It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sea Is Broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Our Oceans Are Dying

The ocean, a vast mystery that surrounds us is the very foundation of human life covering 140 million square miles. The quality of air people breathe is dependent on our oceans including the climate and the weather. We have yet to understand the intimate relationship between the oceans and the atmosphere in creating the very climate that surrounds our beautiful planet. What is clear is that they are intimately related in creating our climate.

Is there anything that our oceans don't influence? No. The ocean is the very foundation of our human life and yet we live a life ignoring it's vital importance. We as a human race have relied on the abundance of oceanic life for nourishment and survival in order to proliferate ourselves. We have used it as a resource sadly for trade, commerce, wealth and economic resource advantage. We have used it for adventure, discovery and to obtain the knowledge of the heavens for navigation and a deeper understanding of the world itself.

As a species the majority of the world lives no more than 200 miles from the sea. In 1982 United Nations Convention created a Law of the Sea to help regulate the use of the oceans for all nations. Yet our oceans are dying and what once was a plentiful universe therein now is a hauntingly barren world.

Our oceans are dying people and no one seems to be doing anything about this. Humanity is not banning together or even aware of this devastating situation that impacts every last one of us.

The Sea is Broken: I read this article with a stream of others in what seemed to be one confirmation after the other regarding the state of our sea world.

So here we are living on terra firma without the knowledge of the sea around us and the truth of the state it is in while it struggles to survive. Not only are we using our oceans up as a resource without regard we are impacting the oceans with our CO2 and went beyond the point of return with Fukushima and the nuclear radiation that continues it's hidden deadly genocide agenda of not only the ocean but of the impact on humanity. Coupled with the amount of carbon dioxide that the world's oceans are taking in more and more by the day, the oceans are becoming more acidic and we are pushing our oceans beyond critical thresh holds and beyond what is repairable. We are entering extinction not only of marine life and vast ecosystems within our oceans but also in how that will impact humanity and our own survival.

If our oceans die then we die!

www.smh.com.au...

www.washingtonsblog.com...

enenews.com... ilage-in-head-spleens-swollen-livers-spotted-some-with

enenews.com... -sharks-birds-saw-one-whale-it-appeared-to-be-hel

regator.com...

Our connection to the oceans that surround us is one of 'life', dependence and 'survival'. We live intimately bound to it and most don't even realize or understand this. We desperately need to wake up to the facts of what is really happening to our entire planet and how we are impacting the destruction of the only planet we have to live on.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm not an alarmist, but I think about this almost daily.

I live on the coast and here it's still mostly clean...or cleanish, but I have watched for over 30 years how the tide is turning against the ocean and us ultimately.

I find it strange sometimes how we can understand out growing our resources but not really "know" it on a community or world basis. Sad really.

And the oceans weep.

Praying for cleaner days,

And cheers to you I'm not moved to thought often.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
in the video Fukushima Update, Pacific Ocean is Dying, I was agreeing with it until I saw that it listed Polar Bears as one of the casualties. Do we really have Polar Bears in the Pacific? My knowledge of Polar Bears is limited, but I did not think they lived in the Pacific. Or do they mean that the nuclear fallout is traveling so far that it is going to get to the Polar Bears?

I am, however, very fearful of the on-going and spreading effects of this, on top of the BP-Gulf-Corexit disaster, which is wiping and contaminating our sea life and seafood.

It is now getting to the stage that I examine the origins of all fish that I buy now, especially shellfish.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i think the world maybe just starting to open its eyes to how important the oceans are to us but also maybe opening them too late,we know the oceans control our weather and the extremes we,r getting all over the world at the moment maybe the sign that we,ve left it too late to change anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I do believe this will be traveling and affecting not only our water table but all of us eventually. We on the West Coast are especially in danger.

As per the polar bears that is all speculation for now yet some things are just obvious even though 'they' are doing everything to NOT inform us. We are all being poisoned and we will see the mass extinctions first in our oceans but it will catch up to us all it is just a matter of time.

www.collapsingintoconsciousness.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The ocean is NOT broken. Stop with all this alarmist crap!!!

People still swim in it and fish still breed and swim in it.
Your op states that we dont yet understand how the ocean works, so how can you claim its broken!

The only thing wrong is the constant biased reporting that favours the climate change crowd.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

VoidHawk

Your op states that we dont yet understand how the ocean works, so how can you claim its broken!

The only thing wrong is the constant biased reporting that favors the climate change crowd.

I think you are responding without reading up on all the information available. It is not just the effects of the Fukushima disaster that is ongoing but the CO2 and the fact that we are literally raping the ocean for profit without trying to sustain it not to mention oil spills etc etc.....

It is a combination of disastrous elements that in the end are causing its destruction. We are not just talking about one factor in how it is being impacted but rather several that are all out of control.

Canadian marine biologist scientists are also being silenced and have been now for a few years from publishing or making their various studies known to the media. The publicity on what they have been discovering has literally been purposely silenced and that 'silencing' continues.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Egyptia
I think you are responding without reading up on all the information available.

Reading up on information available is THE problem!!
People should learn to use their own eyes and common sense, but instead they let others tell them how it is.
If we could find a hidden tribe that had never come into contact with modern man and the media, and we asked them what they thought about climate change etc, I bet they'd laugh their butts off.
edit on 24-10-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

VoidHawk

The only thing wrong is the constant biased reporting that favours the climate change crowd.
i don,t think just cause people can still swim in it and fish still breed as the oceans are not broken,scientists have been telling us for last few years that the extremes in weather are down to the jet streams and the fact its the oceans changing,now if your an expert then i,ll listen to your arguments on it.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Didn't we have a thread earlier this week titled "the ocean is broken".....Lets see if i can locate it

Found it

Ocean is broken
edit on 24-10-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I had no idea.....I did the search with my title only and did not find anything when I did it.
Apologies.

However, I find the message worth repeating.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Egyptia
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I do believe this will be traveling and affecting not only our water table but all of us eventually.

yup totally agree, we have not started to see the real effects of Fukushima yet.

We on the West Coast are especially in danger.

Yes I do believe you are, and I seriously feel for you all.

As per the polar bears that is all speculation for now yet some things are just obvious even though 'they' are doing everything to NOT inform us.

Yes agreed again, the polar bears are speculation, but there is a huge amount of damage being done through depleted uranium weaponry which will not subside for many many years. Just another poison to our general humanitarian garden of survival.

We are all being poisoned and we will see the mass extinctions first in our oceans but it will catch up to us all it is just a matter of time.

yes indeed, from aerosol spraying to deep underground fracking, from aspartame to GM. Our whole planet is being poisoned, and the biggest issue for our large companies is to charge extra for our poly bags to take home our goods in the name of 'being green' ...... sheeeesh!

www.collapsingintoconsciousness.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Egyptia
reply to post by jhn7537

I had no idea.....I did the search with my title only and did not find anything when I did it.
Apologies.

However, I find the message worth repeating.

Some of the sources are different and you're talking about the sea not the ocean, so you're good

And I definitely agree this is a subject that needs much more attention, not just on ATS, but around the world. They need to understand the severity of what's going on to our ocean.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
An update from Leuren Moret on Fukushima Radiation

Please also refer to ZakOlongapo's thread which has great information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-10-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join