It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man lets a 20 foot snake swallow his leg in order to hunt it....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
An unusual hunting technique. The man in the video washes his leg, wraps it in cloth and dangles it into a snake burrow. After a while the snake takes the bait and tries to swallow his leg. His friends pull his leg out of the burrow and kill the snake..

Do not try this at home..

edit on 25-10-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
My goodness that is a big darn snake. I can't imagine sitting there, all calm, knowing this is going to happen! He is very brave! At least his friend make him comfortable!

That would be a lot of meat for them though, and a very simple hunting technique.
Reminds me of the guys that catch the monster catfish, with their hand.
No thank you!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That's a shame. Poor snake. I was actually rooting for the snake!!! Cool video!!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I do not like seeing animals die.. Peeps have to eat though...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
African Rock Pythons are mean suckers! They can also eat Thompson's gazelle-sized critters. I remember seeing this technique on a documentary when I was youngish. I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do to get food over the fire.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. This brings to light, What some have to do, To get a decent meal. I wont take for granted, Now, When I go to grab some GMO groceries, At my local market.

S&F

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
For those of you down Everglades way ... this might come in handy if SHTF and you ever need to figure out how to get a meal. There are plenty of obscenely large pythons crawling around in those swamps. And they don't belong there so they're breeding out of control. You don't have to feel at all guilty about killing and eating them.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Don't think he has a leg to stand on

What a way to earn a living. What if he makes a mistake and gets a poisonous snake that bites him?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What if the snake had been quick & pulled him down into the burrow before his friends were able to drag him, and his leg, out? This has to be one of the most insane methods of hunting that I've ever seen!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

I read somewhere that if a snake is trying to eat you the best thing to do is give it an arm or a leg. The snake will try and swallow it and only get so far up before it has to spit you out again. After a few times the snake might get tired and give up.. I would not want to try it though..

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
good thing i will not need survival training in africa
Ya know, if food is that scarce that ya have to risk a body part
at the expense of your friends,. well,. its time to move

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I dunno Bro, methinks my frank and beans would be awe bit too close to said snake hole, what if there were several tiny snakes in there???
I think the guys in the video were desperate though, did you see them garnish their buddy with the salad?
Maybe he was next if the whole snake thing didn't work out.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Looks fake..........REALLY FAKE. The snake is not even moving.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

The snake looked pretty real to me..

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

awesome. at first i thought fake. then they show it wiggling around without a head

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Don't they use teeth/fangs to push the part of the body further into their body? Wouldn't that be like a hypodermic needle on a snake that large?

top topics

join