It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran help please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Negative - God Does Not Love The ... (22 times)

There may be a (linguistic) Arabic preference for the negative to state an opposite. While the following do not state that God hates, it certainly enforces the idea that the love of God is withheld from those who practice certain deeds or are described as manifesting a certain character. Several of the verses are repetitious.

1. God does not love the al-mua'tadeen Those involved in brutal aggression. Those who are overstepping the boundaries or limits.

2:190 Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors [la uhibb al-mua'tadeen]

5:90 O ye who Believe! Make not unlawful the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, but commit no excess: For Allah loveth not those given to excess [la uhibb al-mua'tadeen]

7:55 Call on your Lord with humility and in private: For Allah loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds. [la uhibb al-mua'tadeen]

2. God does not love the al-fasideen, the corrupt.

2:205 When he turns his back, his aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah loveth [hubb] not mischief. [alfsad]

5:67 The Jews say: "Allah's hand is tied up." Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for the (blasphemy) they utter. Nay, both His hands are widely outstretched: He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. Amongst them We have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgement. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it; but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth [hubb] not those who do mischief [al-mufasideen]

28:77 "But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: But do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: For Allah loves [hubb] not those who do mischief." [al-mufasideen]

The word al-mufasideen is actually much stronger than the translation of "Mischief," by the translator. The Arabic word conveys the stronger idea of corruption, decay, and decomposition. In the moral sense it becomes depravity, iniquity, perversion and in today's usage implies immorality.

3. God loves not the al-kafireen, the unbelievers.

In the following verse, the intensive form of the word is used to indicate one who is an inveterate unbeliever. One who practices the rejection of truth. The use of ungrateful falls short of the intensive meaning of the Arabic word.

2:276 Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth [hubb] not creatures ungrateful and wicked. [kul kffar]

3:32 Say: "Obey Allah and His Apostle": But if they turn back, Allah loveth [hubb] not those who reject Faith. [al kafireen]

30:45 That He may reward those who believe and work righteous deeds, out of His Bounty. For He loves [hubb] not those who reject Faith. [al-kafireen]

4. God loves not the ad-dalemeen, the wrongdoers.

The word is related to darkness, gloominess and by extension to the heinous oppressor, the unjust tyrant. Thus the one who practices wrong.

3:57 "As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will pay them (in full) their reward; but Allah loveth [hubb] not those who do wrong." [ad-dalemeen]

3:140 If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) we give to men and men by turns: That Allah may know those that believe and that He may take to Himself from your ranks martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth [hubb] not those that do wrong. [ad-dalemeen]

42:40 The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): But if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: For [Allah] loveth [hubb] not those who do wrong. [ad-dalemeen]

5. God loves not the musarifeen, the wasters.

6:141 It is He who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds, and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): Eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: For Allah loveth [hubb] not the wasters [al-musarifeen]

7:31 O Children of Adam! Wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: Eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for Allah loveth [hubb] not the wasters. [al-musarifeen]

6. God loves not the boaster.

31:18 "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth [hubb] not any arrogant boaster. [kul mkhtal fkhur]
57:23 In order that ye may not despair over matters that pass you by, nor exult over favors bestowed upon you. For Allah loveth [hubb] not any vainglorious boaster, -- [kul mkhtal fkhur]

4:36 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good -- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are near, neighbors who are strangers, the Companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth [hubb] not the arrogant, the vainglorious; -- [mkhtalan fkhur]

7. God loves not the proud and boasting.

16:23 Undoubtedly Allah doth know what they conceal, and what they reveal: Verily He loveth [hubb] not the arrogant. [al-mustakibereen]
8. God loves not those who boast in their riches.

28:76 Qarun was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: Such were the treasures We had bestowed on him, that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men. Behold, his people said to him: "Exult not, for Allah loveth [hubb] not those who exult (in riches). [al-fraheen]

9. God loves not the treacherous.

8:58 If thou fearest treachery from any group, throw back (their Covenant) to them, (so as to be) on equal terms: For Allah loveth [hubb] not the treacherous. [al-kha'ineen]

10. God does not love those who are given to crime and to evil speaking.

4:107 Contend not on behalf of such as betray their own souls; for Allah loveth [hubb] not one given to perfidy and crime.

4:148 Allah loveth [hubb] not that evil should be noised abroad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He who heareth and knoweth all things.

