It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus's deciples here. Throw away religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It looks like Jesus's disciples are finally here, and like a lot of people have said, it is time for religion to go!

Instead of sitting in a building for a few hours singing and listening to some priest, they are healing the sick, lame, and blind, in a LOW KEY way, not like some televangelist, and casting out demons etc...

NO church, NO religion, NO denomination, no meetings or committees, spur of the moment....

Just talking the talk AND walking the walk!

www.thelastreformation.com...

WHat do y'all think?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

Oh boy...looks like a infomercial to me. Shake weight category absurd.

The web layout alone sets of my BS meter. Everyone is free to do what they want but don't be surprised if in the end you are asked for money.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Lol, ummm, no asking for money, he was just here for 4 days, never asked fora dime, and I saw people healed with my own eyes....

Nice try on the pooh pooh it down though.

There is no way you had time to even read a chapter because I was only gone long enough to do some dishes, lol
edit on 16-10-2013 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Also there is THIS..... "James 1:27

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."

THIS is more important than any church service or any of that religious garbage...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

hidingthistime
I they are healing the sick, lame, and blind,

asp they need to go to the children's hospitals and
heal all the children with leukemia.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It should be done through the church. Jesus and the Apostles were very clear on that, but that does not mean it cannot be anywhere at any time, street, Church or massive meeting. It doesn't need to be flashy but remember Jesus did it in situations identical to doing a massive healing in the centre of times square on a Friday evening.

Don't get too flake y religious on an interpretation of healing. Jesus was very dramatic at times, quiet and subtle at others.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I haven't had a look yet but what you are saying is right up my alley! We are doing this in our own community. It has a lot of church going Christians scratching their heads, they cant seem to get it ("how can you be a Christian and not go to church?"). The church going not really Christians seem to accept it more easily.

As far as Heb 10:25, we meet with other Christians on almost a daily basis and we are out there doing good works and spreading the gospel.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

no asking for money, he was just here for 4 days, never asked fora dime

Are you telling me that in 4 days the offering passed was never passed? I don't believe you! On the website you linked, he's selling his book AND he has a DONATE button on the top right of the page. you can't miss it!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

windword

Are you telling me that in 4 days the offering passed was never passed? I don't believe you! On the website you linked, he's selling his book AND he has a DONATE button on the top right of the page. you can't miss it!

Since this place/planet have not evolved beyond money I do not think it is wrong for him to get some so he can do what he is doing.

My guess it is just another form of Reiki (rei (霊: "spirit, miraculous, divine") and ki (気; qi: "gas, vital energy, breath of life, consciousness").

This uses other tools that pushes synchonicity and increases the placebo effect by adding spiritual energy from source(or whatever you wanna call source) to another person. If it is this then the effects in the body can be heat, burning heat, coldness and pulses of energy. When used with calming music the patient can start to see things and sometimes falls asleep from being totally relaxed.

Normal practice of reiki is to not promise that the healing will have to much effect since you do not want the patient to be disappointed. But there are cases where terminal sicknesses have been treated with spiritual energy. But if people believe they will be healed then they are by the placebo effect more likely to be healed.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

windword

What is wrong with a donate button?? People with scrap booking ideas on blogs even have a donate button..

Also, if someone puts something to print and pays for the publishing, there is nothing wrong with being compensated for it.... geeze, get real.

As for going around healing people NO he did NOT pass anything around, we were going to Tim Hortons, the mall, the beach, etc in little groups, and left people healed.

MOST of those people never found out who he was or how to contact him or anything.... it was just a whirlwind, drive by healing.

I have never asked or accepted a DIME for healing anyone, and when I take homeless people into my house and heal them they are gone in a few days, BETTER and ready for a new life at MY expense, I have taken people from the gutter to being very successful and happy, NEVER accepted a dime when offered even, never let them give me a red penny....feeding clothing and housing people.

and most times I have healed anyone or cast out demons, they don't even know who I was, and I don't know how well it worked until wayyyy later when they find me out on the street somewhere and tell me all of the good things that happened etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You heal people? From what? Do have doctors' notes proving your claims? Do you check up on the people you've "healed" and sent back out into the street, to see if their illness has come back, and if they still have jobs and a place to live, or do you just do "spiritual" healing?

