It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-San Diego Mayor Filner pleads guilty to felony false imprisonment, battery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Fox Link

To felony false imprisonment no less. Filner 'was' the mayor of San Diego.

I wonder if he'll see justice, or if this is just going to be a black mark on his record. Maybe Weiner and him can run on the democratic presidential ticket. Haw Haw. What is wrong with NY and California?
edit on 10/15/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed Unnecessary Title.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

You've posted in the wrong forum!

Death to you!

Death to all!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry.

Yes, Filner is a bad person with no morals or values.

He'll probably have a show on MSNBC in 3. . . 2. . .

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Under the agreement, Filner will serve probation for three years and "home confinement" for three months. He will be barred from public office, prohibited from voting while on probation, and forced to surrender part of his pension.

Not enough. Not enough by half. He was more than a Mayor, he was a Congressman from 1993 to 2012. I wrote a thread about him earlier in the 'saga'. He's got a long string of women in just San Diego. How many in Washington, is what I wonder? Across 20 years in Congress that backed directly up to his start as Mayor....? Sounds like an experienced gentleman to me...

Hmmm... Must be more I think..and not even close to enough for him, IMO. He needed prison. He doesn't even lose his voting rights for more than the time on probation. Sheesh.... Does everyone get off that easy on a Felony conviction?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

no not everyone gets off that easy...it would seem only those in high places with friends in the right place....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

no not everyone gets off that easy...it would seem only those in high places with friends in the right place....

I'd agree but add that it goes further than simply friends in the right places. It can be about plain and simple payola to playola. In 15 years of long haul trucking, my official record will show 2 tickets...I believe it was. One little twit in Oregon where I earned it and was too rookie a driver to know better, and a corrupt piggy in Ohio who probably walked with a permanent kink from how crooked he was. (Slow lane doing 57mph precisely ...being passed by 2 trucks going 75. There is NO mistaking speed differential...but I was easier to catch and he lied well).

I'll plead the 5th to how many I actually got and just say my wife and I joked about US maps and filling in states with paper from each like RV's use magnets.. err.. but I didn't say that because it never happened. I just accepted after Oregon that I would pay 250% to 300% of ticket cost in "court fees" to make it go away. In all the cases? It never failed. Not once.

We have the best system money can buy and the corruption really does run a sliding scale with accommodation at all levels. Equal Opportunity to the end.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I'd agree but add that it goes further than simply friends in the right places. It can be about plain and simple payola to playola.

But ... but ... felony false imprisonment? Traffic violations usually aren't felonious. In all honesty, I thought the deal might have been that his plea was to something more substantial to appease his victims AND put him out of the game in exchange for a slap-on-the-wrist sentence.

Conspiracies ... gotta love 'em.

Note to 10th: Thanks for fixing my wreck! Cheers.
Note to Beez: Thanks for pointing it out. LOL

top topics

join