It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Wants Justice For 13 Year Old. Demands Release of Identities of the Cops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Anonymous is demanding that the Santa Rosa Police Department release the names of the shooters. They have discovered the names and identities of the officers that shot this boy for carrying a toy assault rifle. They have given the department 48 hours to release the information or they will.

I don't believe a word the cops say. I do not believe they told the boy to put the gun down. I would imagine that it went something like this: "Bang bang bang bang bang; Stop or I will shoot". You will not convince me otherwise.

No way a 13 year old defies cops with their guns drawn.

youtu.be...

Link

SAN FRANCISCO — The F.B.I. is investigating the fatal shooting of a 13-year-old boy by a sheriff’s deputy in Northern California'

A replica assault rifle that the teenager was carrying before being shot by sheriff’s deputies in Santa Rosa, Calif., on Tuesday.

The shooting of the boy, Andy Lopez, in Santa Rosa on Tuesday has generated protests, with many residents questioning the deputy’s decision to open fire.

The police say the teenager was carrying a pellet gun that looked like an AK-47 assault rifle.

A timeline released on Thursday by the Santa Rosa police shows that only 10 seconds passed from the moment the deputy and his partner called dispatch to report a suspicious person to the moment they called back to say shots had been fired.

edit on 27-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Not possible anymore to let our childrens play outside freely and calmy with a toy, without them getting killed.

NOTED.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It is becoming ridiculous, everyone makes a big deal out of the shootings that have been occurring more and more but most of the shootings are committed by cops and statistically they are 1/3rd more likely than anyone else to commit a murder.

When are we going to demand stricter hiring practices and extensive yearly psych evaluations for these guys.

We can't allow these men and women to continue murdering innocents and demanding military grade weaponry. These are the people we need to regulate.

Sad sad story.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Darolla

It is becoming ridiculous, everyone makes a big deal out of the shootings that have been occurring more and more but most of the shootings are committed by cops and statistically they are 1/3rd more likely than anyone else to commit a murder.

When are we going to demand stricter hiring practices and extensive yearly psych evaluations for these guys.

We can't allow these men and women to continue murdering innocents and demanding military grade weaponry. These are the people we need to regulate.

Sad sad story.

I think it's as simple as the police are supposed to be obligated to give their lives for the citizens they protect. There were a few decades where this was the case, and everyone mourned the loss of police life. They were heroes, protectors. They were revered. Because they deserved it.

They get hazard pay for a reason. People were afraid to be police officers because it was dangerous. Now, its more dangerous to be misunderstood by one. Pulling out a cell phone at the wrong time can get you killed.

*Oh, and btw, there are some out there still like the good ones of old. I have on in the family. Sadly, because of all the bad ones, someone might take out their anger on them because they lay blame for actions of others. So yes, I have a vested interest in my opinion, I would like to see the corrupt ones corralled out of the system so the good ones can get the recognition they deserve.
edit on 27-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Do toy guns in the states have a big orange painted bit at the front to show it is a toy? we have these in the uk.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes, the gun had an orange tip. I remember a story years ago in OC California. A latch key kid was at home and the cops came to the door. Saw him with a toy gun and shot him through the window and killed him. This kid was like 7 years old. All toy guns have an orange tip.

link   
Ugh... Publicize their names? Yeah... Why don't I get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the intent behind that demand for 'public information'?

The FBI is on the case now, and the FBI really makes a little game of collecting local police badges when they get called in on something high profile, and that could score the bureau political brownie points. This one sure has that potential. I wouldn't expect they'll be getting away with anything, if ever there was something to get away with.

I have a strong feeling we won't be left wondering as folks insure ATS is kept up to date in running coverage of this as it moves forward.

Good on that too. This case is so inflammatory to public passions, for obvious reasons, that however the investigation turns out? It has to be as thorough as it can possibly ever be. The public will stand for nothing less on this one. That's clear by now.

link   

boymonkey74
Do toy guns in the states have a big orange painted bit at the front to show it is a toy? we have these in the uk.

After the kid is dead and the cops remove or paint over the orange safety cap, no, no they don't. If this happened or didn't happen we don't know.

I guess there is always the possibility that the teen wanted to "suicide by cop" but then again, the former I mentioned is just as likely by a group of people who mow down a kid with bullets.
edit on 27-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I would like to know If the toy gun had one...and If so why didn't the cops see it?
Anyhow even If the cops names are given what are anonymous going to do?
I just hope If found that the cops acted disproportionately they get what is coming to them.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

GrantedBail

Yes, the gun had an orange tip. I remember a story years ago in OC California. A latch key kid was at home and the cops came to the door. Saw him with a toy gun and shot him through the window and killed him. This kid was like 7 years old. All toy guns have an orange tip.

Is there a source for this? The last article I read on the case the police were holding up an airsoft gun next to a legit AK showing how much they looked alike, and it seemed like the orange tip was removed.

