It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, my brother passed away...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Last sunday I lost my brother, he died from pneumonia and I saw his last moments and was there in his last breath. He looked peaceful after dying, he had the hint of a smile upon his face... Now, the reason why I am posting this here on ATS:

1) Some people, who believe in after death, say that he is now in a hospital and is recovering; and that he will soon be meeting with our ancestors. Some others say that he will be lost and probably will take some time until he realizes that he is actually physically dead.

So, what does ATS has to say about that? What do you think happens after death?

2) Since his 20s, my brother kept saying that he wouldn't make it past 33 years old and we never paid much attention to that because he would often say it when he was drunk or really angry (or both). In the past 3 years he had been seeing various "signs" with the number 33 on it - he would see it on bills, change, random numbers etc. And guess what? He died at 33 years old exactly, only 1 month before his 34th birthday.

What does ATS have to say about it? Do you think he really knew about his death or was just coincidence? Do you think he "planned" it? Do you believe in premonition?

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward for your answers.
edit on 22-10-2013 by kromaion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Im sorry for you loss. That must be very hard. I know a few people and a few storys where people would say they know how old they will be before dieing and it ends up coming true.

Dont worry, your brother is truly in a better place.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

First I would like to say I am very sorry for your brothers passing. My heart goes out to you.

I do believe in premonition. I predicted my moms death a year and a month before it happened. I have journal entries and poems stating that she was gonna die and other things saying when she falls it's not gonna be an easy fall..it will end in death. And it did end in death.

I wonder if your brother felt this. I just don't know since I know neither of you. I have no idea what happens after death. I do believe in reincarnation. I don't believe that everyone has to repeat life after life but some do.. I don't have any proof for my claims...

Peace to you friend ~~
edit on 22-10-2013 by natalia because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the passing of your brother, my thoughts are with you and your family....

As for the number 33...

In Spiritual Numerology, the numbers 11, 22, and 33 are the three ‘Master Numbers’, the highest being 33 … This highest of the master numbers was the age of the Master Initiate (Jesus) at his death, resurrection and ascension, giving more esoteric accents. The ’33′ symbolizes the highest spiritual conscious attainable by the human being...

In Freemasonry, the highest order is the 33 degrees of the Scottish Rite. The Scottish Rite within Freemasonry was established in 1801 with the formation of the Mother Supreme Council at Charleston, South Carolina. Perhaps it was no accident that Charleston was the birthplace of the Scottish Rite, being situated just 15 miles south of the 33rd parallel. Interestingly, it’s also where the first shots of the American Civil War were fired when Charleston’s Citadel Cadets fired upon a Federal ship, Star of the West, as it sailed into Charleston Harbor. As we shall soon see, many pivotal events of recent history have occurred along the 33rd parallel....

Another organization some consider a secret society with Luciferian links to the Illuminati, although to others it’s merely an inept world body lacking any real power or influence – the United Nations – may also find significance in the number 33. Take a look at the UN flag and you’ll see a world globe divided into 33 sections, encircled by olive branches. Coincidence, or is there some deeper meaning?

The event that today remains synonymous with UFO and alien lore, the rumoured 1947 crash and retrieval of an extraterrestrial craft at Roswell, New Mexico, occurred, you guessed it, on the 33rd parallel. Another significant UFO event that shares more than one parallel with Roswell is the Phoenix Lights event of the evening of 13 March 1997...

Then there’s Club 33, the exclusive private club, and the only place in Disneyland where you can order a stiff drink. Some say the club got its name from the original 33 corporate sponsors of Disneyland, but then …

So, is there really anything to the number 33? Is the supposed significance just us humans looking for patterns wherever we can find them?

As for life after death, well for me personally there is nothing....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Oh my I am so sorry to hear this. Peace to you. My mother used to say she would not live past 36. She died young but not 36. She was 63. Weird huh.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm very sorry about your brother. My brother was murdered a few years ago and I miss him. Nobody knows when they are going to die. Not even a suicide.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You have my warmest regards for your experience with your brother and my highest respect for you being "with it" enough to post about it already.

The "33" thing... I just turned 34 and I always said the same thing growing up so I can relate. Upon my 34th birthday, I actually caught myself feeling relieved because, on some level, I truly truly believed I would die at 33. Leading up to it, I did get sick, became self-destructive, and fell into a bit of a self-loathing period. I imagine your brother did the same and perhaps even made himself sick by weakening his own immune system with his beliefs. There's also the chance that it was meant to be and he planned it before even getting here.

At this moment, he is likely still reviewing his life and studying the lessons. He may be with relatives of yours as well as reuniting with his old friends and guides. He has true understanding now and any thing you've done that you feel bad about is pointless now because he totally understands why you did it now. The other side and the beings there are nearly impossible to wrap our human heads around. Luckily, your brother is no longer limited in that way and he's surrounded by people who know the ropes not to mention he is now remembering the ropes, as well.

I hate the platitude of "he's in a better place" but it's not entirely untrue. The difference is that it's an ideal place from our perspective but, when you are over there, you still look forward to respawning and taking in more lessons.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Some believe that we plan our lives to some degree before incarnating. Picking our parents, selecting life themes, giving ourselves several points in time when we could "exit" if we choose.

Another line of thinking would be that what one focuses on, one creates/experiences. If you believe you will die at a certain point, you create that experience.

Some will say it was God's timing, and perhaps he was having a premonition.

None of us on ATS can really say with any certainty if any of these are true, or if there is another answer. We can only speculate or talk about our religious/spiritual beliefs if we have them.

What I think may be true is that he drew this to himself out of fear and manifested it in some way subconsciously. But I could be totally wrong.

What is most important is that you honor your brother's memory and life. That you remember the good times and experiences. That you learn from his life and death. That you help those around you go on in joy.

Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your loved one.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I would also like to give my condolences to you and yours.

As for afterlife, lets just say I tried contacting my very good friend who passed away 6 years ago and a lot of very, very strange things happened.

Peace and blessings to you and your family.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There Are many cases of people who have predicted the age they would be at the time of their death. We are energy and energy does not die. We are far more than just a physical body. I truly believe that your Brother is in a better place and happy.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the answers and insights. For me, personally, I believe he's in a better place and I hope he can (as well as us here on Earth) detach from the emotional bonds very soon and easily. As for predicting death, I think maybe it's possible to "sense" something, feel deep down inside something that tells you you're not going to get by, but as for predicting the exact date, that I doubt very much... As for me, I feel very deeply that I'll be around for a very long while yet, so I guess it's time to shrugg all the bad feelings off and accept that life goes on. Thanks ATS.

new topics

top topics

join