It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me believe in god

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

SyrioForel
reply to post by James1982

It's quite obvious Earth and humanity weren't created by a God, this is proven.

If it was proven you wouldnt have agnostics.
There is no proof either way. And in fact, science would support intelligent design of at least some kind.

DNA is biological programming, the complexity of cells is amazing, just like little factories.
The universal constants like the speed of light and the Golden Ratio suggest an order in the perceived chaos.
In fact the universe isnt chaos at all, its a program with a decent random number generator.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmTue, 29 Oct 2013 15:18:14 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When did you forget about God is the question...

Think back to early childhood. Who taught you "not" to believe??

University of Oxford Study:

Humans 'predisposed' to believe in gods and the afterlife

www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2011/110513.html
www.ox.ac.uk...

Studies by Emily Reed Burdett and Justin Barrett, from the University of Oxford, suggest that children below the age of five find it easier to believe in some superhuman properties than to understand similar human limitations. Children were asked whether their mother would know the contents of a box in which she could not see. Children aged three believed that their mother and God would always know the contents, but by the age of four, children start to understand that their mothers are not all-seeing and all knowing. However, children may continue to believe in all-seeing, all-knowing supernatural agents, such as a god or gods.
Experiments involving adults, conducted by Jing Zhu from Tsinghua University (China), and Natalie Emmons and Jesse Bering from The Queen’s University, Belfast, suggest that people across many different cultures instinctively believe that some part of their mind, soul or spirit lives on after-death. The studies demonstrate that people are natural 'dualists' finding it easy to conceive of the separation of the mind and the body.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

OneManArmy

SyrioForel
reply to post by James1982

It's quite obvious Earth and humanity weren't created by a God, this is proven.

If it was proven you wouldnt have agnostics.
There is no proof either way. And in fact, science would support intelligent design of at least some kind.

DNA is biological programming, the complexity of cells is amazing, just like little factories.
The universal constants like the speed of light and the Golden Ratio suggest an order in the perceived chaos.
In fact the universe isnt chaos at all, its a program with a decent random number generator.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmTue, 29 Oct 2013 15:18:14 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

You're right, but as I said in an other comment, I made a wrong formulation. In that comment, I said that I meant that Earth wasn't created by God 4000 years ago, but it arose billion's of years ago as a result of the Big Bang. But indeed, I was wrong saying that it is proven that neither Earth and humanity weren't created by God, my apologies.
edit on 30-10-2013 by SyrioForel because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2013 by SyrioForel because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join