the same topic.

Here it is.

You asked, I delivered. If you want to, you can do some Googling and check all the information for yourself.
edit on 29-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As I just had this discussion with my 8 year old, let me ask you simple question: 'Are crocodile dinosaurs'?

My 8 year old came to correct conclusion on her own, loved Jack Horner's video last year and hope to help with research once she grows up. I guess that is why among all toys in Toys'r'us she picked microscope.

ps. Answer to my question. Do you still need answer to your question?
edit on 29-10-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Your link does not work. Please check it.

link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Pure Darwinian evolution cannot explain the incredibly diverse, ingeniously adapted, balanced ecosystems the comprise the living Earth.

Why not? Answer in your own words, please, or no marks will be awarded.

As has always been the case with complex questions, the scientific community latched on to the first plausible explanation to the origin of life.

Could you give some other examples of this? Since you say it 'has always been the case', I'm sure you can furnish some fairly well-known ones. Did the scientific community latch on to the first plausible explanation of, for example, gravity? Or the first plausible explanation of why the sun is hot? The first plausible explanation of why the sky is dark at night?

The claim that it is all a result of random mutation is full of holes.

And who, precisely, is making that claim? Can you show us a scientific paper on evolution that says it's all a result of random mutation? It doesn't have to be a recent paper, by the way; any date of publication later than 1859 will do.

Instead of debating the issue with facts or hypotheses, let's just pick apart each other's posts and miss the major points completely. How's that sound?

Not too good. So let's have some facts to support your major points, shall we?

link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You know, I would bet that Vatican supported scientists would have said similar things when trying to assert that the Sun was not the center of the solar system. After all, they were the intellectual elite of the past, just as you consider yourself an intellectual elite today.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

*shakes head*

They have completely derailed this thread, and I played right into it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

You know, I would bet that Vatican supported scientists would have said similar things when trying to assert that the Sun was not the center of the solar system. After all, they were the intellectual elite of the past, just as you consider yourself an intellectual elite today.

You are not in a position to be expressing such contempt, given that you are in a far more precarious intellectual position than we are. Our evidence overwhelms yours. This is a fact. You need no longer pretend you have anything to be indignant about, because you don't.

*shakes head*

They have completely derailed this thread, and I played right into it.

Yes, we completely derailed this thread with the evidence and logic and rational discourse you tried so desperately to avoid. Thank goodness we were present to prevent your dive over that dreaded cliff into the land of ill-founded unscientific assumptions and blind faith. You don't have to thank us. We do it because we love you.
edit on 29-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

As I just had this discussion with my 8 year old, let me ask you simple question: 'Are crocodile dinosaurs'?

Nope, because dinosaurs are mammals.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nope, because dinosaurs are mamals.

Mammals don't lay eggs. Dinosaurs do.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree but you may want tell Peter Viar that.
This is an example of selective shift. And makes it so hard to
take any scientific findings serious.
In one thread dinos are egg laying reptiles that died out
in any sort of cataclysim that wasn't a fliood because despite the
existence of water a flood is impossible.

The next thread dinos are mammals that became chickens.
Resulting in my findings confirmed. Science is full of crap.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

ketsuko

Ah that old argument about husband not seeing any improvements.

Of course we've made improvements, but how many more could we make if everyone wasn't constrained to explain everything in terms of Darwinism for fear of being censured? What if people were allowed to, you know, question which is what science is all about? Skepticism and testing.

At least Einstein was allowed to write math on the board and follow where the numbers took him, and then those who wanted to tell him he was wrong couldn't look at them and say he was wrong very easily. When 2+2 = 4, that's what happens. Unfortunately for all us, biology is not so clear cut as numbers.

Einstein had an idea, but took him time and couple fails to get it correct. Same goes for Darwin's theory, it is either correct or wrong. All data shows it is correct and it is sound, but to some religious fundamentalist this sounds like disproof of existence of God and religion. Note, I said - religious fundamentalist - that is what Father George Coyne Ph.D. calls it. He makes clear distinction between scriptures and science.

What you trying to prove here is that 2+2 = God gave 5. Sorry for little joke.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

No, I am not going to put together a lesson plan for you. Do it yourself, if you really care to understand things on your own. You can keep your marks. I am not going to bother quoting you, either, so read slowly and concentrate.

I included two off-hand examples -- geocentric theory and the practice of blood-letting on the sick.

You evidently don't understand Darwin's theory. Adaptations are a way that species survive in changing environments. We have evidence to support this, e.g. within a species of bird, the ones with longer beaks reproduce more successfully because they can reach food others cannot. But there are countless "niche adaptations" that cannot be explained by normal deviations in physiology. For example, there is a species of caterpillar that rolls away like a wheel when threatened. If you want more, open up an advanced biology book.

Lastly, that was a sarcastic response to redmage's post in response to my earlier one.

edit on 29-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: Removed some snark

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join