It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doodling in math class - Dragon Dungeons (Fractal fans?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
First time I saw this girls videos, not sure if it's been posted. Description? Yeah, math, not my thing maybe someone can help!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My God... I would give a kidney to be able to understand math like that. She should be a tutor though because she does break it down better than my daughter's teachers. We didn't learn this stuff when I was in school so she comes home and I can not help her with something like this. We went up to pre-algebra and stopped. She is in 10th grade taking geometry.

I am going to share this with her and since she is always more interested in her own doodling than her school work, she should like it. Thanks for sharing.

edit on 10/23/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Now THIS is how math should be taught.
Brilliant.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Correct and funny. Don't overplay it as complicated. It's not like we are trying to calculate the perimeter of an ellipse here. All the surfaces are straight. But it does put a smile on my face.

Mike

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wow, i'm kinda mindblown by that. Very, very cool vid - but i wish i could slow her down a bit.

Totally gonna do some of her fractal sketching with my little dude, he'll love it. I mean, who doesnt want to know how to draw better dragons?
edit on 24-10-2013 by skalla because: cnat sepll mnd

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks for that, Boncho. Now i have my felt tips out and a stack of paper and i'm making pretty patterns like a five year old on crack and acid. Woot!

ETA: the glitter pens are next
edit on 24-10-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

join