It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder: make every cop a SWAT cop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Holder's answer to active shooter events is to push police militarization to the next level and equip every beat cop like they're Judge Dredd.

"In order to prevent additional casualties, it is often patrol officers -- not necessarily SWAT teams -- who serve as the tip of the spear in responding to these incidents," he said. "That's why all law enforcement officers must have the best equipment and most up-to-date training to confront these situations. We owe these officers nothing less."
officer.com

Keep in mind that crime across the board is hovering around all-time lows and events the type of which he speaks, despite media hysteria, are unicorn rare.

Let's not make soft targets more secure. Let's not free up the people to defend themselves. Instead let's put more AR's and armored vehicles in the hands of cops all across the USA. Because cops are great and never do stupid things like fire at squirrels in the Dollar Store or shoot kids holding cell phones or write crazy manifestos and lead their buddies on interstate chases. A little more training would fix those problems anyway so let's tool up the meter readers.

Maybe Officer Bob should look more like this:

That'll keep us all safe.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

So using Holders logic and with the amount of incidents where cops have shot and killed people, whom didn't pose an imminent threat to themselves or others, could it not also be said, "The average law abiding citizen whom is exposed to corrupt police should possess weapons, because they are the "tip of the spear" when it comes to fighting corrupt law enforcement officials"?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Absolutely! The beat cops arent first on scene. The real first responders are the people who happen to be there at the moment of incident.

So Holder, where's my federal grant for a Bearcat, body armor and an AR?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I just finished reading a Yahoo! column: The militarization of U.S. police forces I'm a firm believer that our Peace officers should not resemble military forces.

The growing similarity between our domestic police forces and the U.S. military is a result of the Pentagon's 1033 Program. This allows the Defense Department to donate surplus military equipment and weapons to law enforcement agencies. In addition to the frightening presence of paramilitary weapons in American towns, the program has led to rampant fraud and abuse.

Due to the large amount of missing weapons, the Pentagon has now temporarily suspended new weapons shipments to domestic law enforcement agencies. This is a good step. But it is not enough — especially since the ban is expected to be lifted soon.

Shocking, almost comical, examples of abuse have been well-documented — from the officer who sold his weapons on eBay, to the one who lent his weapons to unauthorized friends and the police departments that lost the military weapons or tried to auction them off.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What issuing a parking ticket would look like under Eric Holders new plan...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Another example of the U.S. police state, and this time in our faces. Please forgive me for not remembering who it was, but recently there was a former military officer stating that the government is creating an army via DHS and local police. Holders statement doesn't surprise me at all with all the other things going on with DHS and the militarization of our local police.

What does surprise me though is how WE as a nation are just sitting idle while they do it. Though their not coming right out and saying it, there can be no doubt as to what is happening. There was a time when we as the American people would step up and take on issues like this before they got to far out of hand. What happened to us? We MUST find that great yet fading American spirit that once permeated our society, and make our voices heard.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Of course Eric, it's the OFFICERS we owe something too, not the people they are sworn to protect and serve right?

*sigh*

There really needs to be a conversation in modern nations about the use police for the protection of the citizen, vs the use of police for the protection of themselves. The lines seem very blurred as to what the job of law enforcement is these days.

Seems it's more about feeding the prison industrial complex and the the racketeering business that is law in general than anything these days.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Good article. If you're the bookish type this was published earlier this year: Rise of the Warrior Cop

It's a great read.

I wouldnt mind police militarization so much if they actually had to follow military protocols.

To kick in a door over in Afghanistan, for example, there are several levels of checks and okays before you can even put your boots on. For a cop to kick in a door here in America he just needs a hunch and a boot.

If Holder wants to militarize the cops then they should be held to the same controls and restrictions as the military. Of course that'll never fly because all the fun of warrior cops is lost when you dont let them terrorize people at will.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

Good article. If you're the bookish type this was published earlier this year: Rise of the Warrior Cop

It's a great read.

It's officially on the must-read list :-) thank you.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Great thread.

I think we've all noticed how DHS is beefing up the police departments. I can only imagine how the next 20 years are going to look like. You will have super cops instead of regular cops.

