It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sent Syria $195,000,000 Eid al-Fitr Gift (that's our tax money!!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This slipped under the radar. I couldn't find it discussed here (i searched for it). Obama sent Syria $195,000,000 of our tax money as an Eid al-Fitr gift. (Eid al-Fitr is the Muslim holiday where they celebrate that Abraham tried to murder his son at the command of 'heavenly voices' ). Eid al-Fitr was in August this year.

He wants to bomb the heck out of Syria and get us involved in yet another war we can't afford, but at the same time he's sending hundreds of billions of dollars over to help them celebrate a Muslim holiday?? Really?? And all this while at the same time America supposedly doesn't even have enough money to keep the Blue Angels flying or the Peoples House (The White House) open for tours?? That's INSANE.

Obama Gives Syria $195,000,000 For Muslim Holiday

n an official White House release, President Obama said: “Michelle and I send our warmest greetings to Muslims celebrating Eid al-Fitr here in the United States and around the world. During the past month, Muslims have honored their faith through prayer and service, fasting and time spent with loved ones.”

Then, he gets to the best part of any holiday celebration…the gifts!

“To help the many Syrians in need this Eid al-Fitr, the United States is providing an additional $195 million in food aid and other humanitarian aid, bringing our humanitarian contribution to the Syrian people to over $1 billion since the crisis began.”

It's being reported in many publications. I just quoted one of them.

reported by The Hill as well

To help the many Syrians in need this Eid al-Fitr, the United States is providing an additional $195 million in food aid and other humanitarian aid, bringing our humanitarian contribution to the Syrian people to over $1 billion since the crisis began,” he continued. “For millions of Americans, Eid is part of a great tapestry of America’s many traditions, and I wish all Muslims a blessed and joyful celebration. Eid Mubarak.”

So why would Obama do things like shut down the Blue Angels and the White House Tours, etc etc, but at the same time send hundreds of billions of our $$ to Syria to help them celebrate a Muslim holiday?? Where are his priorities? What is his agenda with all this. ATS .. wanna' speculate?

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A HOAX AND HE DIDN'T DO THIS!!

edit on 10/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: words

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
WTF? This can't possibly be true. Our great President would never allow something like that to take place...He's got the MOST transparent administration in human history, doncha know.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Humanitarian aid? Sure he would, like every President before him. Food to starving people isn't a problem with me but I would sure like to see the public tax money given to billionaire oil companies stopped.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

1 - Syrians aren't starving.
2 - They have rich oil neighbors who could help if needed. (and it's not needed)
3 - Syria is politically close to Russia .. they could help if needed. (and it's not needed).
4 - We have Americans here who go to bed hungry at night. Millions of Americans. That $195,000,000 would have bought a lot of school breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for hungry AMERICANS.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Syrians aren't starving? Are you freaking kidding me???

news.yahoo.com...

www.abc.net.au...

world.time.com...

America has food stamps and welfare, which people like YOU complain our tax dollars shouldn't be paying for. We do NOT have mass starvation in America.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

kaylaluv
America has food stamps and welfare, which people like YOU complain our tax dollars shouldn't be paying for. We do NOT have mass starvation in America.

Syria doesn't have mass starvation and even if it did then their oil rich neighbors could take care of them. America is broke and we have Americans to take care of FIRST. We shouldn't be sending nearly $200,000,000 in tax money to help Syria celebrate a Muslim holiday.

And go suck on this ..
MILLIONS of American Kids go Hungry Every Day
Just one story of many.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by damwel

1 - Syrians aren't starving.
2 - They have rich oil neighbors who could help if needed. (and it's not needed)
3 - Syria is politically close to Russia .. they could help if needed. (and it's not needed).
4 - We have Americans here who go to bed hungry at night. Millions of Americans. That $195,000,000 would have bought a lot of school breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for hungry AMERICANS.

1. Yes there are Syrians starving pretty much thanks to the civil war we helped to start.
2. Do a little research into their neighbors all they do is want they never give anything. Unless they get something in return.
3. How do you know Russia hasn't sent any aid?
4. So all this happened after Syria started? 195 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions we give other nations that don't need it. Where is all the complaining about that?

Russia has sent aid to Syria. Guess you couldn't spare the 30 seconds it took to see if that statement was true.

Russia sends 20 tons of humanitarian aid to Syria

edit on 29-10-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We'll FF I would agree that charity should begin at home. I am not a big foreign aid fan but you aren't objecting to foreign aid you are again trying to blame Obama.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

FlyersFan

kaylaluv

Syria doesn't have mass starvation and even if it did then their oil rich neighbors could take care of them. America is broke and we have Americans to take care of FIRST. We shouldn't be sending nearly $200,000,000 in tax money to help Syria celebrate a Muslim holiday.

And go suck on this ..
MILLIONS of American Kids go Hungry Every Day
Just one story of many.

Syria DOES have mass starvation - no matter how many times you say it isn't so. The oil rich neighbors don't even care about their own people, much less the Syrian people.

