It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Me" Attitude

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
A lot of us spend the lot of our time making observations, however mundane they be. We also spend quite a bit of time thinking, and feeling things, no?

These are simple facts.

On the one hand, I could care less if any single one of you, or any other individual in this entire Universe understands or even reads this. That of course, is false; this prediction I am absolutely certain is true.

Besides, what kind of person would I be taking that "me" attitude, not caring whatever concept I may have, could be in someway beneficial to others.

Of course the iterations are endless, in terms of perspective on the "you" and "me" attitudes, but that aside, let me focus on something clearly.

In this life, with what we have. In this life, with what we can do. Considering probabilities and limitations, is it not agreeable that the "me" attitude can only take you so far in life?

Take a look at the most profitable companies and what they provide. Take a look at the best sports cars, the biggest house, the jewelry, the multi-thousand dollar boat and jet, take it all...

What do you really have in the end of it all?

What have you actually done for others in this world.

What have you done for this world, in the end of it all?

In the end, it is about everything. What we all do, together.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So true. Star and flag for you.
The rich can be so very wasteful and greedy with their money. If I were rich and didn't share with others, I would forever feel guilty as hell.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
In the end, all you have is a gravestone and a memory, whether that memory is good or bad is defined by how you were as a person. No one will say "hey, he had a lot of money." It will be more like "he (so and so) that one time" more than likely, whether it was a good or bad. Money, in the end, means nothing. You will be remembered by your actions, not money.

The richest man in the world could be forgoten maybe a year after he passes, a kind and generous man can be remembered years upon years after he passes, to those he helped.

Heres an interesting video you might like. Kind of related, but either way you should watch it.(not by me, obviously)
ETA: here is the right video:

edit on 23-10-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

spinning thoughts, spinning worlds, and ideals the time stops for no being in the vastness of everything.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Night Star
If I were rich and didn't share with others, I would forever feel guilty as hell.

With an attitude like that you will never have extraordinary wealth, yet you will be the richest among us.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
for what shall it profit a man....? Ya very true but still, you got to make a living.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Snarl

Night Star
If I were rich and didn't share with others, I would forever feel guilty as hell.

With an attitude like that you will never have extraordinary wealth, yet you will be the richest among us.

Awww, thank you!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

That's what I basically tell my children. As an atheist, it may seem rather strange but I actually have a strong care for what happens after I pass from this earth. What I tell my children is this--if this is that one life that you have to live, then make it count and make it so that people remember you with fondness. All those trinkets and doodads, at the end of it all, mean nothing and if you spend all of your days wanting and attempting to obtain every little material thing that you see, then how loved will you be at the end of it all? Do you want to be remembered as Veruca Salt or as a loving, caring and generous person?

Personally, I'd chose the latter because how one is remembered is the closest to immortality that one is ever going to get. And way better than being remembered as somebody like this:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Hey!

WTH did you do for me today?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

justreleased

Hey!

WTH did you do for me today?

What did you do for others today?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

edit on 24-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

what have not done for me 9 power

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I read it but I don't understand it.

:/

OH OH OH!!! I know why I don't understand it!!

Because, it wasn't all about me!!

edit on 15/11/2013 by Thurisaz because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I hate how this attitude is prevalent in the world now.

There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.There is no care anymore.

Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.Everyone hates each other.

Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.Love is lost, it doesn't exist, the only people out there are people who want to bring me down.

top topics

join