It is apparent that our government, via DHS, is trying to phase out regular cops, and introduce the super cops.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

It's a great read.

I wouldnt mind police militarization so much if they actually had to follow military protocols.

To kick in a door over in Afghanistan, for example, there are several levels of checks and okays before you can even put your boots on. For a cop to kick in a door here in America he just needs a hunch and a boot.

If Holder wants to militarize the cops then they should be held to the same controls and restrictions as the military. Of course that'll never fly because all the fun of warrior cops is lost when you dont let them terrorize people at will.

Do you feel we actually need the militarization of police in our country?

I guess I understand why some people feel that way, with how many guns we have on the the streets, and how much violence and murder we have in our major urban centers.

Not to mention that our government is more concerned with protecting the corporations and where they set up base, then individual liberties. I'm not bashing them.....afterall, corporations are the heartthrob of this country, if they don't feel safe enough to open up in the major urban cities, then everything else goes down the drain as well I suppose. I still think we need a better BALANCE. Individual freedom and liberties are the most important thing in my opinion.

I do not think regular beat cops, or regular patrol units should be militarized. It sends a BAD message within our Country. It says things have gotten so bad, that our government needs to view the population as terrorists/threats. I think it borderlines a violation of people's trust, and a violation of our own freedoms and liberties.

I do agree that in every major city, we need SWAT, DEA, narcotics divisions, and other divisions within the police force to handle high risk/high threat situations.

I also understand the need for increasing surveillance in our major cities.

However, we DON'T need to militarize our entire police force. Like I said, I tihnk it sends a bad message to the public.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yknow. With the way black people get treated in this country by police you would think you would have more sense than to push something like this. Next. ROBOCOP

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If you ask Mr.Holder most Americans are criminals so according to the current insanity in this country it makes sense.

(rolling my eyes).

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

supermarket2012

Do you feel we actually need the militarization of police in our country?

Absolutely not. I was just pointing out how the DOJ wants to have its cake and eat it to in gearing up all the cops with invasion gear yet not putting the same restrictions on them that exist on the military.

If the DOJ keeps this model up police on the streets of America will far more dangerous than an occupying military on the streets of America.

Which sort of draws my attention to all the DOJ vet bashing that has been going on the past few years.

It's like a lunatic brigade of dysfunctional psychos with machineguns is being actively built to terrorize people.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh hell no,

How long are we going to tolerate this crap?

Kids are already being killed in the streets, what happens when we turn the police force into a military occupation force?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Get ready.

It won't be long.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What Holder is saying is that he has zero respect for Americans, except for his family and circle of friends of course, and he is openly declaring law abiding citizens as military targets.. This is an open statement of war against the American people..

Personally I see E. Holder as a very, very stupid bufoon, because only an idiot would openly say these things to all Americans, just like how he brushed off Officer Brian Terry's death like it was nothing special and wasn't because of him.. Except that it was ALL because of him and The Loco'Bama Co.

I see Holder as an idiot also because only a total idiot would paint a bullseye on himself like he is doing. He is pretty much begging the American people to do something about it..

This is what true contempt for the American people looks like when it is dished out daily to us all, by This entire administration of spiritually and morally bankrupt people; Are their own worst enemies and they will destroy themselves.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State should also be on the must read list.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382558067&sr=1-1&keywords=government+of+ wolves

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Stashman

Another example of the U.S. police state, and this time in our faces. Please forgive me for not remembering who it was, but recently there was a former military officer stating that the government is creating an army via DHS and local police. Holders statement doesn't surprise me at all with all the other things going on with DHS and the militarization of our local police.

What does surprise me though is how WE as a nation are just sitting idle while they do it. Though their not coming right out and saying it, there can be no doubt as to what is happening. There was a time when we as the American people would step up and take on issues like this before they got to far out of hand. What happened to us? We MUST find that great yet fading American spirit that once permeated our society, and make our voices heard.

I will be damned if these words are not the truth behind all the lies.

It IS "our" on fault, WE must stop this, or we will be forced to submit to it forever!!!!

"The strong did what they could, the weak suffered what they must!"-Thucydides

top topics

<<   2 >>

join