It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Charged In Murder Of Danvers High School Teacher

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

DANVERS (CBS) – A teenager has been charged with killing a Danvers high school teacher, authorities said Wednesday, hours after all public schools in town were closed for the day.

Teen Charged In Murder Of Danvers High School Teacher

It happened again? Surprised this hasn't been posted. If it has, my mistake.
Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Read this in the news earlier. Seems they found the teacher in the woods after finding blood in the bathroom and she did not show up at home after school.

Hopefully they charge him as an adult though not sure a kid can get the death penalty.

Wonder if there is any more to this story though, like what if the teacher was in some kind of relationship with the student or something like that.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I know, really wanting more details on this one.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Not sure how many details will come out in this one since the one being charged is a minor. I don't see this making huge waves unless there is a "shocking" under-story here. Stinks, but media wants it to be juicy before they jump in.

From the picture the teacher appears to be very attractive so I will stick to my pondering that there was some kind of relationship, or possibly the kid thought he was in love with her and when he tried to make a move she stopped him and he killed her.

Just kicking around ideas...until the actual story comes out.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I guess this is the suspect

Also, why bother having juvenile protection laws in the first place, when public outcry and such, they get charged as adults anyway. It's stupid.
edit on Wed, 23 Oct 2013 10:12:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

TKDRL

Also, why bother having juvenile protection laws in the first place, when public outcry and such, they get charged as adults anyway. It's stupid.

Good call....I would say that is a FAIL on the part of the police to keep his identity out of the public eye.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I would be very interested to know what the alleged motive for the murder of this teacher is, what the murder weapon was (assuming that a weapon was used at all), what the cause of death was recorded as.

The attempt on the part of the suspect, to leave the area seems less an attempt to escape the law, and more of an attempt to place psychological distance between himself and the crime scene. In my opinion this indicates remorse, which would suggest that rather than a cold blooded act, deliberate, planned, this would seem to have been a spur of the moment act. I would deeply love to know what precipitated it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
All the reports on him being reported missing state that he recently moved to this area from Tennessee.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

TKDRL

Good call....I would say that is a FAIL on the part of the police to keep his identity out of the public eye.

I am not an American, nor am I in America, but surely it is not for the police to decide whether or not to publish the identity of someone if they are not of a legal adult age? The courts should decide that based on the need to do so.
edit on 23-10-2013 by uncommitted because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

Read this in the news earlier. Seems they found the teacher in the woods after finding blood in the bathroom and she did not show up at home after school.

Hopefully they charge him as an adult though not sure a kid can get the death penalty.

Wonder if there is any more to this story though, like what if the teacher was in some kind of relationship with the student or something like that.

...Yes, perhaps there is more to it, like, perhaps they've got the wrong kid and he is INNOCENT?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
He is being charged as an adult. His name is Philip Chism

boston.cbslocal.com... ols-closed-for-homicide-investigation/
edit on 23-10-2013 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Just found this, some good details..

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

AboveBoard
He is being charged as an adult. His name is Philip Chism

boston.cbslocal.com... ols-closed-for-homicide-investigation/
edit on 23-10-2013 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

I am glad he is being charged as an adult. If he is old enough to do the crime he is old enough to pay the penalty. She was a beautiful young lady and no matter the circumstances she did not deserve to die.......I hope they stick it up his a$$ and break it off!!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
WTH is going on now a days with these kids??!! WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS?!?! Are they no longer being taught the value of life, or how to respect others??!!! IM SICKENED!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I think it is a little early to be getting indignant about the state of today's youth. There is very little information in any of the articles on this topic, which would shed any light on the motivation and situation of this crime, and until we have such data, we can make no reasonable assumptions about the perpetrator.

Equally, for all I know he could be the sort of baby eating psychopath that makes all humanity look bad, but until we know for sure, shouldn't we keep our heads a little?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Gotta love the bloodthirsty mob eh? Seems an awful lot of people just love condemning, convicting people, and crying for blood, long before they hear any facts at all. Just someone being questioned or arrested is enough to set off the public frenzy.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by TrueBrit

Gotta love the bloodthirsty mob eh? Seems an awful lot of people just love condemning, convicting people, and crying for blood, long before they hear any facts at all. Just someone being questioned or arrested is enough to set off the public frenzy.

You nailed it bud. I live in the area, and the suspect (remember here in the US you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law) was found walking in the north in the southbound lane of a major highway north of Boston at about 12:30 am at night. This particular highway is 2 lanes, and the north and south bound lanes are entirely separated by a barrier with no easy way to cross over. So walking down that road had to be on purpose (speculation: trying to get hit and kill himself?).

Being in this area, and it being near Salem, MA (the same place as the famous witch trials), and reading the vitriol here on ATS, I can see we as a community have not changed one iota in this respect. People constantly ask how those witch trials could get so out-of-hand, and how they were so uneducated and blinded by baseless accusations? Well, read the posts here and you will see it first-hand.....even today. almost 400 years later.

A shame really. Please folks, he is innocent, and it is alleged he killed that teacher....we can speculate all we want, but, keep in mind, it is just that, SPECULATION based upon nothing but knee-jerk reactions and emotion (just like the accusers in the witch trials).

ETA: And those calling for the death penalty, don't be disappointed but, there is no capital punishment in Massachusetts....sorry.

edit on 10/24/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I certainly think that the responses to this incident thus far have been rather ill thought out and overly emotive, considering that no judgment has yet been made as to the guilt of the suspected party. I also would like to second your comments about the location the suspect was found in, and the intent he may have had in being there. The act of walking down such a potentially perilous route, does not seem that of a remorseless death machine, and some posters seem to ignore fundamental psychological markers like this when forming opinions of the individuals concerned.

Furthermore, speculation is obligatory of course, when confirmable details are so sparse, as they are in this, still unfolding situation. However, I feel it is necessary to place a reminder here, that without an examination of the details of this case, and the behaviour of the accused, before and indeed after the murder of the deceased, accurate, and therefore worthwhile commentary on the quality of the accused as a human being, is virtually impossible. With the media spinning all violence as a marker of some new social disease, rather than examining each case upon its own merits, and with people making spurious assumptions before data comes in, the facts of this case will probably be buried beneath nothing but opinion and speculation.

I would like to see much more raw data before forming my opinion of this case, the victim, the perpetrator, and any other players who might come to light, and I would urge others to do likewise.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Don't know how true the source is, but here's what I found about the death.

teen assaulted the teacher in the school, sliced her with a box cutter, transported her lifeless body through the halls in a recycling bin and dragged it out to the nearby woods.

Read more at: www.heavy.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As someone who graduated from danvers high school in 2007 it sickens me to my core to see this happen. The teacher was only 24 years old. Such a terrible tragedy. The 14 year old must be sick the head to do something like this. Thoughts and prayers to the victim. hes being charged with first degree murder as a juvenile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join