It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second set of human remains found in L.A.-area water-treatment plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

"Another set of human remains was found at a water-treatment facility in L.A. County on Monday, the second such discovery in less than a week.

The latest remains were found Monday at a treatment facility in the 1900 block of Workman Mill Road near the 60 and 605 freeways, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Homicide detectives were en route to investigate the finding."
www.latimes.com...

LAM-ELISA again?

Second set of human remains found in L.A.-area water-treatment plant

This looks like a follow-up to the mysterious murder of Elisa Lam at the Hotel Cecil in January 2013. Someone is now stepping it up a notch. Polluting a water supply system to a major city!
edit on 29-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: t

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Officials: Remains Found At Bassett, Carson Plants Are From Same Person

"BASSETT (CBSLA.com) — The upper torso of a woman found Monday at a waste treatment plant is believed to be related to the human remains found this weekend at a similar facility in Carson.

The human remains of the woman, who was possibly Hispanic, were found by maintenance workers at a facility operated by the Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County in the 1900 block of Workman Mill Road in Bassett, near the 60 and 605 freeways.

The remains were discovered in one of the facility’s water reclamation plant pools.

“During a check for a plug in a line, they discovered a human torso,” sheriff’s Lt. Mike Rosson said. “That human torso appears to be related to…remains that were found in Carson on Saturday morning.”
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Just like the Hotel Cecil, there was blockage in a pipe. Oh it's just a human torso, rip that out of there!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A person cut in half? Water makes it so much harder to trace the perp too. How tragic; brutal. Hope they figure this out quickly, and it doesn't turn into a green river situation.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Sounds like maybe they need to check out all of the water treatment plants in the surrounding area. May have a serial killer?
This is actually pretty scary for the area, not only is someone contaminating the water, but also seems to know a little bit about covering his or her tracks.

I hope they are smart enough to check the other plants, just to make sure. Not wait for another "Problem" to happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Really doubt its related to the Elisa lam case. I can't stop watching the elevator clip. Creepy. Stranger things have happened. Are there any other cases in the area that involves water tanks, reservoirs or water treatment plants??

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Flukeman's back???

Time to get Mulder & Scully out of retirement
edit on 10/29/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can't help but think of the past, way back to the middle ages, when castles were besieged by invaders using catapults hurling dead bodies into the castle to spread disease. An early form of biological warfare. Here's an excerpt from thinkquest.org describing the principle.

Demoralization

"The most effective offensive weapon was hunger and demoralization. Besieging forces would attempt to completely surround a castle and cut it off from the outside world. No supplies were allowed in or messages sent out. The situation often got very grim inside the castle. Even though large quantities of supplies were stored inside, they sometimes ran out. Then the defenders were forced to eat anything they could get their hands on. This included rats, grass, dogs, and anything else semi-edible. Essentially, the offending army would attempt to starve and discourage the defenders to the point of surrender. There were many tactics used to accomplish this. They did anything they could to decrease the enemy's morale. Because the defenders depended on reinforcements or a direct attack by allies from another castle, the attacking army almost always embarked on a campaign of misinformation. They would shout that the besieged army's allies were defeated. This was just another way of demoralizing the castle garrison that was cut off from the outside world. Offending armies would hurl insults and jeer at the enemy. They would throw dead animal and human body parts into the castle to spread disease and demoralize the defenders. In fact, the bubonic plague was originally spread by a besieging army. The offending army in this case used catapult machinery to launch dead bodies into a besieged town. This spread the bubonic plague which eventually killed one third of Europe. This was one of the earliest cases of biological warfare. Besiegers also often destroyed almost all crops and buildings for miles around the castle. They pillaged freely stealing animals and other valuables."
library.thinkquest.org...

It says launching dead bodies by catapult against opposing forces may have led to the Black Plaque. Are there dark forces today using ancient strategies to cause a major disease outbreak? Are they dumping bodies in reservoirs too? Water supply company distribution plants?

edit on 29-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: form

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm sure that people being dumped in the sewers is nothing new. I suppose their noticing it is new now though.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here's another case of body parts disposed of into the sewer system in the lost city of Detroit dating back to August 15, 2012. It could be a serial killer or just a relatively new method killers use to operate.

A Dozen Body Parts Discovered in Detroit-Area Sewer

" "This morning, they go down to begin their work and they get down to a large grate at the 50-foot level and they see the body laying down there," Sterling Heights Police Department Lt. Luke Riley told ABC News in an interview this afternoon. "They call us, we go out and then get people down there to start the process of looking at them."

"There were maybe a dozen softball-sized pieces of a body," he said. "No arms or leg or torso -- nothing like that. Definitely a Caucasian. We're not sure if it's male or female."

"Some of the body parts had a tattoo on them, he noted, something officials hope may help them in identifying the body."
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They should say waste water treatment plants not water treatment plants. Unlss you recycle the water it's not a real problem

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

I wonder about this too, along with so many other insane incidents. IE mass shootings, people eating other peoples faces, Miley Cirus...sorry had to add that last one. Think about inexpiable things that happened years before 9/11. The movie "The Big Lomboski" he writes a check and the date is 09/11/2001, no amount of precious final cut film footage makes it to the movie without reason. I have never watched a movie scene where the guy writing a check you could really notice the checks date. In the Matrix Nero's ID expired 09/11/2001 and it was so obvious it was noticed. The 9/11 forum here was rife with these type of examples and claimed them to be a conspiracy. I think they were "Dark suggestions".