We have programs to help our own poor. Obama has tried to beef them up. You can thank the lovely GOP/tea party folks in the House for trying to cut out most of those programs. From your link:

The proposed House budget for 2012 includes substantial cuts to food aid programs in the 2012 budget cycle. The cuts could affect up to 350,000 recipients of the WIC program alone. The Emergency Food Assistance Program, which provides agricultural products to food banks to pass on to the poor, is also facing a proposed $50 million cut, representing one fifth of the budget for this program.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

My thoughts exactly. We have people within our own borders, children even, who do not even have a roof over their heads, much less food in their stomach. How about we start worrying about our own in need before we "share the wealth" (which we don't have)?

The same for the idiotic "bailouts" and other insane expenditures.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
My question would be... how are they going to distribute that money to the Syrians. Wouldn't they typically hand it over to the Government and allow the Government to spend it on useful social programs? I highly doubt they will give the money to Assad, which begs the question of exactly how will they disperse the money to Syrians.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The real problem is the entire issue of foreign welfare.

It needs to be stopped altogether, regardless of the recipient or the reason.

No money for Syria, Egypt, Iraq, israel, Pakistan etc etc etc.

We need to take care of America first and we're beyond broke, $17 TRILLION in debt... Now they want to tax our miles while driving. How about cut spending, starting with the foreign empire/welfare!?

What did Ron Paul say about foreign welfare, "we take money from poor people in this country and give it to rich people in other countries".

edit on 29-10-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

FlyersFan

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A HOAX AND HE DIDN'T DO THIS!!

edit on 10/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: words

Here is my question...

Everything I can find explains that aid must be approved by Congress.

Example:

From Feb. 2013
U.S. Steps Up Aid to Syrian Opposition, Pledging $60 Million

ROME — The food rations and medical supplies that Secretary of State John Kerry said Thursday would be provided to the Free Syrian Army mark the first time that the United States has publicly committed itself to sending nonlethal aid to the armed factions that are battling President Bashar al-Assad.

The new funds need to be approved by Congress, which is caught up in politics over how to cut the American budget deficit. But Mr. Kerry said that he expected Congressional approval soon.

www.nytimes.com...

So these funds have passed the GOP run House of Representatives?

They do hold the "purse strings" after all.

Maybe you can direct your inquiry to them? Why would they cut food-stamps, head-start, shut down government et al. while feeding Syrians?

Maybe provide light on who approved the funds? ...Cuz the idea that Pres. Obama had a couple hundred million in spare change lying around the house doesn't hold water.

Let's start with facts.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Here is the bill that released the funds.

H.R. 933: Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013
Introduced by Rep. Harold “Hal” Rogers [R-KY5] on March 4, 2013

214 GOP voted for it, 53 Democrats
www.govtrack.us...

The language:

Notwithstanding section 1101, section 7041(h) in division I of Public Law 112-74 shall be applied to funds appropriated by this division by including the following before the period: ‘Provided, That prior to obligating funds made available by this Act for assistance for Syria, the Secretary of State shall consult with the Committees on Appropriations and Foreign Relations of the Senate and the Committees on Appropriations and Foreign Affairs of the House of Representatives: Provided further, That such funds shall be subject to the regular notification procedures of the Committees on Appropriations’.

www.govtrack.us...

So...Bill proposed by GOP, passed by a majority of GOP??

This was the Only Syria related bill that passed this year.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So much for church/state separation.
For Obama that means keeping Christianity out of government but Islam is AOK.
I believe the Syrian refugees in particular do need aid right now as some 2million I think are living in refugee camps.
The money should have been raised by Muslim charities rather than raiding the tax payers' monies.
I also agree with the sentiment their rich neighbors: UAE,Kuwait,Saudi Arabia could all afford to help but won't lift a finger since Syria isn't a Monarchy.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Well, well, well. I think your two posts just shut this thread down. (where's the thumbs up emoticon?)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by Indigo5

Well, well, well. I think your two posts just shut this thread down. (where's the thumbs up emoticon?)

Been around too long to think reality or facts slow anyone down

edit on 29-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Makes one wonder, who is getting this aid? The rebels or the Syrian people? After all we are supporting the rebels with military aid. I wonder what else is included in those packages we are sending???

I agree, all the money we send to all other countries must stop. But this is not going to happen as the puppets in charge are still controlled.
edit on 29-10-2013 by nrthstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

kaylaluv
You can thank the lovely GOP/tea party folks ....

Oh brother. Deflection to Tea Party ....

FACT - Obama just sent nearly 200 million $$ to Syria so they could 'celebrate a Muslim holiday'.
FACT - We have kids here going hungry.
FACT - The (supposedly) big bad Tea Party had nothing to do with Obama sending it.
FACT - Obama owns this.

It's amazing how Obama gets a free pass but the boogie man Tea Party is supposedly to
blame for everything. Just WOW.

edit on 10/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

buster2010
Do a little research into their neighbors all they do is want they never give anything.

So what? It's still not our responsibility to feed the world with our tax money, especially when we have people going to bed hungry here. They can go knock on the doors of Saudi Arabia or Russia.

195 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions we give other nations that don't need it. Where is all the complaining about that?

All over the boards. I complain ... others complain ... all the time.
You know that, but for some reason you want to ignore it.

Russia has sent aid to Syria. Guess you couldn't spare the 30 seconds it took to see if that statement was true.

Guess you couldnt spare the 30 seconds it took to actually read what I said.
I didn't say 'Russia didn't send any' .... I said LET RUSSIA SEND IT.

Big difference.

<<   2  3 >>

join