Why don't you go to hospitals and heal all the terminally ill children that you can? I'm sure their parents would convert if you did!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

windword

You heal people? From what? Do have doctors' notes proving your claims? Do you check up on the people you've "healed" and sent back out into the street, to see if their illness has come back, and if they still have jobs and a place to live, or do you just do "spiritual" healing?

Why don't you go to hospitals and heal all the terminally ill children that you can? I'm sure their parents would convert if you did!

He might be able to get the placebo effect working/synchronicity so the body heals itself if he is lucky. But it has to do with the spiritual not the physical body. You do physical training to keep the physical body healthy and you do spiritual things (reiki/meditation/singing/mantra) to keep the spiritual body healthy and they both interact with each other.

I myself is very much spirit over mind over body and neglect my body some but I have ways to compensate for that. You do get that there are people who have been cured from deadly cancer from intense healing from many healers at the same time (the example in this case is Reiki but the tool is not that important since it is probably the same will/intention/energy).

Once we get more knowledge and quantify exactly how it works the combination of physical medicine and spiritual healing working in unison will be extremely effective.
edit on 16-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Religion is like Amway.

The product is great.

The sales people are all screwed up.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I understand Reiki and other disciplines of alternative healing methods, but the link in the OP isn't talking about that. He's talking about faith healing, strictly through prayer and conversion.

From his link:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Been done before

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I understand Reiki and other disciplines of alternative healing methods, but the link in the OP isn't talking about that. He's talking about faith healing, strictly through prayer and conversion.

From his link:

If they can get the baptising working so that the people can feel the flow of chi(spiritual energy) and bliss then I am very happy. But yes I agree that just because you can use a tool (reiki/religion) to get chi to flow do not mean it is the only tool.

But praying can help but true extreme need is incredibly stronger. It is for me all about intent. When I use reiki I do not even use the symbols since I have other mantra that is more suited to me that means the same thing. I could probably do the same with an ong namo guru dev namo mantra when touching a person and sending ki that they are doing in this video.

If the person believe in the tool and can use it then it works. It is not like I am going to tell everyone that is doing reiki that they should not use the symbols just because they do not personally suit me.

If all Christian really was following Jesus example then I would be very happy (and not Pauls example). There is not much difference between those that are really spiritual whatever religion or path they started from.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There are people who can really heal people of some things. This has been proven but the medical industry stays far away from confirming it, instead they chuckle. The thing is that they do not deny that this is happening, if they did it would be a lie and they are not supposed to outright lie. They are taught to deflect people from the truth.

Not one percent of people who say they heal people are really healers. I know there is supposed to be a healer down by Mexico somewhere who is supposed to be legit. This healing is a complex process, with the initial healing being brain chemistry and the whole effect being a communication of information to make it stick. The healer is only a person who is a medium of all this. The real healer cannot take a cent for his own benefit for his healing ability or he loses his link.

so if someone is driving around in a caddy and living high off the hog from the money he earns from his preaching, he is probably a fake.

A real healer cannot replace an arm or do what has to be done by a surgeon though. Regrowth of tissue or aptopsis of bad tissue, possibly could be done. If faith wasn't a factor in healing, how come most big hospitals are starting to use it's power in their treatments, especially those hospitals with high success.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If faith wasn't a factor in healing, how come most big hospitals are starting to use it's power in their treatments, especially those hospitals with high success.

The placebo effect.

They are basically lying to their patients but it shows you what the mind can do. This is the general principle in all non-scientific healing practices.

You convince the person's own mind to heal its own body. The fact that this happens isn't the interesting part, what is fascinating is that humans actually have the ability to do minor healing locked away somewhere that can be tapped into.

I believe once we get full control of that it will push us further along on the evolutionary scale.

Healers by themselves have no special ability that others do not.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nevermind

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

I remember watching a episode of Oprah, years ago. There was a little boy, about 9, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He imagined that he was playing a video game, Asteroid, I think, and shooting and shooting away at the tumor. The doctors were shocked that tumor was diminishing, and eventually was gone.

That's the power of the mind. No hockus pockus faith healing, no conversion or confessions, just visualization and imagination.

<<   2 >>

join