It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some interesting thought from Marcus Aurelius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have to put a bit of context here. The cause that inspired me to make this thread was a search on the origin of the word principle.

If one is to search the word principle, that person might stumble upon many definition on this word, all depending upon the context within which it is read. The specific category which sounded attractive to me was the category of "principle as moral law" which states :

It represents a set of values that orient and rule the conduct of a concrete society. The law establishes an obligation in the individual's conscience that belongs to the cultural field in which such values are accepted. It supposes the liberty of the individual as cause, that acts without external coercion, through a process of socialization.

Then, considering I am on Wikipedia, I decided to peek a the content available for the word conscience and then I saw it, Marcus Aurelius and part of his meditations and stoic philosophy.

The Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius wrote in his Meditations that conscience was the human capacity to live by rational principles that were congruent with the true, tranquil and harmonious nature of our mind and thereby that of the Universe: "To move from one unselfish action to another with God in mind. Only there, delight and stillness...the only rewards of our existence here are an unstained character and unselfish acts."[21]

21. ^ Marcus Aurelius. Meditations. Gregory Hays (trans). Weidenfeld and & Nicholson. London. 2003 pp. 70 and 75.
Here is the source of Wikipedia's quote.

Then someone might say but what proof is there of God? Well, in my belief, I see God as a moral idealistic way one tries to attain but which he might never reach through living by the virtues instead of vices.

It could also be in part be related as :

Santideva (685–763 CE) wrote in the Bodhicaryavatara (which he composed and delivered in the great northern Indian Buddhist university of Nalanda) of the spiritual importance of perfecting virtues such as generosity, forbearance and training the awareness to be like a "block of wood" when attracted by vices such as pride or lust; so one can continue advancing towards right understanding in meditative absorption.[18]

Jump up ^ Santideva. The Bodhicaryavatara. trans Crosby K and Skilton A. Oxford University Press, Oxford. 1995. pp. 38, 98
Here is the source of Wikipedia's quote.

What are your thoughts about it ?

Thruthseek3r

edit on 13-10-2013 by thruthseek3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That there is no 'proof of God'... is the question of the ages.

But what if that 'proof' has been here all along? What if it was destroyed by the Church?... for it is well known that knowledge is a dangerous thing to the rich and powerful... eh?

We have sought the Truth for 40 years, and finally, upon giving up, that there was no Truth, the Vision Quest came, and the Truth was revealed. But, like all truths on this Earth, absolute truth does not reveal itself in the words of man, but only in the language of nature... this was Einstein's quest for the Unified Field that we sought after.

We found the Truth in the Grail of Enoch, after the Vision it was revealed by my conscience(our direct connection to spirit), how Einstein's math fit the Scribe's story 'out of the mouth of God'. Then all the ancient philosophies, that were burned and called 'heretic' by the Catholics came into view. How the Yin, Yang and Tao, match the Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma, how the Secret of Enoch fits the Adoil, the Archa and the Voice of God exactly. That all the ancients had the idea of the 3 Primal forces, and the Secret of the Universe is buried in the Knowledge of the Darkness. The Vision revealed the Secret of the Darkness, what physics calls the Dark energy, what religion calls the lake of fire, is the same thing... the Firmament, or Waters of Enoch and the Ancient Gnostics. And here, the spirit said, was Truth, in the 3 primal forces of the Holy Light(spirit), the UnHoly Darkness, and the Causal spin force( Cycles of Pi, Tao, Brahma). All that was left, was The Equation of the Unified Field, which I have revealed, and none do care. Why? Because, we, love our 'authorities'. Without an 'authority' blessing it, it can never BE. May they all be damned.

How do you prove God? Einstein proved that all things are energy. When the first atomic bomb was detonated in 1945, special relativity was a fact. All things are merely 'frozen energy'. The question then is, what IS 'energy', and where does it come from? The physicists, upon reaching for that answers, arrived on the throne of God, and changed course, abandoning Einstein's approach of the Unified Field. They don't want a Unified Field because it must prove the tenants of religions, we can't have any of that 'God stuff' mixed in our science. So their entire approach is to prove God does not exist; aka The God particle. This is the underlying stink of the particle guys, and why they will ultimately fail.

To prove 'reality', requires one to trace the energies, and find out 'What IS energy'? They, don't know, and can't give you a good explanation. Only a 'how', the 'why' goes unspoken, unasked, because they KNOW the answer to the question; the Energy of reality MUST come from OUTSIDE the known Universe. They always end up at the throne of God... so the Unified Field, ultimately, must be, the Unified Field of God.

But, you will say, didn't Michelson-Morley 'prove' there was no Luminiferous Aether? And wasn't this a basis of special relativity? Yes, and no. Consider; Did M.-M. ask the RIGHT question? They proved there was no 'luminiferous' aether, an aether of LIGHT, to 'carry the light waves'. But, what if, they should have asked; What if the Aether is not light, but Dark? How do you measure THAT? What would 'carry' light, if not light? That doesn't make sense if you think about the Universe of dualities, and dipoles. If energy is to be useful, it must be dynamic, flowing. Which means, it must be 'produced' and 'consumed', so that, it can be 'worked' like the spinning of a water wheel in a water fall... Hmmm... producer=light, Yang, Shiva...! consumer=dark, Yin, Vishnu...! And the Cycles, or Causal spin=Voice,Tao,Brahma...!
We have a winner, from the ancients... now... how to prove that. Thank you spirit...

