It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the UN in the Japanese nuclear debacle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I followed the accounts of the nuke situation in Japan since day one because I have a family service member that was sent into the area to help with the logistics. The responses I see from various governments matches exactly to the way they have handled the UFO situation over the decades. In both cases, the governments are powerless to produce any meaningful, lasting results. They ignore it and lie.

About the only place to find any accurate and detailed accounts of on-going efforts of japan (if any) to control and contain the situation is in the alternative media that we find on and through ATS. Of course, there are no "meaningful, lasting results" possible with that situation. There just isn't. Even if they dropped a gigantic cement cap on the whole complex tomorrow, major damage already has been done and the worst seems yet to come and reach far beyond Japan.

So where are my country's leaders in this on-going tragedy? Out to lunch or dealing with a whole bunch of self-inflicted wounds from forays into the public sector? But I think the main reason for any inactivity in Congress or from the President is that they know the situation is out of control and could go drastically and permanently bad so they simply wait. Why stir up the populace if no positive results are expect soon, and worse, they see this as the end of the "good" times and the bad times will really be bad when it comes.

A sure sign that high levels are working on a plan, of sorts, should be evident by looking for a massive support effort strongly driven by the whole UN. Remember them, that org that really, really wants to rule the world? What do we find? Hardly nothing worth reporting. No leadership role, not even criticism of worth of any measure aimed at any part of the problem. No rallying of efforts of any major country or the UN to do anything about the continued contamination of land, air, and sea. how quaint. Global warming and climate change seems the only pertinent topics these days. But here too, the lack of a shrill call for attention to this very active problem seems to be because there is little can be done to stop the greatest tragedy in human history that will arrive well in advance of climate change.

We cannot doubt but what the best minds of the field the world over are grappling with the radiation situation. but since they have not come up with any answers going on three years after the event, we can suppose that there are no solutions on the drawing boards other than a stupid ice wall.

To my main point: What is reported time and time again on ATS threads is how our government is preparing its resources and troops for enacting martial law because of widespread civilian discord that is sincerely expected. But how many threads and comments peg the prime reason for those obvious preparations to the simple fact that the flow of Japanese radiation is wafting our way and eventually will create the public panic?

The US government will not be directly involved in causing the problem, but the public won't care as life expectancies start dropping and young children are the first to feel and show the effects of radiation from across the ocean.

Currently, there already is enough dissatisfaction across the nation such that many want a drastic change from the way this country is headed due to several reasons. The major conspiracy threads are full of it, but beyond typical disagreements of politics, ideologies and bad government, add radiation poisoning to most of the air and western sea waters and guess what. The feeling of "nothing to lose" will become the motto of a broad spectrum of America, not just those on the lower tiers.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think what it boils down to is the fact that nothing CAN be done, so it's a moot point.
The world leaders could make it 'look' like they are doing something, but that would call even more public awareness to the situation, AND the fact that nuclear energy is not safe-anywhere-period.
If people were more aware, they just might panic in the USA. They might throw a real hissy fit about POTUS and greedy politicians wanting to build MORE.
We have them built on faults, in densely populated areas,on the east and west coast...just like fukushima. We can't condemn them for not getting help fixing a problem that has no fix without admitting that we have the same problem just waiting to happen.
Who's going to open that can of worms for the whole world to see and tremble from?
I am not spreading 'doom and gloom'; just facts.
It is what it is.
Ms.Nugget
P.S. If you think Chernobyl was taken care of, and is over, think again. It's only just begun...

edit on 7u66America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

There has something to be done. Put some nuclear engineers, teams of experts from around the world on this case and they will find a solution. We hear about nuclear fusion with laser, my ! Do not tell me nothing can be done.

Put some efforts, there will be results, the focus should be on the solution, not the issue.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

thruthseek3r
reply to post by Aliensun

There has something to be done. Put some nuclear engineers, teams of experts from around the world on this case and they will find a solution. We hear about nuclear fusion with laser, my ! Do not tell me nothing can be done.

Put some efforts, there will be results, the focus should be on the solution, not the issue.

Thruthseek3r

You need to understand this! There is no solution. That is why Japan is on its own. When all hell breaks loose, and it will, the rest of the world will have clean hands and will no doubt blame ........ the tsunami!

Yes it will all be Mother Natures fault!

The teams of experts have looked at it. They had nothing. No solution means no solution! Right now it is just a dog and pony show while the rest of the world, especially the US spends its time upping the so called safe limits of radiation exposure to hide what is truly happening.

Understand, there is no solution. We will have to wait for another accident or two or twenty. This will happen when the US West coast gits hit by a very big earthquake and that is any time real soon (geologically speaking). That will wake up the people, well, the living ones at any rate.

Sorry to spoil your day / week / life.

It is what it is.

P

edit on 28/10/2013 by pheonix358 because: I filled this in. Really I did. why do we need this. Even the mods don't fill it in. Still. I have done my bit by filling it in.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
as long as we can"t recouver an melted core in the earth
there is nothing to do about it....just accept and pray
one in chernobyl 4 in fukushima and some at the bottem of the oceans (sunken nucluair submarines)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Sometime ago while i was swimming thru the waters of the interwebs, i came across this site where they stated the following...

Neutralization of Radioactive Waste It has now been officially proven (in Canada) that Brown's Gas can neutralize radioactive waste in seconds, easily and extremely inexpensively. This neutralization treatment can take place right at the nuclear reactor so there is no need to transport or store nuclear waste. This issue is so politically HOT that we deliberately do not promote it. Brown's Gas technology is not firmly enough in general use to prevent suppression by 'vested interest'. This single application is worth billions of dollars and can revolutionize the nuclear power generation industry.

And this site even tells us how.

What can BG do to help? To answer that you need to understand that the only effective radioactive neutralization protocol I currently know of, that uses BG, is to mix the radioactive material with approximately equal quantities of iron and aluminum (by volume) and heat the whole mixture to liquid (using a BG flame). When the mixture is hot enough it will explode... not like a bomb, more like a firecracker. Iron and aluminum make thermite (research thermite to learn the optimum quantities to use), and the BG provides the special transmutation energy. BG exhibits transmutative characteristics in other applications too, like processing ore. Most materials are radioactive because the electrons have been stripped off the molecules; the nucleus then ejects particles of various kinds (radioactivity) to try to 'balance' the 'weight' (and transmute to a lighter, glasslike, material). Somehow, the molecules are able to use the special energy in the BG to complete this transmutation in seconds (instead of millennia), when the material is molten and given the shock of the thermite explosion. So it's impractical to use BG, as far as I know, on anything that you don't want to destroy. The BG 'explodes' the material and does the neutralization during the explosion. You need to affect the material on an atomic level to neutralize the radioactivity. Also it's impractical to use BG on any material that isn't concentrated radioactive. It takes electrical power to make the BG, plus quantities of iron and aluminum to make the explosive reaction. Thus, BG works well to neutralize CONCENTRATED nuclear waste, like spent fuel rods or decommissioned warheads, but practically useless at remediation of radioactive materials that have dispersed into the general environment.

Is this information true? I don't know. The only way to find out is to test it, and i am a bit short on the main ingredient (spent fuel rods) at this particular time, and i don't think i'll have any anytime soon.

new topics

top topics

join