Little subtleties that have no good explanation.

I have often wondered if something dark is not possessing the weak and giving them suggestions.

In most alien abduction stories the two consistent events appear: Hybrid mating and suggestions of something they are to do at a future date that they do not remember what the suggestion was, only that they were made.
edit on 29-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

They surmise that she was cut apart by the pumps, not the perp.
I do believe that it was murder, if she was illegal then the crime may never be solved because for some reason their murders don't seem to mean as much to the Police.
Solved or not she is still dead.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

VforVendettea
reply to post by Dianec

They surmise that she was cut apart by the pumps, not the perp.
I do believe that it was murder, if she was illegal then the crime may never be solved because for some reason their murders don't seem to mean as much to the Police.
Solved or not she is still dead.

Your theory of the crime not be solved could then equally be applied to the killer being an illegal alien also? Please explain why an illegal alien being the victim would cause law enforcement to not fully try to find the killer/killers. The body parts found in the Detroit sewer system do appear to have been dismembered before being thrown in there. Killers are often very clever in their demented ways. As a previous poster mentioned, water washes away a lot of forensic evidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If this is related to the young lady (Elisa) from Feburary they may not know for awhile. Each serial killer has their cooling off periods - and those vary. There may be 6 months, 3 months, or a year between killings. If they find a 3rd one like this it's going to look like one murderer.

For now they can't even tell what killed them. Elisa was ruled an accident. Even if she had water in her lungs that doesn't rule out someone drowning her. Water tanks are not like swimming pools you can fall into: have to intentionally go there. In the elevator she appears to be talking with someone (or having a psychotic break). She could have climbed the ladder after reaching the roof - to hide perhaps but that seems like a strange place to go for rescue if in trouble.

Two females found in water in the last 8 months. I would be concerned if I were a detective - wouldn't rule out a connection. The first Bundy and Ridgeway victims found were considered isolated until a repeated pattern presented itself. It will take time to truly put these to rest IMO (unless someone is caught or confesses).

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

IA have no traceable background as a general rule.
The detectives usually don't put as much effort into finding the killers of someone they believe to be poor IA or otherwise.
They get right on it if the victim or their family is rich.
It is not right but it is the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't think this has anything to do with Elisa Lam. However it would certainly spread bacteria. It appears IMHO that the perp studied the Chessboard Killer. This is a good way (on par but not the best) of disposing of bodies. If the body was cut up I would definitely think this was a murder and not an intent at terrorism. He was probably hoping the plant would take care of the remains. Crazy. I would be grossed out if I lived in LA county and had to drink tap water. No offense intended towards the victim.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

VforVendettea

IA have no traceable background as a general rule.
The detectives usually don't put as much effort into finding the killers of someone they believe to be poor IA or otherwise.
They get right on it if the victim or their family is rich.
It is not right but it is the truth.

Thanks for the explanation. A couple weeks ago in NYC there was a 20 year old cold case that was finally solved. The victim was a 4 year old Hispanic girl. You may have heard about it in the news. She was known as Baby Hope. The NYC detectives never gave up hope of solving the case in all that time. The victim in that case would fit the profile of possibly being an illegal alien. I appreciate your viewpoint, unfortunately it is probably true in a lot of cases. Here's a link about the Anjelica Castillo (Baby Hope) case.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Pimpintology
I don't think this has anything to do with Elisa Lam. However it would certainly spread bacteria. It appears IMHO that the perp studied the Chessboard Killer. This is a good way (on par but not the best) of disposing of bodies. If the body was cut up I would definitely think this was a murder and not an intent at terrorism. He was probably hoping the plant would take care of the remains. Crazy. I would be grossed out if I lived in LA county and had to drink tap water. No offense intended towards the victim.

I had to do a search on that maniac. Never heard of the Chessboard Killer. I see the method of operation regarding sewers! How disturbing.

"Pichushkin waited until his intended victim was intoxicated and then he hit him or her repeatedly with a blunt instrument – a hammer or a piece of pipe. To conceal the bodies, he often threw his victims into a sewer pit. Some of them were still alive at the time and ended up drowning."
www.worldkillers.com...

edit on 29-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: video

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yeah, Pichushkin has the highest confirmed body count. There are tales out of south america but the body counts could never be confirmed. When Pichushkin threw them into the cities water system their bodies would be ripped literally to bits before and at the water treatment facility. It talks about it in the documentaries on him. Therefore desposing of the bodies for him. He wanted to get caught so he left a trail intentionally with his last victim. I think he wanted to complete the chessboard as he was being caught though.

He didn't want to get caught because he felt bad, he wanted to be famous.

edit on 29-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: of vaccines!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

mikell
They should say waste water treatment plants not water treatment plants. Unlss you recycle the water it's not a real problem

You know the saying, "Never Say Never" right? I looked into waste water treatment plants, and there is one place in the world right now that recycles waste water into drinking water. That place is Singapore! Yummmy! So for you people in Singapore, consider the possibility that a serial killer might be dumping bodies in the sewer systems there, before shopping at the store for this.

"NEWater is the brand name given to reclaimed water produced by Singapore's Public Utilities Board. More specifically, it is treated wastewater (sewage) that has been purified using dual-membrane (via microfiltration and reverse osmosis) and ultraviolet technologies, in addition to conventional water treatment processes. The water is potable and is consumed by humans, but is mostly used by industries requiring high purity water."
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join