It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Really Weird Rock on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't usually make this sort of posts, but this martian rock has struck me as really odd. What do the ATSers have to say about it? Curiosity Mastcam image from Sol 426 (Oct 17 2013): mars.nasa.gov...

I would even say it looks remotely organic. Are we looking at a fossil?

Even if it's just a rock, how the hell does something like this form?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Looks like volcanic rock, which gives it the flowing fluid organic look.

my 2 pence on another rock from mars

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Your title answers your question, me thinks....

Cool rock...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Are you talking about the bubbly top broken thingie? And did you notice the inverted 5 right above it? lol

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It is possible that it is the poop of a rock muncher. Finding other such formations could add validity to this speculation.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You should change this thread title to "PROOF OF ALIEN LIFE ON MARS!!!!!!!!!!!" because it obviously is.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Any idea as to size?

What about it captures your interest? Different people tend to be interested in different things and I'm curious what caught your attention.

I agree it is interesting. I love the hi-res Mars pics and although I discount many of the anomalous pics posted on ATS there have definitely been a few that I feel merit further attention as the "mainstream" explanation is less than satisfactory.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A rock, end of

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You can call it: VERTEBRAE.

And you can find hundreds of them under the "feet" of Curiosity
Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109
S&F.

Interesting: the crowd "it's only a rock" could yell "FOSSIL!"

edit on 21-10-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Much of that rock looks like agregate, probably bone dry and crumbly. Most likely the curly looking shape is made up of two pieces of agregate lying side by side, the one on the left having a big hole eroded into it. You could stand on that and it would just crunble to dust.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

luciddream

I saw that same image but I don't think it was ever a real alien. It could be an alien decoy or scarecrow to keep uninvited species out of the rock gardens.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Never rule out what NATURE can do, the problem on here is to many members do!

Cool Rock

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Volcanic rock!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Its obviously a tail of some sort. It might not be a fossil ,that thing might be alive. The u,v rays on mars would cause anything alive to either live under rocks or have rock like u.v protective skin.
I have said it before that nasa should admit their suspicions before the evidence becomes overwhelming.
Ignore the Ats straight heads ,they will all look pretty silly and one dimensional soon enough. Great spot flags and stars.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

wildespace

I would even say it looks remotely organic. Are we looking at a fossil? Even if it's just a rock, how the hell does something like this form?

That's quite an eye-catcher among the other rocks at Curiosity's current location.

Some on here would probably compare such shapes with what happens when you pour heated lead into water: you'd get countless weird shaped pieces and something similar might have happened through volcanic activity, impact debris from meteors etc.

Although such theories (in combination with weathering & erosion) may certainly account for some of the distinctive landscape features at Gale Crater, I personally think they fail to explain the bigger picture ... especially when taking into account the other interesting bits & pieces we've seen and discussed up to now. Can't say what it is we're seeing in the OP, but it certainly is an interesting rock.

Nice find, S&F!
edit on 22-10-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Edit sorry didnt see you on here arken my bad post deleted. Do you have any info on that one bro.
edit on 22-10-2013 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Ignore the Ats straight heads ,they will all look pretty silly and one dimensional soon enough. Great spot flags and stars.

How many forums and threads have we heard that on and it's NOT happened yet!

top topics

join