It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RatZilla Captured In China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sorry mods, please move or delete but I couldn´t resist post this news here in RATS fórum, lol

It`s a 1m Long 5kg Giant Rat

Chinese farmers capture metre-long 5kg rat that had been terrorising villagers and break two knives trying to cut it up to eat
The monstrous rodent, weighing ten times that of the average rat, had been terrorising villagers in Shaoyang, China

It was first spotted devouring 3kg fish whole from a local pond

Farmers broke two knives trying to cut the rat up to eat

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Can you imagine seeing that thing running out from under your bed? Holy Mary

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Yep, LOL ..... Is it me or rats are getting bigger and bigger ?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
broke 2 knives when trying to cut up?

the hell kind of knives were these... i mean any creature can be cut up with most knives lol

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

It`s a cyborg rat, lol

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You have not seen a wharf rat (Rattus norvegicus), They can reach 16 inches in length. Norway rats average 16 inches in length and weigh over a pound. The ones I saw by the river didn't weigh any measly pound. Darn things were the size of a dog!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
that looks like a nutria or river rat. they have them in the U.S. and not uncommon to be seen in the swamps and bayous of the south.

according to this wiki they are found over many place in the world.

The coypu (from the Mapudungun, koypu),[2][3] (Myocastor coypus), also known as the river rat, [4] and nutria,[1][5] is a large, herbivorous, semiaquatic rodent and the only member of the family Myocastoridae. Originally native to subtropical and temperate South America, it has since been introduced to North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa, primarily by fur ranchers.[6] Although it is still valued for its fur in some regions, its destructive feeding and burrowing behaviors make this invasive species a pest throughout most of its range.
Coypu

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

16 inches is about 40 cm long isn`t it ? ....Very big as well but still less than half the size of this one

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

i would have had a heart attack and immediately drop dead

that rat is on steroids

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Master Splinter!!!! Sorry, couldn't help myself....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What about the giant rat of Sumatra ?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Yes, could be a muskrat. But the sickest thing about the post, and about threads of other animals, is somebody in their home countries always wants to eat them.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i think it is a nutria,

this from the wiki i posted.

Three distinguishing features are a white patch on the muzzle, webbed hind feet, and large, bright orange-yellow incisors.

then look at the right hand bottom corner of the video preview screen.

see the orange yellow teeth.

ETA: also if you scroll to :24sec mark in the video, the rear feet appear to be webbed
edit on 25-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You beat me to it!

I know people that trap them and sell their meat and hides to the fish market- and people do buy it and eat it. You can buy fresh raccoon there as well as rabbit, alligator, crawfish, squirrel meat and any sort of fish you can imagine. Fact is stranger than fiction...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Have you ever heard of trench rats? During WW1 many times the trenches soldiers fought in became their graves along with food scraps that had been discarded. Rats infested the trenches they also grew to enormous sizes. Sometimes they would become brazin and try to eat resting soldiers. The diseases they could carry made them just as dangerous as bullets. There were reports of rats the size of large dogs.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

WOW, incredible !

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

If I remember correctly, didn't the Louisiana government encourage people to hunt and eat nutria rats? I recall them having an over population and tried to convince people they were good to eat, hence the name "nutria" as in "nutritious".

No thanks, I'm good...

edit on 25-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah, it looks like a nutria. We have some around here. OTOH, nutria are fine eating.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They Ate it...Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

OK - so this is one thread I didn't need to see/read today...

Thanks?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join