It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt: The Search for Bin Laden, MUST Watch!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Like i say in the title the above video is must watch, at least in my humble opinion, for anyone who is interested in the CIA's hunt for Bin Laden.

Most who are skeptical of the offical narrative of the hunt for Bin Laden might disagree with much of this documentary but I would encourage even the most skeptical mind to watch it.

The documentary is based on the book "Man Hunt" by Peter Bergen (one of the most eminent experts on Al-Qa'ida) who along with other experts features in the film along with numerous CIA officers, including the analysts of the "Alec station", the head of the counterterrorims center and the former head of the CIA and member of US Special forces such as Stanley McCrystal.

The documentary charts the efforts of the CIA to eliminate Bin Laden from before 9/11 up until his eventual death but it also discuses other issues such as the use of torture, the role of women in the CIA, the practice of "targeted killings" and the capture of other Al-Qa'ida members. It is by no means a absolute full history of the work of the CIA in hunting Bin Laden but it does provide a excellent overview for a film a little over a hour and a half. My only slight criticism is that it is short on details of the raid itself however despite this it is still the best documentary i have seen on the topic.

It is well worth taking the time to watch.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
He wasn't the enemy of American people was he? I'm pretty sure he was an asset at first, turning eventually as he saw our globalization affecting his hard line religious leaders. He attacked us overseas! The FBI never accused Bin Laden of 911 and we never hunted him so why watch a docudrama when it was all a lie?

It would be good for folks share it on FB as you have to ease them into the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by research3300

He wasn't the enemy of American people was he?

He was and if you watch the video its quite clear he was the enemy of America a long time before 9/11 and not a "asset" as you put it.

The FBI never accused Bin Laden of 911 and we never hunted him so why watch a docudrama when it was all a lie?

No but he was wanted for the 1998 embassy bombings and if you read the indictment of KSM, Bin Laden is mentioned in it multiple times in relation to the 9/11 attacks.

It would be good for folks share it on FB as you have to ease them into the truth.

This is the problem i have with people like you, you are so closed minded that you refuse to expose yourself to something which may challenge your views. I regularly seek out literature and documentaries that challenge my world views with a open mind, it is a fantastic way to learn something new or to enforce pre-existing beliefs. Yet you are unwilling to have your views challenged and thats why your not watching this video because it will create a difficult cognitive dissonance for your closed mind to have be forced to deal with (actually you will probably just ignore the video even if you do watch it).

Attitudes like yours breed ignorance.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sure, I'll gladly watch a documentary, made with the help of the CIA, about how the CIA hunted down and killed Bin Laden.

"Zero Dark Thirty", now there's a piece of journalistic wonder and merit. Factual to the last drop, and not at all occluded.

Winning sides *always* publish their version of the story.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Thanks for posting... I will watch it tomorrow.

As you know, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh says that the raid which killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011 is “one big lie” and that “not one word” of the Obama administration’s narrative on what happened is true.

unspy.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

As you know, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh says that the raid which killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011 is “one big lie” and that “not one word” of the Obama administration’s narrative on what happened is true.

No actually that is not true.

This article was amended on 1 October 2013. The original text stated that Hersh sold a story about the My Lai massacre to the New York Times for $5,000 when in fact it was the Times of London. Hersh has pointed out that he was in no way suggesting that Osama bin Laden was not killed in Pakistan , as reported, upon the president's authority: he was saying that it was in the aftermath that the lying began.

Link

Again, he did not actually say he believed that Bin Laden was not killed rather that he believed that after the operation the administration then lied. I think both sides would agree that this is what happened for example lying about Bin Laden being armed when he was shot and some variations on other details.

But no, Hersh, does believe that Bin Laden was killed during the events of operation Neptune spear.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
At the end of the day, we are quite literally at the mercies of the winning party.

In this case, the US Gov't and it's lapdog, the CIA.

Don't know about you, but I don't find either of them rather trustworthy,

Therefore, I am rather unlikely to "believe" much of *anything* they have to say on the matter. Particularly when they are SO involved in making sure their side of the story is accurately presented, to their liking, in almost any movie or story printed.

So, believe what you want.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I wrote: "Sy Hearch said: the raid which killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011
is 'one big lie' and that 'not one word' of the narrative is true."

This remains factually correct.

OtherSideOfTheCoin: "No actually that is not true."

Okay, you're right. But so am I.

The Guardian did change the article in question (see here)

They added a brief footnote correcting two factual errors in the article
and then explaining Sy Hersh didn't really mean what (they reported) he
had said. In other words, he did say what he said. However, SH did not
want to leave an impression he had not intended. Okay, I got it.

* Hersh has pointed out that he was in no way suggesting that Osama bin Laden was not killed in Pakistan, as reported, upon the president's authority: he was saying that it was in the aftermath that the lying began

Sy Hersh was referencing the contradictory claims by actual participants
in the raid, the government, and Pakistan. He's just making an objectively
true statement. While Hersh may believe Osama Bin Laden was in fact killed,
if true, that would be the only fact correctly reported regarding that raid.