Thus the Piper's Vision delivered the Unified Field of God in The God Calculus, as the beginning of Aether Physics. Building upon the 'imponderable aether' of Einstein's General Relativity, we have made experiments that prove the Aether is the Dark energy and that gravity and magnetism are coupled at some level. The Dark energy is the Dark Progenitor Force, the forces of weak, strong, gravity, magnetic, inertia, and entropy, as One. They are one by the scale of Coupling, the smaller the scale, the stronger. The Higgs boson, aka the God particle, is merely a shadow of the magnetic bubble that gives reality hardness through magnetic repulsion. Their 'proof' at CERN, was merely a 99% proof, a statistical creation, of a shadow force... think, isn't it funny, how all the particle experiments require large magnets to move particles around? Could a 'particle' be affected by magnets, if it was not, itself, magnetic?

Thus, the ancients knew more than modern man about the construction of reality. When my next experiment is done(we already are seeing good numbers), we will prove that special relativity and general relativity are joined together through the Aether by the function of Time Dilation. We have already proved that gravity is a chaotic vortex field, not a linear field, and is the cause of precession in orbits, and the reason the Voyager probes have gone off course and detected magnetic 'anomalies' at the edge of interstellar space. Our antigravity and free energy experiments have proven spiritual geometry manifests in the dynamics between the Light and the Dark forces, that we call electricity and magnetism. When we are done, our next project is the Aetherial Impeller, a warp drive. We shall see, it is hard to do good work without funds, but, we have been given everything we need in MacGyver Land, our lab, and we will persist.

The biggest message of the Unified Field is your message of principles... and morality. That religion lost its way long ago through the Doctrine of MYSTERY. This is a doctrine that is set up by the rich and powerful, to control the masses through Fear and confusion and division. What would the rich and powerful do, if the People were Unified, United behind one idea? This is the basis of Daniels statue of Nebuchadnezzar, the Head of Gold on the two legs of false ideology, standing on the ten toes of division by mystery. The System of the World is Babylon.

The Rule of Gold(he who has the gold makes the rules.), enforced by the kings, and the people made submissive to 'Godly authority' by the Priests. Sound familiar? The Unified Field of God, is the Knowledge of the Rocks. Proof that the powers of God lives in the Rocks, that solves the oldest mysteries of science and religion. Why do big rocks rise above little rocks? Because God and Spirit are more dense in the big than in the small, thus they rise above 'chaos'. They form layers of size and density. The soul, rises as well, when it is 'enlightened' by the power of Empathy and love. Fire rises against gravity, it seeks to escape chaos density towards the Light, as like attracts like. The Dark is a real force as is the Hyper-Light(spirit), that defines even the shape of the Quantum, the symbol of love, the stretched toroid of love, the ancient Heart symbol, has more meaning than you can fathom...

If you wish to see the Unified Field of God. You may visit pipermichael.wordpress.com

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bagpiper

Briefly reading your post you have appear to have read "The Zealtor" or at least are a follower of the way.

You have much to research. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I can't speak for any hard concrete proof of God...
yet, we look at nature and can clearly see, it is not human invention that these patterns unfold themselves naturally, we do not just 'see' these things because we are human, these patterns exist invariably of us. We found only human ways to express them. I can't believe, and be honest with myself, that all of the various 'coincidences' which lend themselves so perfectly, too perfectly, to the creations of Nature are simply, just accidents which simply occurred and that's the way it is. Nobody planned it, it sort of just grew and everything beautiful, every thing which lends itself to Math and Logic which is also beautiful is just an accident and the Ancients were sort of clueless wrecks who believed that there was a Creator who Created all these things because of the things they observed...
I don't believe that, I certainly don't see anything inherently WRONG in that belief, because it's al-together far too real of a possibility to say "haha ignorant u r rong"...
I feel that, there is a God, and that God is definitely a .... being, which has clearly, a great, great understanding of Geometry, although he might call it something else... And God created, using geometric tools, the Universe, the stars, the planets...

of course, and I say that, but don't mean it literally. Could you imagine an omniscient being using a compass to create the Universe?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

And you have much to read...
I gave you the link, but your quick read, has left you dry of the truth.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

You see, and understand, inherently, within your very being,
yet have not the tools of understanding....
Thus the Grail was given for Man to understand,
yet, man, as rich and powerful men always do, burned it, and it was forgotten...
Until this time, when it was found, revealed anew,
by the Hand of God?
and then written in the language of nature,
at the nexus of science and religions past,
seek the ratio of God, in the cycles of Pi, and know the Truth.

Truth requires proof, and proof comes in the merging of the Special and General Relativities.
The spiritual experiment, I can now reveal, looks promising... Numbers from God?
The Aether reveals the Reality, that light and time are One with the Darkness.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Stoicism of Marcus Aurelius is the essence of behavior championed also by pure Christianity . He is the best of philosophers IMO.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bagpiper

A post of considerable lenght, but some interesting topics inside of it. Although, I must admit some part of it concerning the general relativity was interesting, but out of context considering I was posting on morality at the beginning.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Second level of initiation of the Golden Dawn ! I hope you are not right with what you are saying as I am currently on a quest of leaving the occult for good.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Tusks
The Stoicism of Marcus Aurelius is the essence of behavior championed also by pure Christianity . He is the best of philosophers IMO.

I did not know by any mean that Marcus Aurelius's philosophy was one of the base of Christianity. This is a big surprise to me I must admit.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

join