It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russia's amphibious lander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The ZUBR landing craft is intended to carry out beach landing of assault troops, as well as provide fire support. It can ferry three medium tanks or ten armored personnel carrier's or 360 troopers. The bow landing ramp provides rapid landing of armour and troops on shore. The high- temperature gas turbine engines drive four air-cushioned blowers and three air thrust propellers.
specifications
full displacment 550 tons
principal dimensions length 57.3 ft beam 25.6 ft height 21.9
power hp 3x 10,000 HP, 2x 10,000
propellers four for air cushion and three for air thrust
full speed 60 knots
range 300 knots at 50 knots
electric power source gas turbine generator
electric power 4x 100 kilowats
lift capacity three tanks, eight IFVs, or ten APCs, 360 assault troops, or 140 assault troops with 130 tons cargo
endurance days 5
guns missiles weapons four IGLA-1 AD missile systems, two 30mm Ak-306 gun mounts, two MLRS

I like the lift capacity and the speed what do you think about this ship?

rusarm.ru/exprod.htm

[edit on 16-11-2004 by blue cell]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wow. Thats pretty nice. It sure can carry a lot of stuff. 10 APCs or 3 tanks is very impressive. This means a couple of them could deploy a considerable force in one trip. 360 soldiers is definatly enough to do some serious damage. Combined with it's speed and covering fire makes this one heck of a lander. I can see Spetsnaz might like these thanks to it's speed, capacity, and firepower.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Not really that new...........

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
WOW
never knew they are ARMED!

- four IGLA-1 AD Missile Systems
- two 30 mm AK-306 Gun Mounts
- two MLRS

and for safety - light armour plates

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wow! That is so neat! Why doesn't the US have one of those? We should totally go steal a couple.

How many does Mother Russia have anyhow?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As much as I am against stealing designs I think the Russians owe us something considering they stole our A-Bomb designs and one of our bombers. I don't think that we need to steal it though. We could probably design our own equivlent. I mean it's a lander, not a brand new bomber or something.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeah but why not take the origional? Do we really want a look alike? Besides, it's cheaper to steal it than to design and make it.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
Wow! That is so neat! Why doesn't the US have one of those? We should totally go steal a couple.

How many does Mother Russia have anyhow?

We already have one the (LCAC)

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
Why doesn't the US have one of those? We should totally go steal a couple.

you dont have to steal any, because USA HAVE THEM

but i dunno if its any close to rus one

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sorry gave the wrong link I know the pictures right though I picked it up on a non english site.

It small compared to the Russian one only lifting a 100 tons cargo

[edit on 16-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I know the US has landers like the Russian one we all admire, the problem is Russias is better which is why I'm dying to get one. I have to admire the Russians for this design. So I wonder how much one costs.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
o crap. ummm mr. president russia has an amphibious lander so does this count as an WMD cause if it does we can bomb them

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
So I wonder how much one costs.

Im not really sure sure But I think Greece is going to buy two of them. I would guess they cost somewhere between 10-20 million but dont quote me on that.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEeNd
o crap. ummm mr. president russia has an amphibious lander so does this count as an WMD cause if it does we can bomb them

uhhh.... only if you want to be bombed back to ice age

while on google, i found this article:

RUSSIAN HOVERCRAFT FOR GREEK NAVY
"The first one has been launched in November and the delivery of two, commissioned at the price of 100 million dollars, is previewed within the mid 2001"

and these facts:

Military Lift
- three T-80B tanks, or
- ten BTR-70 armoured personnel carriers, or
- 140 assault troops with 130 tons of cargo

Weapons:
- Air defence guns and missiles
- Strela-3 portable air defence missile system
- 4 x 4 launchers plus 32 AP missiles
- 30 mm AK-630 Air Defence Gun Mount 2 x 6 with 6000 rounds
- 140mm Ogon launchers
- 2 x 22 with 132 rockets

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
100 million
Titus I was way off on that one. I guess thats why a country buys a grand total of 2 of them.

Man I had no clue they cost that much.

Perhaps the engine cost 10-20 million

[edit on 16-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oh, now Greece has some and we still don't. Great!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Wow. Thats pretty nice. It sure can carry a lot of stuff. 10 APCs or 3 tanks is very impressive. This means a couple of them could deploy a considerable force in one trip. 360 soldiers is definatly enough to do some serious damage. Combined with it's speed and covering fire makes this one heck of a lander. I can see Spetsnaz might like these thanks to it's speed, capacity, and firepower.

They are actualy working on a new landing craft called the heavy lift landing craft air cushioned it is capable of carrying two M1A1 abrams tanks or 10 light armored vehicles. Still the russian one is cooler maybe me and cyberdude78 could work on our own design of the russian one and make millions of dollars hah! Then somehow rule the world yah um chicken wings. LOL
globalsecurity.org

[edit on 18-11-2004 by blue cell]

top topics

join