I wonder how Allah really feels about George W Bush. As Allah is "all-seeing and all-knowing", and as George W Bush is a complete fake in his Christianity, the issue is elevated a few steps beyond the wrath that Allah might inflict on the kinds of miscreants who get put in the categories above.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
KAOSKTRL, you hijacked my avatar!

There are so many jokes I could make right now, but I don't wanna get a warning

Anyways, care to back your one-liners up with some quotes?
I don't really know what are you refering to.
I was talking about similarities between the concept of Yahweh and Allah in terms of giving out divine love to people. They both smite the unbelievers regulary through history, and their blessing and love are conditional, depends on whether one follows God's commandments or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
indeed I did you should see what im doing to the paperclips here at the house!!

www.road-to-heaven.com...

9.1. Freedom from (all) obligations (is declared) from All�h and His Messenger () to those of the Mushrik�n (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of All�h), with whom you made a treaty.

66.2. All�h has already ordained for you (O men), the dissolution of your oaths. And All�h is your Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.) and He is the All-Knower, the All-Wise.

5.41. O Messenger (Muhammad )! Let not those who hurry to fall into disbelief grieve you, of such who say: "We believe" with their mouths but their hearts have no faith. And of the Jews are men who listen much and eagerly to lies - listen to others who have not come to you. They change the words from their places; they say, "If you are given this, take it, but if you are not given this, then beware!" And whomsoever All�h wants to put in Al�Fitnah [error, because of his rejecting the Faith], you can do nothing for him against All�h. Those are the ones whose hearts All�h does not want to purify (from disbelief and hypocrisy); for them there is a disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a great torment.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
oh dear....
KAOSKTRL, do you have some random qur'an quotes generator?

Can you explain in your own words, using more then one sentence, what those verses are supposed to prove?

The first one you quoted tells a story that happened during the life of mohammad about treaties with idolworshippers he was fighting at that time around Mecca and how mohammad should uphold them if the pagans do it too.

Here is the whole part, and a more accurate translation:

"9:1 A (declaration) of immunity from God and His Apostle, to those of the Pagans with whom ye have contracted mutual alliances:
9:2 Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate God (by your falsehood) but that God will cover with shame those who reject Him
9:3 And an announcement from God and His Apostle, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that God and His Apostle dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate God. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith
9:4 (But the treaties are) not dissolved with those Pagans with whom ye have entered into alliance and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor aided any one against you. So fulfil your engagements with them to the end of their term: for God loveth the righteous."

Why in the world did you quote 66:2, and how does that relate to my question of comparsion of Yahweh and Allah, I do not know. You will have to elaborate on that one a bit more.

Verse 5:41 you quoted is a typical example of God's will and how it is forbidden for Muslims to opose it. Meaning, if Allah meant for someone to be unbeliever, let him be. Show him the word of God, tell him about it, but if he rejects it, then his fate is in hands of Allah, not men.
It also shows another typical aspect of islamic belief, that basicaly everything is already set, it only unfolds itself by the will of Allah. You will find many different versions of explanation of this predestined view of humanity, some are literal, some are more mystical. The same can be found in Christianity too. In the Bible, Revelations tell about the event that will happen, hence it is predestined, together with the fate of all people who will live in those times. Where does that leave the free will, etc, etc.

A more acurate translation of the verse in question:

5:41 "O Apostle! let not those grieve thee, who race each other into unbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith; or it be among the Jews,- men who will listen to any lie,- will listen even to others who have never so much as come to thee. They change the words from their (right) times and places: they say, "If ye are given this, take it, but if not, beware!" If any one's trial is intended by God, thou hast no authority in the least for him against God. For such - it is not God's will to purify their hearts. For them there is disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a heavy punishment."

Again, what are you exactly talking about?
Because you seem to go around several different issues without explaining them.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hope yopu loke the New Avatar .
I just happen to have been studying Isalm for the last three years
I read the Quran every day.
Its a horrible book.
But I repected Islam enough to begin looking into to it after hearing Islam has been twisted and hijacked about 300 times.

So I know what Im talking about and I have stepped out side the game I dont lie from Islam but I willl defeand it against defamtion.

Its a brilliant doctrine that encouhges muslims to lie so islam can spread it is based on the Quran and hadith .
The specific Quotesare self revealing when read it is a plain spoken book with out guile.The Quotes address a different approuch to life than was expected from people before Mohammed.

I encourage everyone to read the Quran and Al sira

www.onlineislamicstore.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join