The press conference reeked of desperation. "See, look what these damn 13 year old kids are running around with, them there cops though they took a wrong turn and wound up in Somalia.."

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am not advocating a public lynching by any means. But it is time that these people face their actions in a public way. The involvement of the FBI gives me no solace. They usually are there to assist in the cover-up.

Let them go into hiding. It is clear the boy was murdered in cold blood with a toy gun.

Let them go through the same type of public harassment and humiliation that other suspects that are being investigated for murder. Why should their badges protect them over another citizen.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

As an FYI, it was a 5yr old boy in Stanton, California. That happened in March, 1983 and the Officer almost ate his own gun in the aftermath. He went on to be a critical help to other cops facing the reality of having done something similar in the line of duty and developing PTSD.

A tragedy if ever there could be a case to show one.

The officer kicked the door open, finding the room illuminated only by the television. According to Sperl, a "figure" in the darkened room then pointed a gun at him, and the officer fired a single shot. Patrick Mason, clad in his T. J. Hooker police regalia, with his red plastic pistol nearby and a bullet in his neck, fell over in front of the television set. When Sperl rushed across the room to investigate, the dying boy grasped the officer's leg and looked up at him.
Source

The fact it almost totally destroyed the former cop that did that doesn't bring the kid back or do anything to bring that bullet back into his gun..but it does give a little context to how these things tend to destroy everyone close to them. Not always just the most obvious ones suffering, IMO.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are correct. I misspoke. I could have sworn I read that the gun did a couple of days ago. The gun did not have an orange tip:

Andy was carrying the gun in his left hand at his side as he was walking, Henry said. At a news conference Wednesday afternoon, Henry displayed the gun Andy was carrying alongside a real AK-47 assault rifle.

Andy’s gun had a thinner barrel that was 6 to 8 inches shorter than the real rifle and was colored differently but was missing the orange plastic tip that typical differentiates a fake gun from a real one.

Link

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I didn't recall the specific details of the case it has been decades. But I do remember the case as I lived rather close at the time.

I guess it was a tragedy all around. But I can't remember why the cops were called in the first place. I will have to go back and check.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Concerned neighbor on a welfare check is what brought him out. It's burned into my memory because my father, through a whole chain of circumstances, came to know and work with the cop out of that story many years later and in the the recovery/help aspect to other Officers. So, it's just a personal thing to have shared the context and detail on.

The Stanton shooting was definitely one of the formative cases for California and national law which followed over the years.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Two things (and I know to watch my tongue in this thread.)
1. Without the event being witnessed or recorded we will never know if anything these cops say is true. They are known to cover for each other.
2. The gun may HAVE had a tip before the "incident". The kid may have been listening to headphones.

I don't trust a single word the comes from the cops mouths. Period.
They shot a kid seven times who had a toy gun. Period.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

GrantedBail

www.nytimes.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Actual toy gun at the scene. Looks like the orange tip may have been removed so it does not appear to be present at all. Kids will do that because the orange tip makes them look less like the real thing. No orange tip--how are you going to know what you're looking at for sure? The other question I have is whether or not the boy dropped the gun when it was requested of him. Even if what you're carrying is a toy, if the police have weapons drawn on you and request that you drop your weapon, a little compliance can be the difference between life and death.

Here's the deal as I see it. You have toy gun manufacturers producing toy guns that look like the real thing with a removable orange tip on them to meet regulations that are intended to protect children from being shot. Even if the toy manufacturers make the orange tip unremovable, guess what happens? Some kids will paint that tip gun black. Again, defeats the purpose of the orange tip. These toy guns are apparently more popular than the ones that look like fakes because kids like to emulate grown ups/military/what have you. They're cool.

Thing is that, especially in this time period where you have had a lot of young men going off their rocker and opening fire, it can end up getting a kid killed. Especially if he doesn't drop the toy to let the officers identify it as being a toy. What if the kid had had a real gun and was walking towards the school with it? Would you want the police to think "ahh, it's just a kid with a toy gun" in that scenario, too?

My deepest condolences to the kid's family.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Personally, I think the cops told the story like this to cover their own butts. I hope their names, and identities are released to the public. Then maybe we can see some real justice come out of this.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

According to reports it was a pellet gun, which doesn't require a plastic tip on it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by WhiteAlice

According to reports it was a pellet gun, which doesn't require a plastic tip on it.

While I'm glad that the owner of the pellet gun didn't remove the orange tip, the fact that the manufacturing of said guns don't have the same requirement of said orange tip is actually even sadder. Any toy that replicates a gun should have a very clear identifier that it is, in fact, a toy. However, I suppose even that could be abused as a real gun could theoretically be modified to impersonate a toy. After all, I've seen pink rifles and whatnot, which I also think is the epitome of stupidity as it simply further blurs the lines between a real weapon and a toy.

At the end of the day, I suppose, it comes down to if you have a weapon out and the police request you to drop your weapon, common sense should prevail and the "weapon" should be dropped unless one intends to duke it out with police.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join