It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Music Download Problem, Can Anybody Help, Pleeeeeze?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have a bit of a technical issue regarding something that I did by mistake and not too sure how to correct the error that I made….

Yesterday I tried to add some downloaded music from my pc onto my girlfriend’s phone…

The mistake that I think I made was that instead of choosing to send them to the phone by COPY to, I instead clicked on MOVE to. This now means that I no longer have the downloads on my pc and cannot now play them in itunes…

So the question is, how do I restore the downloads back onto my pc now that they have been moved to the phone? Is there any way that I can retrieve the downloads that I have lost? Are they still on my pc somewhere or are they lost forever?

I Hope that someone with technical brains can help me as I don’t want to really lose all the music that I have collected over the last couple of years…

Any ideas would be really appreciated…

Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Do it the other way around, phone to pc, but do it right this time. Copy and paste. Did you SERIOUSLY not think of this?
edit on 29-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
itunes is horrible software. Is it an iphone that your using or something else? If it's a phone with intelligent design you should just be able to plug it into your PC via a USB cable. The computer should recognize the phone as an external hard drive. If this is the case you should be able to just copy and paste this back into your PC. If your using an iphone, sell it and get a more user friendly mobile device. I absolutely despise Apple and their bloatware know as itunes. Apple is way too proprietary for me, any company that can't even give you a micro SD memory card slot is a joke.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

Not to mention that Apple has systems in place to curb piracy and encourage sales. Which is to say, if you are not careful, Apple will delete all of your information to protect its assets from illicit interactions. I've heard this will happen if you buy on one computer and then hook your device up to another computer. Apparently, it registers this as "illicit". I don't know, I'm not an Apple user, I hate Apple technology with a passion.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Nucleardoom
itunes is horrible software. Is it an iphone that your using or something else? If it's a phone with intelligent design you should just be able to plug it into your PC via a USB cable. The computer should recognize the phone as an external hard drive. If this is the case you should be able to just copy and paste this back into your PC. If your using an iphone, sell it and get a more user friendly mobile device. I absolutely despise Apple and their bloatware know as itunes. Apple is way too proprietary for me, any company that can't even give you a micro SD memory card slot is a joke.

But I have a newer "evolutionary" design phone. I am sorry I couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With itunes you should be able to sync the phone with itunes and have it grab the music files currently on the phone. I dont know exactly how to do it, but i would involve getting the phone put in the right mode to be able to sync up properly.

If all else fails you could always try and locate the physical music files on the phone and move them to your PC. I would probably put them in a temp folder on your desktop until they are working properly. Once you have them on your PC you might have to convert them somehow. If you get to this point and are unable to listen to the music, post the file name and format, along with the phone make/model and we may be able to point you in the right direction.

The problem with itunes and some phones is that often times they will reformat the files in to some proprietary format that limits what you can do with them. The good news is that for just about every proprietary format out there, there is a way to convert it back in to a more universal format.

DC

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you for your replies, as you can tell I am a bit of a technophobe so I am going about this in a slow kind of way as to not f*** it all up. I just don't want to be in the predicament of not being able to put it right again...

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how I get on, unless I have thrown the pc out the window....

cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

DONT USE ITUNES.

And if you have a friend or family member who isn't technophobic or whatever, I'd highly recommend employing them for this task as well. There's no point sending a fish to do a falcon's job.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Gonna jump in with everyone else here and tell you to get rid of iTunes. There's much, much better software out there for listening to music. Check out Foobar, for example. It's very customizable.
Also, if you're using an iPhone, get rid of that too.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Never use itunes and certainly do not buy from the itunes store. The DRM that it comes with pretty much guarantees that you did not really buy the song but are renting it for a long time. But, I do wonder how many here do buy mp3s?

My question is this. Did you turn your computer off and on again?

top topics

join