I said, IF true.... doubts about bin Laden's death were fueled by the
U.S. military's disposal of his body at sea, the decision to not release any
photographic or DNA evidence of bin Laden's death to the public, and then
there are the contradicting accounts of the incident (with the official story
on the raid appearing to change or directly contradict previous assertions).

Plus there was a 25-minute blackout during the raid on bin Laden's
compound during which a live feed from cameras mounted on the
helmets of the U.S. special forces was cut off. The White House
initially claimed that “situation room” photos showed Obama watching
the raid live when in fact there was a blackout on the live feed.

Neighbors in the immediate area surrounding the compound said with
absolute certainty that they had never seen Bin Laden and that they
knew of no evidence whatsoever to suggest he lived there.

The primary source of skepticism about the U.S. government's story
has been its own refusal to provide any physical evidence to substantiate
its claim. Though the Abbottabad raid has been described in great detail
by U.S. officials, no physical evidence constituting actual proof of his death
has been offered to the public, neither to journalists nor to independent
third parties who have requested this information through the Freedom
of Information Act.

It appears to me that the raid in Pakistan was little more than a stunt.
Numerous analysts have claimed that Bin Laden has in fact been dead
for years after it became clear that his health was in severe decline as
a result of kidney disease at the end of 2001.

edit on 24-10-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Look at you all cute and adorable.......

*don't tell the kid santa's not real*

"But it is a documentary based on book based on what the CIA says......."

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

Sy Hersh was referencing the contradictory claims by actual participants in the raid, the government, and Pakistan.

Very true, but he is saying that he does believe that Bin Laden was killed in the raid.

Plus there was a 25-minute blackout during the raid on bin Laden's compound during which a live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the U.S. special forces was cut off

No the live feed came from a Sentinel Drone above the compound, the guys did not have headcams, it was a story that just seemed to gain momentum at the time of the raid but it was in fact untrue.

Neighbors in the immediate area surrounding the compound said with absolute certainty that they had never seen Bin Laden and that they knew of no evidence whatsoever to suggest he lived there.

Emm....

That is kinda the point in hiding, he did not advertise that he lived in the compound.

The primary source of skepticism about the U.S. government's story has been its own refusal to provide any physical evidence to substantiate its claim.

There is a very good reason for not making the photo public, mainly that it would become the picture seen on every bit of Al-Qa'ida propaganda for years to come. Even if they did make it public then the boards will be full of people claiming it was photoshoped

for years after it became clear that his health was in severe decline as a result of kidney disease at the end of 2001.

That is not true.

its a myth.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Peter (CIA\CNN) Berger I think, strangely, was one of the inside journalist to get to interview Bin Laden when no one could find him.

I don’t trust him at all.

I think he is a mouth piece propagandist for the CIA view in media pretending to be an inside journalist.

I read his book. It is the official CIA story for the public, imo.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I have read all his books and I have to say i disagree with you entirely that he is some kind of CIA stooge, he is a highly respected journalist and Al-Qa'ida expert and I have never seen any proof he is some kind of CIA asset or anything that "debunks" this video.

Abdel Bari Atwan also interviewed Bin Laden when "no one else could find him" during 1996 (at the time of the CNN interview in 1998 he was not a high priority) so is he also a CIA stooge, the same could be said of Robert Frisk .
edit on 26-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

'MURICA!

GOD BLESS DUBYA, GOD BLESS OBAYMA, GOD BLESS THE U S OF A AND GOD BLESS 9/11!!! Wait what?

edit on 26-10-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I find this to be interesting:

When Osama Bin Ladin Was Tim Osman - J. Orlin Grabbe

...in the late Spring of 1986.... the other man.... was a 27-year-old Saudi. Tim Osman (Ossman) has recently become better known as Osama Bin Ladin. “Tim Osman” was the name assigned to him by the CIA for his tour of the U.S. and U.S. military bases, in search of political support and armaments.... There is some evidence that Tim Osman and Ralph Oldberg visited the White House. There is certainty that Tim Osman toured some U.S. military bases, even receiving special demonstrations of the latest equipment. Why hasn't this been reported in the major media? ...Isn’t it time to quit pretending Osama Bin Ladin came out of nowhere?

Anagrams for: Timothy Ossman:

This Not My Osama
Myth Omits A Son
My Oath Not Ism
Sit Moot Shy Man

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I still cant believe that a "caveman" from Afghanistan could do all "that" (9/11) to the greatest "superpower" ( USA ) that ever existed. Something just doesn't add up.

Either the USA is not a superpower the MSM have portrayed it to be for the last few decades, or this whole thing is a lie.

Which one is it ?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

That is very much off topic and the whole "tim osman" thing has been debunked

www.911myths.com...

would be good if we could discuss the content of the video.

top topics

join